CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Attitude playing a game and with friends are two different things. Sure Ola is good at the game, but he had his spot on EG and lost it because he raged and punched a wall. Seems like that is a liability. Why risk that when Lethul takes you to an even higher place

so he raged once and now he's just a completely angry person? That makes sense. A liability? Come on now. And you any say Lethul takes them to a higher place when Ola didn't really have the same opportunity

so he raged once and now he's just a completely angry person? That makes sense. A liability? Come on now. And you any say Lethul takes them to a higher place when Ola didn't really have the same opportunity

Did I say he was a completely angry person? I would apologize, but I didn't say that.

Anyway, the thing is he had an opportunity. He was on the team and they placed and played fine. However, due to his actions, he lost that opportunity.

Did I say he was a completely angry person? I would apologize, but I didn't say that.

Anyway, the thing is he had an opportunity. He was on the team and they placed and played fine. However, due to his actions, he lost that opportunity.

that comment doesn't support anything about Lethul being a top 5 player.

that comment doesn't support anything about Lethul being a top 5 player.

Did I make a comment about Lethul being a top 5 player? If I did, please quote it because I didn't mean to if so. But Lethul has helped EG to the top and keep them there, no arguing that.

And for what it's worth, I don't even think Ola is top 5

Did I make a comment about Lethul being a top 5 player? If I did, please quote it because I didn't mean to if so. But Lethul has helped EG to the top and keep them there, no arguing that.

And for what it's worth, I don't even think Ola is top 5

Ola being top 5 for this game is definitely iffy so I don't disagree on that. I don't know who it was but someone posted about Lethul being the #1 player and that's how this whole conversation happened. All my points have just been about how I don't believe Lethul is top 5 let alone #1. He did what was needed to win and we will never know if that team would've been better with anyone else.

I really hope H5 can bring some of competitive Halo back. Have they announced when season 3 starts or is that Gamescom thing the opener? I'd hate to wait 3 more months.

I really hope H5 can bring some of competitive Halo back. Have they announced when season 3 starts or is that Gamescom thing the opener? I'd hate to wait 3 more months.

Season 3 will start post-launch. No exact date yet.

We'll see a few pre release tournaments like the invitational in two weeks.

The reason I put Lxthul as #1 is because of event wins. Dude was the 2gre of H2A. It's pretty hard to determine who is best on a single team, as people all play certain roles. But I really think he was the x-factor that made EG the godsquad. 

Also, I don't know anyone who grinded more than he did. 

5FeC3LT.png

The rebroadcast gets the front page but when it was live some speedrun had it :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Season 3 will start post-launch. No exact date yet.

We'll see a few pre release tournaments like the invitational in two weeks.

Damn. Well, at least we can look forward to more than 3 maps and clear instructions on how to get forge maps into the HCS. I hope they show off some maps from beta for the invitational so we can see what changes have been made.

Damn. Well, at least we can look forward to more than 3 maps and clear instructions on how to get forge maps into the HCS. I hope they show off some maps from beta for the invitational so we can see what changes have been made.

Personally I hope we don't need forge maps in Halo 5. With the huge focus on Arena 4v4, we shouldn't need them.

Just got to hope the base maps are good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

john-elway.jpg

Edit: Dammit @@Munoz

Understandable in physical sports, but eSports is there an example? I mean I know Nadeshot has taken a break but it's not like he's done. 

Personally I hope we don't need forge maps in Halo 5. With the huge focus on Arena 4v4, we shouldn't need them.

I want to see at least some commnunity interaction with the HCS, especially because I know that there will be base maps that won't be as good as others. I trust players will figure out the game better than the devs at some point and figure out how to make better maps around the abilities. 

343 needs to take input on Arena maps within the first couple weeks, and change weapon spawns and kill times appropriately ACROSS all of Arena, not just HCS playlist.

343 needs to take input on Arena maps within the first couple weeks, and change weapon spawns and kill times appropriately ACROSS all of Arena, not just HCS playlist.

With their mentality for H2A, you'll likely only ever see changes in HCS if they're changed in vanilla too. Minus map geometry stuff (looking at you Shrine).

With 20+ launch maps, only a few of them being Warzone maps and none being BTB, there should definitely be some viable maps. If they count the Forge arenas as maps like they did in the beta, there will slightly fewer maps to choose from(at least 4 counting the 2 Breakout maps and 2 Forge pallete maps we've seen), but there will be some DLC maps to use as the game progresses. With those being free(and assuming some of the maps not dedicated to BTB and Warzone are suitable for HCS play), we'll have even more to use as the game goes on. On the bright side of Forge maps in H5, at least the palette looks clean and smooth. With 343 making the Forge instead of CA this time, maybe it will be more properly optimized and not be as likely to tear at the framerate when playing online.

Ola being top 5 for this game is definitely iffy so I don't disagree on that. I don't know who it was but someone posted about Lethul being the #1 player and that's how this whole conversation happened. All my points have just been about how I don't believe Lethul is top 5 let alone #1. He did what was needed to win and we will never know if that team would've been better with anyone else.

That's fine if you don't think Lethul was top 5, but I'd wager a guess that you watched very little H2A gameplay over its lifespan.

I hate to admit it, but I've watched people play H2A almost every day since the game came out, and if you watch Lethul's screen it's immediately obvious how good he is. He has a top 5 BR (Roy, Contra, APG, Snipedown). He has a top 5 Snipe (Snipedown, Mikwen, Arkanum, Royal 2), and he has a complete understanding of the game in addition to being the most level-headed player on EG.

Anyone would have joined EG if they asked. Clearly they thought TJ was the best available choice. Then they won 5 straight LAN events. The kid is just fucking sick at the game. Period.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's fine if you don't think Lethul was top 5, but I'd wager a guess that you watched very little H2A gameplay over its lifespan.

I hate to admit it, but I've watched people play H2A almost every day since the game came out, and if you watch Lethul's screen it's immediately obvious how good he is. He has a top 5 BR (Roy, Contra, APG, Snipedown). He has a top 5 Snipe (Snipedown, Mikwen, Arkanum, Royal 2), and he has a complete understanding of the game in addition to being the most level-headed player on EG.

Anyone would have joined EG if they asked. Clearly they thought TJ was the best available choice. Then they won 5 straight LAN events. The kid is just fucking sick at the game. Period.

That is your opinion and I respect it. I have watched a lot more H2A than I care to admit, scrims and all. I just don't believe he has a top 5 BR nor does he have top 5 sniping ability. This isn't me hating and saying he is garbage at all. Again he did what needed to be done to win. But playing with his three teammates you definitely have an easier time since they already are so great. There are just so many other players that are more talented they just don't have the best team in H2A.
  • Upvote (+1) 1