CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why was it so easy on earlier consoles compared to this one?

DRM. The Xbox One requires you to be connected to the internet in order to launch a game. It's basically an anti-piracy measure. 

DRM. The Xbox One requires you to be connected to the internet in order to launch a game. It's basically an anti-piracy measure. 

Is that the case for discs too?

Is that the case for discs too?

From my understanding yes, but explaining the exact mechanism utilized is something they seem to avoid for security reasons. 

@@GoldeNade

Yes. I work on the IT and Engineering Team. 

I'm sorry you think it's a stupid idea. I wish it was a problem we (as a Halo community) didn't have to deal with. As you know, it's a proposed solution to an issue we face. Doesn't mean that's what is or will happen - I honestly don't know what will come of it. I won't belittle you, but given your experience I'm sure you know plenty of solutions will be proposed, evaluated, and debated. You should also know what seems like the "easy" solution such as enabling LAN support isn't ever as "easy" as it seems. And increased complexity in terms of logical and physical networking, authentication, or administration don't necessarily mean a more complex problem from a macro perspective - which is the angle with which I was approaching this. 

Although that whole problem isn't even something I'm dealing with. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL I think the biggest hype so far was for Walshy's comment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Through all the twitch chat spam... "MCC_NEEDS_HALO_3_HARDCORE: H3 Hardcore OR RIOT"

Hopefully Bravo saw it :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd love to know how many wasted rockets were shot this weekend.

How about a Rocket Launcher skin/variant in Halo 5 which has Puckett's face on it and fires 0% damage rockets?

• Upvote (+1) 4

How about a Rocket Launcher skin/variant in Halo 5 which has Puckett's face on it and fires 0% damage rockets?

And a medal with Puckett saying "that was a Puckett rocket" when you miss a rocket?