CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That restart completely screwed OG over so much, they where destroying CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Xbox one is such a shit console. How can it have so many problems..... Its not like its been out for 2 years and Micro$soft hasnt been making consoles for over a decade. Oh wait.... :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully give us real LAN and pour a metric fuckton of money into HCS. Give us events to rival CoD, or, well, at least try to.

They have to promote the hell out of HCS because that's all XB1 has

wish they'd just bring mcc to pc already...oh wait that means there would be literally no reason to buy an xbone. can't allow that

I wonder what their next move will be. With these problems being shown at this kind of stage XB1's aren't looking very good. And now that cod is going to be played competitively on PS4 that's another huge hit to them.

Has Sony announced their plans for competitive CoD?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I read that 343 said they could work with event organizers to get them a special server or something.

Actual offline play would be 100x easier....

lol sounds like a great solution. Instead of having true LAN support lets create a more complex infrastructure of event organizers to deal with by adding a pseudo XBL server. And I'd assume that would be a way to prevent other organizations from hosting events that you don't sanction (or at least a decent event).

Unless MS does something, I fully expect this to be an issue in H5.

Has Sony announced their plans for competitive CoD?

I don't know if they have said what exactly they are doing, but all the pros have been buying PS4s

Predictions for the rest of the event;

C9 3-1 WFX

C9 3-2 CLG

Denial 3-2 EG

EG 3-1 C9

EG 3-2 Denial

EG 3-0 Denial

wish they'd just bring mcc to pc already...oh wait that means there would be literally no reason to buy an xbone. can't allow that

I wish they would haha, then I could sell xbone :ghost:

At least it wasn't as bad as 2009 Nationals. Still feel awful for Goatniac.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol sounds like a great solution. Instead of having true LAN support lets create a more complex infrastructure of event organizers to deal with by adding a pseudo XBL server. And I'd assume that would be a way to prevent other organizations from hosting events that you don't sanction (or at least a decent event).

Unless MS does something, I fully expect this to be an issue in H5.

There's nothing about a local server that would make it more complicated to manage than the current set up. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At least it wasn't as bad as 2009 Nationals. Still feel awful for Goatniac.

This.  100% this.

There's nothing about a local server that would make it more complicated to manage than the current set up. 

Why was it so easy on earlier consoles compared to this one?

Sureeeee, lol. What about keeping it updated to current XBL code? And you'll have to point the consoles to this server instead of official ones. What about handling of gamertags? I'd assume they wouldn't be able to login with your actual gamertag unless you are syncing the local server with XBL. What do small orgs do that want to run tournaments (ie. not ESL)? Forgive me as I'm not fully up to date on Halo 5, but doesn't it rely on Azure servers for more then simple "pings"? Because I'd imagine that is going to require a fair bit more complexity.

You work in IT support at 343 right? As one professional to another (my background is C.E. Degree and I've worked in the tech industry for many years ranging from software development, embedded systems/FPGA design, network engineering, system administration, database design/admin, and so on) it is a stupid idea that will result in nothing but problems. But by all means, give it a try, we have all been super impressed with the work done so far.

Or, you know, just enable regular LAN support. We all know MS can do it with very little effort (they won't though for other reasons).

PS: Thinking more about it, your statement is completely false. The simple fact you have another moving part makes it more complex (fyi, I said COMPLEX not complicated). To even assert that it wouldn't be any more complex/complicated is a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 1