CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Looks like the same glitch as in Halo 4 where when you got stuck, you could use thrusters to clip into a wall, and with proper timing, there was a chance to make the explosion happen on the other side of the wall, leaving you unarmed.

He stuck the dude in the foot, so he might have made it clip with the short wall or floor (on accident of course).

Shame that it happened at a time like this though.

Never knew that about Halo 4. I know you do it in Halo CE if you are stuck in the front and melee through the wall.

i was talking to a friend about this what if they sold like an eSports xbox that had less hard drive space and had lan it could also be cheaper what do you guys think?

I'd love LAN support, but that seems like an awful money grab. LAN isn't a feature worth selling a separate console for, it's a feature that should have been standard. The x1s need signifcantly more HD space in my opinion considering I barely use mine and it's already half way full.

I don't watch much HCS, but when I do, there's a DC.  :kappa:

Wow I was almost getting into it for a sec, I'm glad that intermission happened! Shout out to "LAN" lag outs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i was talking to a friend about this what if they sold like an eSports xbox that had less hard drive space and had lan it could also be cheaper what do you guys think?

LAN support isn't hardware dependent, meaning it could be added to our current XBONE's through an update, so that idea is meh.

I didn't realize it was related to hardware? Although I probably don't have a bloody clue what I'm talking about, it's probably software related changes that need to be made:

Offline profiles

Remove the 'ping' from Xbox LIVE required for LAN to work

The only reason it requires a ping to Xbox LIVE now is because of the 'always online' crap they were aiming for in 2013 which was removed on a software level with the day one patch.

You may be right, but that makes me wonder why they have never commented on it. Silence or ambiguity on a topic tends to mean that the audience will not like the answer, as we have learned from 343...

I was also just reminded that Halo desperately needs a pause function on LAN (lol). Restarting games is so confusing and embarrassing. Maybe if we ask desperately we will get a pause feature by Halo 7.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You may be right, but that makes me wonder why they have never commented on it. Silence or ambiguity on a topic tends to mean that the audience will not like the answer, as we have learned from 343...

I was also just reminded that Halo desperately needs a pause function on LAN (lol). Restarting games is so confusing and embarrassing. Maybe if we ask desperately we will get a pause feature by Halo 7.

It's pretty much like everything else that requires a software update, it needs to be popular on the Xbox Uservoice website: https://xbox.uservoice.com/

You want LAN support? Get it voted high on there and it'll become a priority.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I haven't watched the last two tournaments because of this. However, I do like seeing the bracket. Any mods know if there will be a bracket?

It's pretty much like everything else that requires a software update, it needs to be popular on the Xbox Uservoice website: https://xbox.uservoice.com/

You want LAN support? Get it voted high on there and it'll become a priority.

Something makes me think that they'll have LAN support ready for Halo 5's release, or shortly after it.

Something makes me think that they'll have LAN support ready for Halo 5's release, or shortly after it.

Halo 5 doesn't support LAN, period. 

Oh, right, it got a Client-Server model, so nevermind then. I hope they can have a LAN server for Halo 5, then, and remove the XBL ping requirement. Not that I will watch Halo 5, because it bores me, but if they don't have LAN servers, then XBL will screw shit up(along with if they don't have a client on a PC for the spectator mode, it will be a straight pain for casters), then they fail to meet my eSports expectations.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I swear EG gets the most beneficial disconnects in the world. Yea I'm salty

Are you serious? We have had to beat Denial in 4 games the last two tournaments due to disconnects. If anything, we have been extremely unfortunate. We just win the replays most of the time

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's interesting because the news about Halo 5 LAN features "trickled" out. So people talk about "no co-op split screen" and "no split screen multiplayer" and so on, but the real truth is LOCAL MULTIPLAYER (ie. LAN) has been completely axed. I don't see how that is good for any gamer.

On topic, upset to see CLG lose, hope they make it through LB.

Now is the time.

Halo 3 BR spread?

• Upvote (+1) 1

LAN support isn't hardware dependent, meaning it could be added to our current XBONE's through an update, so that idea is meh.

proper lan support needs to be a thing by hcs season 3

Halo 3 BR spread?

Looked a bit ambiguous with the Heinz tank rolling in late.

EDIT; CS on MLG.tv and shitty connection on Xbox LAN... what a strange world.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Randa has to take the label off his apple juice? lmao

• Upvote (+1) 3