CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

WHO'S EXCITED FOR THIS WEEKEND?! I AM!!! (Seriously)

What's going on this weekend?

• Upvote (+1) 1

My quick prediction. Sorry for anything misspelled, trying to type on the worst Samsung tab.

1st. EG

2nd. C9

3rd. Denial

4th. CLG

5th. WFX

6th. Optic

7th. TL

8th. eX

• Upvote (+1) 1

When did ESPN start caring about "e-sports?" It seems like I died in 99' and woke up in a fantasy land where ESPN reports on e-sports and Doom is no longer poisoning the minds of our children.

TBH...I kind of liked the niche sub-culture competitive gaming originated from better in some ways. Its kind of like being a hardcore fan of early Metallica and being all "FUCK THE ESTABLISHMENT" and growing up in the golden age of heavy metal and then when they blew up and became "mainstream" and started releasing shitty watered down mainstream crap, all of a sudden you're "brotastic" next door neighbor who listens to Linkin Park is walking around in Metallica gear and treating it like its the best thing ever.Then he sees you wearing you're old-school "Ride the Lightning" Metallica shirt (which he doesn't even know jack shit about) and comes up and asks, "Hey bro, do you like the new Metallica album?" And in your head you're thinking "NO I HATE THAT GARBAGE!" and just biting your tongue like, "This douchebag doesn't even know what REAL Metallica is and NOW he cares?". Knowwhatimean? Or maybe im just a hopeless hipster...

Wait are we still talking about Halo?

Got a feeling Optic are gonna do well

1. EG

2. Denial

3. Optic

4. CLG 

5. Winterfox

6. C9

7. Liquid

8. Excellence 

HCS Events = HCS Thread

IMO a seperate thread draws more attention to the torny (not that it'd affect viewership, just visitors, that's all). They were successful the previous events imo. It's helpful cause the OP has the Twitch link, times, etc.

@@ZipCity117 and I are all about the CLG train. Choo-choo motherfuckers!

Only if they're playing EG  :bravo: . Probably my third-favorite team, behind Denial & WFX. Really like 2gre & Snakebite. I give Royal 2 too much shit - he's also pretty good  ;)

Sort of worried for WFX. They haven't grinded really hard, and Optic has just had a practice LAN. And if they lose to them, they'll eventually have to face CLG or a practiced C9. But I still see them getting 4th at worst. People are underestimating WFX out of spite/hate. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm gonna miss all the good parts of day two and three for work.

:grunt:

I'm gonna miss day 1 and 2 for work :(

I expect a EG/CLG/Denial top 3. I really want an EG vs CLG finals, with CLG taking it in the second series of the grand finals. I just feel like it's "right" for Ogre 2 to win the Halo 2 Anniversary Finals haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

what time does the hcs stream start today???

11AM PDT

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd love to see 2gre, heinz, naded or ola win.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd love to see 2gre, heinz, naded or ola win.

That'd also be an awesome obj. team. 

Does anyone know what order they typically play the matches in? I know 1v8 is always first, but does it descend (1,2,3,4) or alternate in some way?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn, I miss the interactive brackets from the MLG days.

Optic to place higher than everyone predicts. c9 to take CLG in WB.