CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So I'm only an EG fan because they're the only team that can beat Ogre2, despite the fact that I've been a Roybox fan since before they'd ever won an event? K.

Both of those things aren't what I said, did you even read anything?

Cloud 9 top 4 :).

• Upvote (+1) 2

ahawowow's been a vociferous og2 hater and forum fool since at least 09 on the old mlg forums. such a bad poster in those days that I explicitly remember him from that time. he's cleaned up his act these days, but it seems that hes remained a vocal hater.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Even Jordan, Gretzky, Tiger Woods (Prime), Serena, Messi/Ronaldo have/had critics, and people who enjoyed seeing them lose. Nobody is universally loved by all.

It seems to me that ahawowow likes RoyBox more, and see's them as the best right now, and would like to see them become the best of all time. For that to happen Ogre 2 has to fall. So it kind of makes sense that he'd want to see Ogre 2 lose. Is that such a horrendous thing to say? It's not like he (presumably) has any personal distaste towards Ogre 2, but more realizes that in order for RoyBox to supplant him as GOAT(s) then Ogre 2 would necessarily have to shit in his cheerios for a while.

Edit: I suppose I should point out that I don't share ahawowow's viewpoint, but I can understand it and am just trying to articulate it.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who cares whether someone likes someone else or not? As long as you respect what the person has done, then that is all that should matter.

Ogre 2 is (and deserves) respected by everyone for his career wins. Whether you like the guy or not is another story and an opinion, not a matter of fact like his career wins. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Alright guys, you've figured me out. I'm a pathological Ogre2 hater with deep rooted psychological fury towards the man. I wish nothing but misery and failure on him, because he teabagged me in matchmaking in Halo 3 once.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It seems to me that ahawowow likes RoyBox more, and see's them as the best right now, and would like to see them become the best of all time. For that to happen Ogre 2 has to fall. So it kind of makes sense that he'd want to see Ogre 2 lose. Is that such a horrendous thing to say? It's not like he (presumably) has any personal distaste towards Ogre 2, but more realizes that in order for RoyBox to supplant him as GOAT(s) then Ogre 2 would necessarily have to shit in his cheerios for a while.

More or less. I don't see Roybox ever usurping the title of GOAT, but if 2gre goes winless from here on out and Roybox's dynasty continues up until around Halo 6, there's a conversation.

More or less. I don't see Roybox ever usurping the title of GOAT, but if 2gre goes winless from here on out and Roybox's dynasty continues up until around Halo 6, there's a conversation.

If RoyBox splits up and continue to be successful then you can talk. A lot of 2gres success has come withour 1gre.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

A lot of 2gres success has come withour 1gre.

285.gif

He's HAD a lot of success without his brother but it would've never happened without him. #Teamwork

• Upvote (+1) 4

This doesn't make sense to me 

Obviously, being twins/siblings is an unfair advantage.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Alright guys, you've figured me out. I'm a pathological Ogre2 hater with deep rooted psychological fury towards the man. I wish nothing but misery and failure on him, because he teabagged me in matchmaking in Halo 3 once.

I always knew you secretly had it out for him, Jarrett  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This doesn't make sense to me 

Why not? Everyone knows that the Ogres together were amazing. Just pointing out that 2gre has remained successful as a solo act, showing he is one of the most skilled players and most deserving of his placements on top teams. I'm not questioning the skill of RoyBox, since they are very clearly among the best. 

I'm not questioning the skill of RoyBox, since they are very clearly among the best. 

This doesn't make sense to me. 

They're S1 Champions and on a long and very hot hot streak. They are the best  :lxthul:

If you're talking EVER? Well, they have probably the MOST consistent placings since Charlotte of any other professional players. 

jk, im trolling at this point

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even Jordan, Gretzky, Tiger Woods (Prime), Serena, Messi/Ronaldo have/had critics, and people who enjoyed seeing them lose. Nobody is universally loved by all.

It may not be 100% loved by all, but I bet that StrongSide is probably pushing it. Too much to like about that guy.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It may not be 100% loved by all, but I bet that StrongSide is probably pushing it. Too much to like about that guy.

My friends response whenever I say Strongside is FUCK that guy. He hates him cause he claims he met him in matchmaking in h4 and he had guys feeding him kills to win that truck. So there is at least one lol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

My friends response whenever I say Strongside is FUCK that guy. He hates him cause he claims he met him in matchmaking in h4 and he had guys feeding him kills to win that truck. So there is at least one lol

Your friend isn't wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The quality will be better, JUST uploaded it. Hope you guys like it, I know I have some work to do on these, but thought I'd attempt. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Your friend isn't wrong.

I don't mind if he did that. That competition was made for people to cheat and Strongside deserves a prize like that anyway, I'd rather Strongside cheat and get 1st place than someone else cheat and get 1st place, that's all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't mind if he did that. That competition was made for people to cheat and Strongside deserves a prize like that anyway, I'd rather Strongside cheat and get 1st place than someone else cheat and get 1st place, that's all.

How I always looked at it. The way the tournament/competition was set up was just ridiculous. 343 in their infancy and not to mention VIRGIN GAMING.  :wutface:

$1.6 million for BF3? Heh.

• Upvote (+1) 1