CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

is this the last event ever for MCC

Finals is at the end of July in California. That is the conclusion of season 2 and it is confirmed season 3 will not feature MCC, but Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would disagree with that. Their shrine objective work is incredible. Its easy to outslay and lose on warlord. all EG had to do was continuously touch the flag, No easy task, but its EG...

I agree with that mostly. On shrine, they know how to play. They just make little mistakes during the weekend. What I'm saying is that they could be a lot more efficient. Their warlord CTF vs Denial/Optic? was icnredible.

Before they move to H5 they should do a throwback to H1, H2C or H3. Id love to see just one more tourney in one of these games. Would be a nice send off for MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Before they move to H5 they should do a throwback to H1, H2C or H3. Id love to see just one more tourney in one of these games. Would be a nice send off for MCC.

Yeah you're not the only one who would love to see that. I wouldn't mind which game they chose, I'd just love to see some classic Halo one more time before we dive into H5. 

So I'm trying to update the VoD page and realize that Halo's VoD is almost as bad as the mid 2000's. How is that even possible in 2015? Why is there really no VoD for these tournaments besides Twitch rebroadcast that can be gone at anytime.

Updated the best I could - http://teambeyond.net/vod/

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I'm trying to update the VoD page and realize that Halo's VoD is almost as bad as the mid 2000's. How is that even possible in 2015? Why is there really no VoD for these tournaments besides Twitch rebroadcast that can be gone at anytime.

Updated the best I could - http://teambeyond.net/vod/

At one point every single TV had a capture card rolling for each round in pro bracket for every  tournament. That lasted about one or two years and MLG said fuck it, lol. That was incredible though because there was a gold mine of information for people who wanted to learn the game. 

At one point every single TV had a capture card rolling for each round in pro bracket for every  tournament. That lasted about one or two years and MLG said fuck it, lol. That was incredible though because there was a gold mine of information for people who wanted to learn the game.

I'm talking straight tournaments rebroadcast VoD, but yea during the Halo 3-Reach days the VoD was pretty insane.

I'm talking straight tournaments rebroadcast VoD, but yea during the Halo 3-Reach days the VoD was pretty insane.

It was, but not compared to 2006 and 2007 Halo 2 days. Holy shit, Lenox and Synide (sp?) were BEASTS. I'm sure they even had your gameplay on there playing for top 16, lol. It was that good.

Finals is at the end of July in California. That is the conclusion of season 2 and it is confirmed season 3 will not feature MCC, but Halo 5.

Where was this confirmed?

Halo Channel was supposed to have a small spectator mode for people to broadcast online cups. However, that shit didnt happen.

Hopefully, with specmode in H5, we're able to make our own rebroadcasts of the Online Cups.

Halo Channel was supposed to have a small spectator mode for people to broadcast online cups. However, that shit didnt happen.

Hopefully, with specmode in H5, we're able to make our own rebroadcasts of the Online Cups.

Yes! This is something myself and others have talked about doing for H5. The big selling point for H5 esports is being able to showcase online cup matches/scrims regularly to build storylines going in to LAN events. Having commentators consistently casting online matches/cups on a regular basis not only gives an insight into the players & teams playing, but allows people to follow certain teams and have 'favorite players'. Not only that, it also allows commentators to build a reputation & a mini fanbase themselves, providing a way to break into the scene. It's a win win for everyone involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still think there is waaaay too much down time from S2F to H5.

There always has been way too much.  :(

But then again...that leaves it open for teams to come out of nowhere for the season opener! Think of 5K at Charlotte 2007, eX at New York 2006, TC at Meadows 2008 or Heaven and Earth/High Society at Meadows 2009. A long off season can help them to stay together longer, ultimately making it easier to break through to the top. It always has and always will be about the strength of the team and that comes with TIME.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Halo Channel would be a lot better if the streams section showed anyone streaming under Halo 5/MCC instead of only people using the Xbox On's broadcast feature.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still think there is waaaay too much down time from S2F to H5.

There is Pax Prime and GamesCon event before H5. There will be several prelaunch events for H5 as there was for MCC. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where was this confirmed?

Tashi tweeted a reply to someone as well saying that S3 would be H5, I don't have it on me though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tashi tweeted a reply to someone as well saying that S3 would be H5, I don't have it on me though.

That was Che

• Upvote (+1) 5

Casters need better mics, too much time without gameplay, and needs to start on time for once. Otherwise the tournaments have been run very well.

Absolutely! I didn't mean to come off as a creep or anything posting a family photo of you on the forum, But since you tweeted it out i thought it would be fine. As someone who lost their father and doesnt have a child i hope you realize how lucky you are and how meaningful these kinda pictures are. I would do anything to have a picture like that, But sadly that is impossible for me.

Have fun on your vacation can't wait for you to get back and start scrimmin and grinding for S2F.

I'm sorry for your loss. I feel the same way though for real. My fathers health is declining rapidly and I'm not going to have a family anytime soon so that picture is very very special. You a lucky man @@Naded

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't like 2gre huh?

Did I say that?

I'm just an EG fan who loves seeing them beat the supposed best player in the world at every event. I don't dislike Ogre 2.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 9