Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Casting combos that should be used at finals

Bravo + Walshy

Bravo + Strongside

Goldenboy + Walshy

Goldenboy + Strongside

Simms + literally anyone

• Upvote (+1) 4

Am I the only one who really doesn't like Side as a caster at all? Bravo has his moments but Side is just boring to me.

Simms and Walshy literally are a great casting duo.

Also, we need some more caster cams and their reaction to crazy plays, or dumb plays. Those reactions are priceless.

Am I the only one who really doesn't like Side as a caster at all? Bravo has his moments but Side is just boring to me.

I found Side pretty funny, but with a dry twist. His comments on rockets were hilarious. But he definitely needs to be paired with an energetic caster like Goldenboy, Bravo, or Simms. I didn't find Walshy + Side at the same time enjoyable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If that's Simms reaction to an overkill exterm, I want to see what he'd do for a killtac. Probably rip off his shirt and dive into the crowd, while continuing to commentate.

• Upvote (+1) 9

If that's Simms reaction to an overkill exterm, I want to see what he'd do for a killtac. Probably rip off his shirt and dive into the crowd, while continuing to commentate.

First pro to get a killtac and makes Simms do this - I'll send you 50 bucks PayPal.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does anybody else think T2 should give commentating a shot? I know he probably wouldn't  be interested but with his knowledge of the game he seems like he would be great at it. I believe he called a match at one of the events in S1 if im not mistaken.

I love Strongside, I think he's a great caster - bravo is really annoying

As long as side is paired with goldenboy or simms he's good, but when you put Bravo with one of them he just cuts them up and ruins the flow

Does anybody else think T2 should give commentating a shot? I know he probably wouldn't  be interested but with his knowledge of the game he seems like he would be great at it. I believe he called a match at one of the events in S1 if im not mistaken.

Yeah he seems like he'd be a natural caster. I just wonder if he'd even be interested.

This isn't a knock to any other teams nor to eg, it's incredible that they've won almost everything up to now but it's not the most entertaining thing for every viewer.

It is if you're an EG fan who loves seeing them beat Ogre2 every single event.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like Strongside was just so good as a player, he sees bad plays and just thinks wtf are they doing

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel like Strongside was just so good as a player, he sees bad plays and just thinks wtf are they doing

Yeah his knowledge of what to do in a situation is amazing. Walshy's got great insight as well but I remember going back and watching a bunch of the 07 rebroadcasts and found Walshy to make a lot of unorthodox plays that ended up getting punished. There's probably a lot more behind the scenes or going on that I didn't realize but regardless it was easy to watch his gameplay and say "oh man why did he challenge and lose that? Where as with strongside I'm often wondering how he's doing that lol.

I'm biased though, I consider SS to be the best H2 player in 2007.

I thoroughly enjoyed this tournament, I felt as though all the teams were finally at their peak with and it's a shame there isn't going to be a season 3 for H2A.

It's going to be interesting seeing the new learning curve for competitive players and watching to see how the pro teams shape up in Halo 5 next time around. Will Denial, CLG & EG still be at the top of their game? Can't wait to find out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This point was brought up a lot after he casted that one game, doesn't look like he's interested, if he was we'd probably have got him in the casting booth already. I'm pretty sure he's completely done with Halo now.

Yeah gotta say that exterm made me loose my shit and pretty much finished off my voice.

Who the hell gets an exterm with a sentinel beam of all things in a do or die grand finals situation. Second time I've been to the states and second time Royal2 has been one of the most entertaining and disgusting players to watch

Edit - Just want to add again my thanks for the support this forum gives me. You guys are the best and this really is the home of competitive Halo! I've also converted @@StrongSide into a beyonder! Make sure to give him a welcome :) I thought Mike was a TANK this week, well done mate!

Mate, it looked like you jizzed everywhere. Classic commentating!

Someone should make a Simms montage.

It is if you're an EG fan who loves seeing them beat Ogre2 every single event.

Don't like 2gre huh?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So with PGL Indy behind us and ESL Burbank ahead, when do we find out more info on the finals?  Prize pool breakdown? Spectator access? Etc?

Would be nice to see all these things now so fans can help generate hype for the event and so pros can start grinding for that big payout and eternal h2a glory.