CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I like both teams so here is my unbiased opinion.

The rules thanks to Cloud:

191bfe41d700daefc1e3e9cf0e846c36.png

The gameplay video thanks to Ninja:

Now in my mind a large red flag is that the rule mentioned says "when tied". So to me there are no extra rules and at 15 minutes whether the bomb is armed or not (it could be a half second from exploding) the game is over and Liquid loses. The reason I believe this is a typo is because the sentence contradicts itself. "In Assault, if the game is currently tied, the game will only continue if the bomb is actively being armed by the losing team once the timer reaches 15 minutes." How can the game be tied if there is a losing team? So to me there are a lot of issues with the wording and some missing rules. There is also some discrepancy over what "actively arming" means. Actively arming means if the player is in the circle, holding the bomb, planting the bomb. The progress bar should be up on their screen as that is the arming process. The bomb doesn't arm itself, so actively being armed means you have to actually be arming the bomb. It sitting in the circle is not arming the bomb. The bomb is an inanimate object anyway, it can't arm itself, it needs a player.

Just my thoughts from an unbiased perspective as I am huge fans of both teams/organizations (GO APHROMOO).

edit Chig hit the nail on the head.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Was watching GOT, but this news cheered me up! LEGGO WFX!! 

Fuck the h8ers, coughcougheveryoneonbeyondcough coughcough :lxthul: cough

:weback:

I'd say act like a fan that's been here before, but you haven't so I'll let you have your sunday night party 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The way I read the rule and use common sense regarding the gametype, "actively arming" can only mean when someone is holding the bomb in the circle and it's actively counting the time (key word here being "active").

As for other "interpretations":

It can't just be letting the bomb sit in the circle, because would you argue that it's being armed if you've just tossed it up, but no one has even started to arm it? That doesn't make sense.

It can't mean "has progress to an arm," because you can throw bomb out (or even all the way across the map on Warlord) before it stops being partially armed, so that doesn't make sense.

Obviously it can't be "returned" like in a flag game (aside from throwing it out of the map or letting the timer run all the way down), so there's no clear "end" to a bomb run. Maybe making up some kind of bomb "possession" ruling, where the defensive team touching the bomb ends the "run" (aside from being overly complicated), could work, but the rule says nothing about that. It seems like the rule is only trying to specify that if single guy is planting the bomb, starting before time runs out but finishing (on his own, in one continuous arm) after the game would end, it should count. Honestly, they might as well just toss that rule and say bomb and rule based on detonations. It would be way easier.

Maybe the rule isn't terribly clear, but I don't really see another interpretation that makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Random, but what happened to Legit? Ive been out of the loop...

Edit: Is UNLEGIT, Brian Legit?

He played with Str8 Rippin last year (T2 Naded Str8Sick and him) They broke up after S1 and he just didnt keep playing.

No.

from the scrims and gameplay I have seen I think pros usually follow Team Liquid's interpretation of the rules.

I'm only gonna say one thing about the arming thing. To me, mainly because the rule was written with the fact that its common knowledge that it can take more than 1 player to complete an arm, it should count if you start the process of arming the bomb before overtime and complete it without the bomb being touched and moved by outside of the circle by the defending team. The writing is unclear any way you look at it so how can you not side with what we had all understood the rule to be?

• Upvote (+1) 7

The writing is unclear any way you look at it so how can you not side with what we had all understood the rule to be?

That's a fair point, but there are way more leaps in logic getting from the written rules to what most of the players were assuming the rule was than there are getting from the written rules to the ruling made. The whole point of writing rules out is to eliminate the part where anything like the "common knowledge that it can take more than 1 player to complete an arm" needs to be considered. Maybe the rule is stupid, but if they wanted to include any of the other factors (bomb in circle, bomb has any time on it, etc.) they could have easily written them in.

I'd say act like a fan that's been here before, but you haven't so I'll let you have your sunday night party 

Cup 1?  :lxthul:

As it's written, you literally can't fairly render a judgment either way. It depends upon how you define "active." In my mind, if someone brought the bomb into the circle before 14:59 and began arming it, the bomb arm is active. The bomb should need to be removed from the circle to reverse the progression of the bomb arm.The only fair comparison you can make is if a flag goes out before OT, it needs to be returned before the game can be ended. But if you view "active" as "physically being armed all the way through," then you can go in the other direction. 

Obviously, the rule needs to be redrafted and specifications need to be made, but for as long as I can remember (back to MLG's H2 classic bomb games), teams have generally had to remove the bomb from the circle in this scenario before the game could be ended.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a question about the arming the bomb situation...

It says in the rules that you have to be "actively" arming the bomb. So that means if there were to be a guy 1shot running up rock ramp, you wouldnt be able to drop the bomb and kill him?

What about if you are arming the bomb on the very edge of the arming zone and someone nades you and the explosion from the grenade pushes you out of the arming zone for just a split second?

Would these reasons justify ending the game? Honestly just curious.  

I have a question about the arming the bomb situation...

It says in the rules that you have to be "actively" arming the bomb. So that means if there were to be a guy 1shot running up rock ramp, you wouldnt be able to drop the bomb and kill him?

What about if you are arming the bomb on the very edge of the arming zone and someone nades you and the explosion from the grenade pushes you out of the arming zone for just a split second?

Would these reasons justify ending the game? Honestly just curious.  

By the ruling they made, then no, you could not drop the bomb to finish the kill; and being pushed out of the circle, however briefly, would also end the game (though I think this argument has more merit).

By the ruling they made, then no, you could not drop the bomb to finish the kill; and being pushed out of the circle, however briefly, would also end the game (though I think this argument has more merit).

I don't agree with that rule then. I think the bomb should be treated the same way flag is. 

If you are winning and the bomb is out, you need to be slaying them and keeping them from getting touches on the bomb. Once the bomb resets, then it would be game over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't agree with that rule then. I think the bomb should be treated the same way flag is. 

If you are winning and the bomb is out, you need to be slaying them and keeping them from getting touches on the bomb. Once the bomb resets, then it would be game over.

The problem with that is bomb can't be "returned" like flag (aside from throwing it out on Shrine); how often does the bomb reset on Warlord without someone eventually getting a plant?

The problem with that is bomb can't be "returned" like flag (aside from throwing it out on Shrine); how often does the bomb reset on Warlord without someone eventually getting a plant?

I thought the bomb had a 10 second return time. Could be wrong.

EDIT: I just checked in a custom game. Unless i had the wrong settings on, it said the bomb resets at 30 seconds after not being touched again.

What would you guys think about the rule maybe should be changed to the game doesnt end until the bomb manually resets after regulation regardless of the score (unless its tied then of course the game would continue). I mean if you are down 2-0 with no time left on the clock, even if you arm it its game over because the bomb would reset after it blows up and it will only be 2-1. But it TL's case, it meant they would have tied the game and the game would have played out until the next arm was planted. I think that would be fair to both teams.

Maybe changed the bomb reset time to 15 seconds instead of 30

It should be if the bomb has been touched by the other team and defused or just touched and brought outside of the circle

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man, these cups make me not want to watch Halo.

So many teams having to forfeit because of DDos.

Rules are shit.

Trash talk is below average.

I need some H5 in my life at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

regardless of all the rule chat, nothing makes me happier than ninja beating mikwen. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

regardless of all the rule chat, nothing makes me happier than ninja beating mikwen. 

Str8 returning?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Boy, we sure could use that milk emote right about now, lol. jk jk

So from what I can weed out of the drama - Liquid upset Denial? Are there anymore big upsets worth noting? AM teams placing well? EG not winning?

Boy, we sure could use that milk emote right about now, lol. jk jk

So from what I can weed out of the drama - Liquid upset Denial? Are there anymore big upsets worth noting? AM teams placing well? EG not winning?

Winterfox beat EG in the finals 3-2 (very close game 5 that was largely determined by some questionable Lockdown spawns), no AM teams made it out of first round, CLG vs TL in consolation was super controversial with CLG winning 3-1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rules are very unclear. I think if a team has the ball in the circle (Before 15:00), regardless if someone is holding it or not they are actively trying to arm it. The opposing team only need to throw it out of the circle for the match to end. Or for it to reset etc.