CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

TL beat Annex 3-0. Denial just lost game 3 to eX. 

TL is getting lucky this cup it seems, but they have been stuck playing EG or Denial in Quarters every other cup and have not really had a chance to play teams in the 3-6 range.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Apparently if Denial wants to play with Elumnite, they need to restart series against eX. :/

So, Noble forfeited against EG.

So Snip3down and Toweyy are currently playing the Halo 3 playlist, in which Snip3down is getting trip after trip after trip, pretty insane gameplay from him atm.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently if Denial wants to play with Elumnite, they need to restart series against eX. :/

Makes sense. 

Makes sense. 

If they lose to eX, and TL beats Ex, they're guaranteed 2nd, which puts them at 6th place, passing Optic who would be 7. 

If I were Denial, the 2nd seed, I'd rather play Optic as my first top 8 match, instead of Team Liquid.

Also, APG fucked up with his IP address.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want Liquid to pass Optic, because I think they are better than Optic. I just don't see them beating Denial with or without APG. The 7th seed really puts them in a bad spot though, because they always have to play a top 2 team in the quarters of these cups while a team like Optic has a much better shot at plcing higher. Basically Optic gets to pad their point lead while Liquid is continuously losing ground because they have to play one of the two team who everyone knows is better than everyone else. I know that to be the best you have to beat the best but if you are a better team than teams seeded higher than you, and you cant do anything about it, it kind of sucks. Luckily LAN has double elim, so that problem is nullified, but. Liquid could theoretically be a top 3 team and we would never know.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want Liquid to pass Optic, because I think they are better than Optic. I just don't see them beating Denial with or without APG. The 7th seed really puts them in a bad spot though, because they always have to play a top 2 team in the quarters of these cups while a team like Optic has a much better shot at plcing higher. Basically Optic gets to pad their point lead while Liquid is continuously losing ground because they have to play one of the two team who everyone knows is better than everyone else. I know that to be the best you have to beat the best but if you are a better team than teams seeded higher than you, and you cant do anything about it, it kind of sucks. Luckily LAN has double elim, so that problem is nullified, but. Liquid could theoretically be a top 3 team and we would never know.

Yeah, I would support double elimination online, but with all of these problems it isn't worth it.

Wait, Denial and eX are restarting from 0-0? Even though eX were up 2-0? How does that make sense? Feel like I'm missing something.

We'd be here all week finishing one series.

one map a day?  :kappa:

Wait, Denial and eX are restarting from 0-0? Even though eX were up 2-0? How does that make sense? Feel like I'm missing something.

Denial is up 2-0, not eX. Series is back 2-1 

No, we were up 2-0, winning game 3 by 100 seconds. APG got hit, we were going to use Elumnite, since he's our sub, but if we want to do that we have to do a full restart and that's up to eX. We can keep trying with eX with APG at a 2-1 series.

No, we were up 2-0, winning game 3 by 100 seconds. APG got hit, we were going to use Elumnite, since he's our sub, but if we want to do that we have to do a full restart and that's up to eX. We can keep trying with eX with APG at a 2-1 series.

Gotcha, thanks. Everyone in twitch chat was saying it was eX that was up for some reason.

i hate this so much.

we cant get a single good weekend of halo.

between DDOS and MCC issues...........................

I know this will not be popular, but here is a solution.

Do not stream on the days of the cups, and appear offline. Yeah it is lame, but if nobody streams then its honestly a big let down for the person launching the attacks, because they cant see or hear a live reaction of nerd rage when they boot someone out of a game. They would blindly be typing in an IP and hoping for the best.

Honestly, if everyone quit streaming and it was still occurring in certain games, i would be suspicious of a player thats actually competing and not some outside person / people. 

Overall it seems to be a wack situation, with really little you can do to prevent it. Home connections are certified garbage when it comes to withstanding even a small DDOS.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do not stream on the days of the cups, and appear offline. Yeah it is lame, but if nobody streams then its honestly a big let down for the person launching the attacks, because they cant see or hear a live reaction of nerd rage when they boot someone out of a game. They would blindly be typing in an IP and hoping for the best.

Honestly, if everyone quit streaming and it was still occurring in certain games, i would be suspicious of a player thats actually competing and not some outside person / people.

Problem with that is that streaming is literally some people's jobs.

Ninja gets up to 1000 views on cup sundays, if he didn't stream he'd lose out on all of that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overall it seems to be a wack situation, with really little you can do to prevent it. Home connections are certified garbage when it comes to withstanding even a small DDOS.

What's the point of HCS without entertaining the viewers? We would only be able to watch Indy and the finals for the next 2 months. I get that it'd be better for solving the DDoS issues, but I think it wouldn't be worth it for a variety of reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Problem with that is that streaming is literally some people's jobs.

Ninja gets up to 1000 views on cup sundays, if he didn't stream he'd lose out on all of that.

I get that, but if you are going to be hit offline all day anyways what is the point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get that, but if you are going to be hit offline all day anyways what is the point?

People need to learn to properly protect themselves and just be careful.

Since he got himself protected Ninja hasn't been hit once.

What's the point of HCS without entertaining the viewers? We would only be able to watch Indy and the finals for the next 2 months. I get that it'd be better for solving the DDoS issues, but I think it wouldn't be worth it for a variety of reasons.

The HCS is not all about viewership, that is a short sided way of looking at things. Viewership is important, but it is not everything.  Do you think 343 cares more about a pro getting 1,000 views, or their tournament operations being executed efficiently, while providing stable prizing and an environment to actually make a living off of the HCS?

Realistically it is a few days out of the month, I highly doubt that would be a deal breaker for the 1 maybe 2 people in the Halo community who stream full time as their job.

The current HCS format puts too much stock into online play in my opinion, without enough emphasis on multiple LAN events. Hopefully we can see this change for Halo 5, which I am confident it will.  Online play will always be a factor, and players need to take the necessary steps to protect themselves. Clueless players will sadly suffer if they do not take the time and effort to mask their iP address. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Team Liquid takes game 1 against Denial; Warlord CTF: 4 - 3.

TL were up 4 - 1 and it got seriously tense towards the end. Denial massively outslayed TL as well, Mikwen dropped a 52 bomb.

Mikwen with 56 kills.... just what...

Oh, was it 56? I thought it was 52.

Edit: Haha, alright I'll leave it as 52. I know he went +26

• Upvote (+1) 1