CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sometimes when I'm sipping on some straight Jack, and watching Reality Check, I wonder what it must feel like for Septic to have left the best EU Halo team for...well Reality Check.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

They placed  top 8 three times, including their upset over Noble Black - the team that him and the "best EU team" at Nats. I think he made a smart decision.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They placed  top 8 three times, including their upset over Noble Black - the team that him and the "best EU team" at Nats. I think he made a smart decision.

Since he's been on RC, they haven't placed Top 8 yet

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Not really what the discussion was about. Leaving the team that lost against a certain team that the team you're leaving to has won against is a good move on paper. But since RC placed top 8, competition has gotten stiffer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be fair regardless of how RC performs it's a fantastic move for him if he wants to get himself picked up by a decent team in the future.

Though I dislike the sudds, RC provides a excellent stepping stone to better things.

To be fair regardless of how RC performs it's a fantastic move for him if he wants to get himself picked up by a decent team in the future.

Though I dislike the sudds, RC provides a excellent stepping stone to better things.

This, if you play well and smart, you will get noticed by others :)

Sometimes when I'm sipping on some straight Jack, and watching Reality Check, I wonder what it must feel like for Septic to have left the best EU Halo team for...well Reality Check.

He made a smart move, he had nothing to lose from going to America to play halo he might never get on a better team and end up with RC till he goes back to England, but if he stayed and kept playing in the EU he would never know what he would achieve in the U.S.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm out of the loop on the EU Halo scene, so can someone explain to me this potential major hit Septic is making in his Halo Career by coming to the US to play in the HCS LANs? A guy literally get's to leave his country to play a video game and you guys are saying he's better off staying home?

I'm out of the loop on the EU Halo scene, so can someone explain to me this potential major hit Septic is making in his Halo Career by coming to the US to play in the HCS LANs? A guy literally get's to leave his country to play a video game and you guys are saying he's better off staying home?

I made a statement, and people ran with it. :) I believe it was a smart move coming to the US for Septic, because he is by far the best player on Reality Check, which means at some point he will be noticed and have better opportunities.

I was simply talking about the difference in winning a vast majority of matches in Europe, and being Champions, to struggling to break top 8 and losing most matches. That is all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder what it must feel like for Septic to have left the best EU Halo team for...well Reality Check.

"The best EU Halo team" is below Reality Check.  I realize the Sudds are jokes, but don't be stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I made a statement, and people ran with it. :) I believe it was a smart move coming to the US for Septic, because he is by far the best player on Reality Check, which means at some point he will be noticed and have better opportunities.

I was simply talking about the difference in winning a vast majority of matches in Europe, and being Champions, to struggling to break top 8 and losing most matches. That is all.

I understand. I genuinely don't know what the EU scene entails. I remember it during Halo 3's rise/peak and even at that point it paled in comparison to the US scene. I guess this really comes down to Septic's mentality/competitive drive. Kinda a bad comparison but I think it's opposite to NBA players going overseas to play in "easier" leagues. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

"The best EU Halo team" is below Reality Check.  I realize the Sudds are jokes, but don't be stupid.

But you misunderstand my statement. I'm talking the mindset behind winning a lot and losing a lot. Simply that.

You don't think TCM could beat RC?

The problem with the EU is that you cant make a living out of eSport. Well you can, but its really really hard and its definitely impossible with Halo. eSport itself isnt really big or better said accepted in the EU compared to USA/Asia and you have to decide: conenctrate on the game to become good enough for the US or whatever, or concentrate on school/job. 
The European school/college/job system is quite different from the US one.

I understand. I genuinely don't know what the EU scene entails. I remember it during Halo 3's rise/peak and even at that point it paled in comparison to the US scene. I guess this really comes down to Septic's mentality/competitive drive. Kinda a bad comparison but I think it's opposite to NBA players going overseas to play in "easier" leagues. 

Yeah. It is well known that the US Halo scene is the best for many obvious reasons. Septic also knew that he would struggle more on a team like Reality Check having to face teams like EG, Denial, etc. I just wonder if the losing creeps into his head at all. I am sure it does, but then he just washes it down with a dose of "probably going to be on a much better team come H5" and everything is alright. Just a thought I had...

I think Septic has said that he's just here for the summer - starts college in September... there are worse summer vacations.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think Septic has said that he's just here for the summer - starts college in September... there are worse summer vacations.

Have you never watched the Sudd "Gaming House" videos.....the only think worse that I could thing of would be to spend the summer in a state penitentiary

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

IDK why people are so against what Septic did. He left a dying scene (if it was really thriving to begin with) to go play against the best of the best. What other team could he had gotten on that he could afford? With RC he has a free place to stay and he probably gets spending money. Additionally, they probably have the best setup out of any team in the HCS as far as getting to play next to each other all the time. I wish I had that with my team that is valuable experience that will carry directly over to LAN. Also, if you guys could name ONE person on any team above RC that would make sense to drop him for Septic I will commend you. Septic is good, but I dont see him getting a spot on a top 8 team any time soon. His best chances are with RC, because while you do have to team with the Sudds there are perks.

• Upvote (+1) 9