CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Asking questions to find out logical answers is not trolling.  Pretty much the exact opposite.

Too much defense?  So you are saying every CTF/Assault game would end up 0-0?  I really doubt that.  We see perfect setups with power weapons get broken all the time by teams rushing with BRs.

whelp im done, i tried.  hcs relic is clearly what hcs needs to succeed right now.  pce thread 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Asking questions to find out logical answers is not trolling.  Pretty much the exact opposite.

Too much defense?  So you are saying every CTF/Assault game would end up 0-0?  I really doubt that.  We see perfect setups with power weapons get broken all the time by teams rushing with BRs.

Not sure the arguments against it either. But the Halo community is afraid of change don't forget. Mostly because of all the bad changes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With HCS Remnant, half the time would just be pros trekking across the map, or getting spawnkilled. It's simply not built for 4v4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was this already made and just not released?

Since it was a Forge map it was probably full of frame rate issues, plus you can't go underwater so I have no idea what the bases are like - pretty sure they just made this to show off. 

Someone did forge a pretty much perfect remake of Beaver but it had a few frame rate bugs, even so it didn't receive enough hype, deserved more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since it was a Forge map it was probably full of frame rate issues, plus you can't go underwater so I have no idea what the bases are like - pretty sure they just made this to show off. 

Someone did forge a pretty much perfect remake of Beaver but it had a few frame rate bugs, even so it didn't receive enough hype, deserved more.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Xsjados/video/328987

This is such a great remake I wish 343 would allow it on the circuit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait are people seriously talking about using Remnant in HCS? Let's throw Bloodline in there too, I guess.

Wait are people seriously talking about using Remnant in HCS? Let's throw Bloodline in there too, I guess.

Yeah all the pro's like it. You didn't hear? I heard Chig, and Lethul were the first people to agree to test it and have it played in HCS along with Ricoshit, and 1 bomb.

:kappa:

"Hey, all our maps are experiencing frame rate issues with a cap of 30fps, should we be concerned and design our next game with this in mind?"

"Nah, XBox One is stronger, let's double the base frame rate and bump up the resolution, everything will work just fine with no hiccups I'm sure."

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Hey, all our maps are experiencing frame rate issues with a cap of 30fps, should we be concerned and design our next game with this in mind?"

"Nah, XBox One is stronger, let's double the base frame rate and bump up the resolution, everything will work just fine with no hiccups I'm sure."

Yeah all the pro's like it. You didn't hear? I heard Chig, and Lethul were the first people to agree to test it and have it played in HCS along with Ricoshit, and 1 bomb.

You need to realize 343 knows whats best for Halo eSports and just let it happen okay?

tumblr_mlsvkjMDBZ1r8g9vpo1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Denial vs CLG (Mikwen host all games)

Game 1: Warlord Flag - Denial won 3-2 (Scores: Denial at 26:49; CLG at 24:47; Denial at 22:41, 20:58; CLG at 19:44)

OovjFwt.png

Game 2: Lockdown Slayer - Denial won 50-30 (Denial biggest lead: 20 [48-28, 50-30], CLG biggest lead: 3 [5-2])

DLHiFmq.png

Game 3: Warlord Hill - Denial won 179-84 (Denial biggest lead: 96 [142-46], CLG biggest lead: 12 [16-4])

D7vIGzg.png

Game 4: Shrine Bomb - Denial won 3-2 (Scores: Denial at 26:23, 25:01; CLG at 21:41, 18:28; Denial at 17:37)

DEhH0ID.png

Game 5: Warlord Slayer - Denial won 50-34 (Denial biggest lead: 8 [49-33, 50-34], CLG biggest lead: 1 [12-11])

uBkg7nW.png

Game 6: Lockdown Ball - Denial won 200-166 (Denial biggest lead: 100 [119-19], CLG biggest lead: Never led, but did close it to less than a 10 second deficit with under a minute left)

mfZUJLa.png

Game 7: Shrine Flag - Denial won 3-1 (Scores: CLG at 27:55; Denial at 24:46, 23:20, 22:52)

vGWO58G.png

Game 8: Warlord Ball - Denial won 200-97 (Denial biggest lead: 129 [199-70], CLG biggest lead: 39 [39-0])

Q1Hvfli.png

Game 9: Warlord Bomb - Denial won 5-0 (Scores: Denial at 26:52, 26:02, 23:26, 19:41, 15:10)

t7C4p7G.png

Game 10: Shrine Slayer - Denial won 50-29 (Denial biggest lead: 21 [50-29], CLG biggest lead: 2 [5-3])

msHg8YG.png

Denial wins series 10-0

KOUc9eQ.png

LojiY6n.png

Sidenote: They did play a Lockdown Hill game. But there was a massive lag spike midway through the game, so they ended it early. I've not included the stats for that game in the series.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Was this already made and just not released?

It was just a demonstration. You can see the water in the bottom floor of the map, meaning there is no underground in the bases.

So first you're asking why one of the bigger and most boring maps in Halo shouldn't be considered for competitive and now you're asking why we don't do one sided gametypes.

It the next question why we all prefer to start with a BR and won't consider SMG starts?

There is less skill involved inherently in one sided if only because teams don't have to attack and defend as they do normally.  The pace is both forced and slower, and there is the simple logistical reason that sets would take considerably longer and be badly broken up.

You can't really fit a one sided gametype into a Bo5 or 7.

E-sports is simply a marketing tool to these clueless AAA companies that think they are scoring points with the "hardcore" by saying their game will support it and then they come out with a game that is the opposite of what the "e-sport crowd" actually wants.

Bro.  You can BXR in Halo 5 so clearly they are giving us what we want.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Relic topic, as predicted, has been beaten in to the ground. We are 99% sure that this is the final season of HCS with H2A before H5 takes its go around.  It will be interesting to see if Ayoub responses to Chig's tweet with some evidence on which HCS players are ACTUALLY excited about the possibility of Relic in HCS. (I am guessing there are none or it is not individuals from the top 12 current teams).  The only gametype I would be remotely interested in on Remnant would be "extraction". Bummer it did not transfer over from H4.  I thought extraction on Haven/Station 9 was very entertaining and towards the end, teams were getting very creative.  Yeah yeah, I get it extraction was not in H2 so it would make little sense to have it in H2A, but neither was Ricochet.  I really hope Extraction is in H5 (does anyone know if it is confirmed to be in or not?). 

Like many have mentioned countless times, BC or Midship would've been the correct choices, as far as a competitive maps for HCS is concerned.  However, what about a remake of Turf? An updated map with some great tweaks and some minor reconstructions.  One team spawns snipe and the other spawns at ship, (and give them camo or a beam rifle to balance the sides; similar to what Guardian did).  I'm aware this won't happen, but I just personally think a competitive version of Turf, in H2A for HCS, could be great; especially with TS, KOTH and Ball.  I don't know, maybe I'm way off.

Praying that the cup this weekend doesn't get DDoS'd again.  And also hoping, Team Liquid finds away to get some much needed points to get out of that dreaded #7/#8 seed where they have to continue to take on Denail/EG.  I just want to see them compete against the other teams based on what we have seen from their online scrims.

PS....great to see some Beyond Ent content popping up on YouTube.  Keep it coming fellas.

The Relic topic, as predicted, has been beaten in to the ground. We are 99% sure that this is the final season of HCS with H2A before H5 takes its go around.  It will be interesting to see if Ayoub responses to Chig's tweet with some evidence on which HCS players are ACTUALLY excited about the possibility of Relic in HCS. (I am guessing there are none or it is not individuals from the top 12 current teams).  The only gametype I would be remotely interested in on Remnant would be "extraction". Bummer it did not transfer over from H4.  I thought extraction on Haven/Station 9 was very entertaining and towards the end, teams were getting very creative.  Yeah yeah, I get it extraction was not in H2 so it would make little sense to have it in H2A, but neither was Ricochet.  I really hope Extraction is in H5 (does anyone know if it is confirmed to be in or not?). 

Like many have mentioned countless times, BC or Midship would've been the correct choices, as far as a competitive maps for HCS is concerned.  However, what about a remake of Turf? An updated map with some great tweaks and some minor reconstructions.  One team spawns snipe and the other spawns at ship, (and give them camo or a beam rifle to balance the sides; similar to what Guardian did).  I'm aware this won't happen, but I just personally think a competitive version of Turf, in H2A for HCS, could be great; especially with TS, KOTH and Ball.  I don't know, maybe I'm way off.

Praying that the cup this weekend doesn't get DDoS'd again.  And also hoping, Team Liquid finds away to get some much needed points to get out of that dreaded #7/#8 seed where they have to continue to take on Denail/EG.  I just want to see them compete against the other teams based on what we have seen from their online scrims.

PS....great to see some Beyond Ent content popping up on YouTube.  Keep it coming fellas.

@@Clicked is doing some good stuff with the YouTube :)