CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Dan Ayoub has not made an incorrect statement.

Excited means "having great enthusiasm" and enthusiasm means "intensity of feelings".

Mr. Ayoub is correct is saying that we're "excited" about the thought of Remnant being added to the map pool, as it has generated a great intensity of the feelings of contempt, disdain, and animosity from the competitive community.

One could even say that we're very excited over the possibility of that map's inclusion of the HCS.

:bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Here's some pro player footage of Roy from EG on Relic!  :goat:

Soooo much better than Midship or a BC remake.

*Lunchbox

So obviously there is a lot of hate towards anything out of the ordinary as far as MLG/HCS goes, in terms of Ricochet and maps like Remnant.  My question for you guys is, what are the logical reasons for why maps like Remnant and other maps considered would not work?  With Ricochet, people provided reasons like you could just stand at the ball spawn and throw it in over and over.  While I feel that was an exaggeration of what would actually happen, I could see that making some sense.  But what about these maps?  It is still Halo and I would think the best team would still win.  Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So obviously there is a lot of hate towards anything out of the ordinary as far as MLG/HCS goes, in terms of Ricochet and maps like Remnant.  My question for you guys is, what are the logical reasons for why maps like Remnant and other maps considered would not work?  With Ricochet, people provided reasons like you could just stand at the ball spawn and throw it in over and over.  While I feel that was an exaggeration of what would actually happen, I could see that making some sense.  But what about these maps?  It is still Halo and I would think the best team would still win.  Thoughts?

You don't play 4v4 on maps for 8v8, 6v6 at best...

So obviously there is a lot of hate towards anything out of the ordinary as far as MLG/HCS goes, in terms of Ricochet and maps like Remnant. My question for you guys is, what are the logical reasons for why maps like Remnant and other maps considered would not work? With Ricochet, people provided reasons like you could just stand at the ball spawn and throw it in over and over. While I feel that was an exaggeration of what would actually happen, I could see that making some sense. But what about these maps? It is still Halo and I would think the best team would still win. Thoughts?

Have you seen Remnant? It is hugeeeeeeeeeee.

Team Slayer? Nah more like hide n seek.

KotH? Good luck getting to the hill when you spawn across the map and the other team is milking that 1 minute lasting hill

Oddball? Good luck trying to kill the ball carrier if it is on top of the base

Come on, just look at the map. It is not suitable for competitive 4v4 play.

They just need to add forge maps now if anything, I don't even care anymore if it is Eden or a damn Pit remake. Just something needs to be added that can play competitive 4v4.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to do that. <3

• Upvote (+1) 6

So is there nothing they could do to make Remnant an HCS map? With forge isn't it possible to make changes to it to where it's a fair map?

Have you seen Remnant? It is hugeeeeeeeeeee.

Team Slayer? Nah more like hide n seek.

KotH? Good luck getting to the hill when you spawn across the map and the other team is milking that 1 minute lasting hill

Oddball? Good luck trying to kill the ball carrier if it is on top of the base

To be fair, if you're going to judge a map, you should judge it by the gametypes it was designed for; which in the case of Relic would be one-sided objective game modes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be fair, if you're going to judge a map, you should judge it by the gametypes it was designed for; which in the case of Relic would be one-sided objective game modes.

True.

And to be honest, I am ready for some one-sided objective game modes in competitive Halo. (Not that Relic is the map for it.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

not sure if blind or troll?  

its a btb map, that means it doesn't work well for 4v4.  it would be ridiculously slow, do you know how long it takes to walk to the other side of the map? a freaking eternity, thats pretty long dude.

also if both teams were both set up in positions it would just turn into a stand off because neither team could push because they are so far away, it would go to overtime everygame and people would run out of ammo so fast because the enemy is so far away you would have to mail them the bullets then you can barley find any ammo.

its just absurd, the question you should be asking yourself is HOW CAN IT WORK? it doesnt bottom line.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So it sounds like you are saying the main drawback is that you would have to cover so much ground to get back to the objective after you die?  Wouldn't that just allow the better teams to win by even greater margins?

And why would 1 Flag CTF and Assault not work?

Legitimately curious, not trying to start any arguments or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If only we had a mechanic in Halo that could allow players to move faster to traverse large maps like Remnant with ease, while lowering speed for gunfights.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Remnant Snipers, bring back that 2005 MLG nostalgia.

282a12e0819be8f4e04806665f674a97.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

So it sounds like you are saying the main drawback is that you would have to cover so much ground to get back to the objective after you die?  Wouldn't that just allow the better teams to win by even greater margins?

And why would 1 Flag CTF and Assault not work?

Legitimately curious, not trying to start any arguments or anything.

what do you not understand about the map is too big for 4v4? lmao  relic was not designed for 4v4, it was specifically designed for 8v8/6v6.  the only gametype that would be somewhat playable in 4v4 on that map is snipers and even then that's a huge stretch(might as well add bloodline too lmao).

its a asymmetric btb map dude, 1 flag has an unfair advantage especially on relic 4v4, assault also has an unfair advantage on relic 4v4.  just play the map and you'll see why everyone is telling you the same thing, i hope. 

sorry if i come off as a dick here but im telling the truth as i see it.

If only we had a mechanic in Halo that could allow players to move faster to traverse large maps like Remnant with ease, while lowering speed for gunfights.

:kappa: 

no pls, anything but that :( pls. ima start praying.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

what do you not understand about the map is too big for 4v4? lmao  relic was not designed for 4v4, it was specifically designed for 8v8/6v6.  the only gametype that would be somewhat playable in 4v4 on that map is snipers and even then that's a huge stretch(might as well add bloodline too lmao).

its a asymmetric btb map dude, 1 flag has an unfair advantage especially on relic 4v4, assault also has an unfair advantage on relic 4v4.  just play the map and you'll see why everyone is telling you the same thing, i hope. 

sorry if i come off as a dick here but im telling the truth as i see it.

no pls, anything but that :( pls. ima start praying.

How is 1 flag (offense/defense) not fair to both teams? Im pretty sure we are talking 1 flag, not neutral flag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't tell if these posts are trolls or not so I'll just slowly back up and take my leave from this conversation

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How is 1 flag (offense/defense) not fair to both teams? Im pretty sure we are talking 1 flag, not neutral flag.

too much defense in 4v4? the defending team spawns near rockets and the offensive team only gets 1 sniper + the defending team has too much cover its like fighting an uphill battle and the offensive team would depend on the sniper landing all his/her shots? keeping the defending teams sniper out of their hands would be important?  would the defending teams spawns be easily trappable?  im assuming there wont be any vehicles either?

do the ramps on the middle tower disappear on specific gametypes like they do on relic in h2c?

I can't tell if these posts are trolls or not so I'll just slowly back up and take my leave from this conversation

You need to realize 343 knows whats best for Halo eSports and just let it happen okay?

tumblr_mlsvkjMDBZ1r8g9vpo1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

FKZzsSE.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Asking questions to find out logical answers is not trolling.  Pretty much the exact opposite.

Too much defense?  So you are saying every CTF/Assault game would end up 0-0?  I really doubt that.  We see perfect setups with power weapons get broken all the time by teams rushing with BRs.

• Upvote (+1) 4

FKZzsSE.jpg

Again... that Chig face...someone please,make a meme it.

(Or Beyond staff, make it an emote for this week or so)