CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

FKZzsSE.jpg

Oh my god I'm dying of laughter right now, fu Cyren.

Edit : Dat Chig's  face....jesus 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So we're really going to use Relic instead of Ascension, which is half the size, and could be tweaked for hill or ball?  :wutface:

Ascension would be just as bad

• Upvote (+1) 3

stonetown ts seems better than Relic, but we'll see. Havent played the new map yet, just from what i remember.

Honestly, i dont care. I'd welcome it just to break the monotony, at least for the cups. (Still cant believe there has been no Midship or Beaver Creek remake)  I also think there should be big team tourneys, but that's another thing all together.

MLG did have 1 flag Zanzibar before.  :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ascension would be just as bad

Yeah, but not as huge as Relic. And changing power-weapons and adding powerups could improve it.

So we're really going to use Relic instead of Ascension, which is half the size, and could be tweaked for hill or ball?  :wutface:

No, they aren't going to add any more maps or gametypes mid-season. The backlash would be outrageous, again.

Double post for the lore

Next thing you know, From Software is going to be announcing the new Dark Souls is being "made for e-sports in mind".

E-sports is simply a marketing tool to these clueless AAA companies that think they are scoring points with the "hardcore" by saying their game will support it and then they come out with a game that is the opposite of what the "e-sport crowd" actually wants.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Next thing you know, From Software is going to be announcing the new Dark Souls is being "made for e-sports in mind".

E-sports is simply a marketing tool to these clueless AAA companies that think they are scoring points with the "hardcore" by saying their game will support it and then they come out with a game that is the opposite of what the "e-sport crowd" actually wants.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/10/31/343-industries-kevin-franklin-explains-how-halo-4-was-designed-for-esports/

Yupppp

• Upvote (+1) 4

Reading this thread when I wake up is seriously the best way to start a day.

These last ten pages have been nothing but fantastic entertainment. 

I'm pretty sure that the only person who thinks Relic would be good for HCS is Dan Ayoub. These HCS pros and 343 pro teams that agree with him definitely do not exist.

My translation of that Podtacular blurb:

Clueless Executive Producer: "Psst, PR lady, what's the buzzword I need to use in today's interview?"

PR Lady: "The kids these days respond well to ESPORTS, try fitting that in wherever possible."

Interviewer: "Well, CEP, what's your favorite breakfast cereal?"

C.E.P.: "We really feel esports are the best thing you can have for breakfast, and we're working really hard to deliver that."

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh my god I'm dying of laughter right now, fu Cyren.

Edit : Dat Chig's  face....jesus 

B)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here's some pro player footage of Roy from EG on Relic!  :goat:

Soooo much better than Midship or a BC remake.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just another exemplar of how much of a disconnect there is between the people hosting HCS and the people who actually are involved with HCS and its progression.

I think that the 3 maps we have arent broken, so we should not fix them because asking 343i to fix something is just giving them an opportunity to "SoonTM" us. 

Just suck it up and wait for H2A to die already. I feel like as soon as the only person who seems to care about us (That being Sa1lient) will be entirely protective of his baby, so he wont let us go down the wrong path in the future.

Just sit tight everyone, wait for this season to be over and we're home free. How long between halo 5 release and HCS season 3?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dan Ayoub is such a clown. Seriously, such a scumbag move to just blatantly lie like that and relate Remnant to eSports in any way. I just hate knowing this guy is flat out trying to lie to people.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1