CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I nominate Sudd1 for the Justice League: 

If Annex really gets to keep their points then that's kinda messed up. The roster change rules have been strictly enforced up until now, the roster change rules are a bit less restricting than last season, and they even tried to trick the admins. That type of shady behavior shouldn't be allowed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Storylines for Indianapolis list:

EG win streak. (Self-explanatory)

Will Liquid's work ethic pay off? - They're putting in a lot of time,  but still struggling against top teams.  Can they overcome the hump and place top 4 on LAN?

Was Cloud 9's top 3 finish a fluke? - They still seem to hate the game and put in very little effort online.  But LANsteria and the Wizard showed up at Atlanta.

Will CLG recover from Ogre 2's family vacation? - 3 weeks without practice is a long time, fortunately for CLG there was a long no-LAN dry season.  Will their time before Indianapolis be enough to get back on the same page?

Will Randa ever stop talking? - Probably not.

OpTic Bootcamp enough? - OpTic recently had a "bootcamp" week, and Maniac is in the OpTic house.  They're definitely putting in more online practice than they have been...will they be even stronger than before?

3-Team LAN Benefits - How strong will eX, WFX, and Liquid look after their LAN at Coby's house?

I'd also add:

Can Heinz get over the 2nd place hump - Heinz with CLG finished 2nd at St. Louis, 2nd at G4G, 2nd at Season 1 Finals. Then with Denial 2nd at Atlanta.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd also add:

Can Heinz get over the 2nd place hump - Heinz with CLG finished 2nd at St. Louis, 2nd at G4G, 2nd at Season 1 Finals. Then with Denial 2nd at Atlanta.

Did you forget the part where he finished 1st at the S1 opener in Columbus?

If anything, the storyline would be:

Will Heinz continue the streak of being the only player in every single Grand Finals of HCS LAN events?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did you forget the part where he finished 1st at the S1 opener in Columbus?

If anything, the storyline would be:

Will Heinz continue the streak of being the only player in every single Grand Finals of HCS LAN events?

No, I didn't. I meant he's gotten 2nd 4 straight events. It's a streak.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, I didn't. I meant he's gotten 2nd 4 straight events. It's a streak.

More like a dynasty. EG just keeps getting better and better because they know the real money is going to be in Halo 5. This is just good practice. It has nothing to do with Heinz's ability, I assure you. The champs are showing off.

WFX vs OpTic isn't relevant anymore since Contra isn't on the team (no more "keep wondering why I outplace you next event").  Unless you're just referencing Randa's "#GreenWall" spam.

WFX vs Liquid I don't understand unless you're following the "Ryan hates Ninja" storyline that has been proven a few times not to be true.

And I think WFX vs Cloud 9 died off after Pistola blew off some steam.

WFX/Optic: Randa vs. Ace & Flamesword

WFX/Liquid: Ninja hasn't been too positive about Arkanum, from teaming with him, and Randa has shit-talked Ninja like Ryanoob used to do.

WFX/Cloud9: The whole Lockdown King match at IG ATL really pissed off Ryanoob. He seems to only like Pistola. Ryanoob 2015 - "We're not Cloud 9" 

• Upvote (+1) 1

More like a dynasty. EG just keeps getting better and better because they know the real money is going to be in Halo 5. This is just good practice. It has nothing to do with Heinz's ability, I assure you. The champs are showing off.

Except the first one was CLG vs Denial, when Heinz lost to Denial.

*insert Pistolas soundcloud saying Fuck You Brett*

I believe the quote was "Go suck a dick, Brett"

• Upvote (+1) 1

The KotH loss of points issue caused them to dislike eachother.

Pistola talked about this during his interview for the podcast and basically said that they aren't and weren't upset at the situation really. They didn't think the lost points was going to be enough to win the game anyway, and weren't even the ones to notice. Someone else pointed out they didnt get points, so they asked the ref's if they could look at the film to see what happened. Then the ref's made decisions, but it wasn't Cloud 9 asking for a replay or anything. At least that's what Pistola explained to me.

I would say that WFX vs. Optic is one of the MOST relevant story-lines. As a Cloud 9 fan, I understand that we always face Optic in game 5 elimination matches, and yes, that has bred a nice juicy rivalry.

But as a Maniac sub and frequent viewer, Optic has nothing nice to say about certain players on WFX's team when they scrim/play each other. There is definite animosity, and it is pretty obvious to know where it comes from.

Pistola talked about this during his interview for the podcast and basically said that they aren't and weren't upset at the situation really. They didn't think the lost points was going to be enough to win the game anyway, and weren't even the ones to notice. Someone else pointed out they didnt get points, so they asked the ref's if they could look at the film to see what happened. Then the ref's made decisions, but it wasn't Cloud 9 asking for a replay or anything. At least that's what Pistola explained to me.

that's basically what happened. it was Ninja who noticed that they didn't get the time, who told Buckness, who told Hysteria. 

b13fb7bb9622f989c779ce72ee7be9cd.gif

How I feel when I read this thread after tourneys 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I believe the quote was "Go suck a dick, Brett"

The last couple of pages have me like AdRBEsy.gif

Excited for the PGL event.  Great post @@TiberiusAudley I hope the casters will mention all of these. I'm counting on you @thesimms  :walshy:  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, it does. However, don't like the platform in the back, looks out of place due to how the piece is.

Are we still looking to get forge maps into rotation? With the fileshare search it should be a lot easier now too

There are still a bunch of channels uploading new maps, they deserve some more subs

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.podtacular.com/media/podtacular-485/

Starting at 11:00, Dan Ayoub says that Remnant is being considered for the HCS and that it is great for competitive play. Also saying that the 343 pro team and the HCS players are really excited to seeing the map being considered for the HCS.

Not sure if this has already been discussed here, but who were those pro's? lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

http://www.podtacular.com/media/podtacular-485/

Starting at 11:00, Dan Ayoub says that Remnant is being considered for the HCS and that it is great for competitive play. Also saying that the 343 pro team and the HCS players are really excited to seeing the map being considered for the HCS.

Not sure if this has already been discussed here, but who were those pro's? lol

:wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface: dude, no way.  what the actual fk?  first ricochet, now this?   if 343 cant understand why relic doesnt belong in the hcs then i cant see the hcs EVER being anywhere near as successful as mlg was with halo, rip halo all hope is lost if this actually happens.  :(  i am cry, the end is neigh REPENT REPENT.

everyone will think the hcs is a joke, nothing more.  

relic is a btb map nuff said, just leave it at that plain and simple.  

I just listened to that, at first I wanted to give Dan Ayoub the benefit of the doubt and just think that maybe he is just disconnected with eSports / the HCS, etc.

However he goes on to say that the pro team is excited, map is under consideration for the HCS, etc.

Even if they made a "Relic Slice" i just never see this as a good idea.  I really hope this is not going to be force fed into the rotation just to show off a new DLC map on stream at events.  Call of Duty has had this issue lately, I really do not want it to cross over into Halo.  It would be different if we were being "force fed" a map that actually worked in a competitive setting, like Beaver Creek for example.  Relic is a big team battle map, we should leave it at that.

I think Bravo and friends have a good sense on what should be in and what should not be in, so I am not really worried.  Also Halo 5 is right around the corner so even if we had Relic in the rotation somehow, it would not be played for "seasons".

• Upvote (+1) 3

Relic being in HCS is the best thing ever

:kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1