CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

http://www.sho.com/sho/reality-docs/titles/3414932/iverson

this was released last saturday. If you are a fan of allen iverson you should take the time and watch it.. it's roughly an hour and fourty minutes. Worth every second...

Discusses his childhood, how hard he worked as a kid to get himself and his family out of the hood... touched on his arrest in high school after winning championships in football (QB and safety) and basketball... also each chapter of his nba career from being drafted to playing in china... the interview.... the jordan cross over... all of it..

best most informative thing i've seen in regards to A.I.

Worth the watch.

Dude, thank you so much for reminding me about this.  Was hype'd when I heard about this project.  Always loved A.I., in fact, while playing hoops in grade, middle and high school, I made sure I bought his Reebok's each and every year.  I feel A.I. was very misunderstood, especially for that time period.  He truly did have the heart of a lion, and I still get goosebumps watching highlights of him lighting up the Lakers in Game 1 of the 2001 NBA Finals.  He single-handily won that game, pouring in 48pts against a Lakers team that was in the midst of a legendary dynasty (even if their competition in the Finals each year was pathetic.  Just my opinion.  That's not the Lakers fault though, but whoever won the Western Conference from 1999-2004).

One question for ya though, did you like this new Iverson documentary more than the ESPN 30 for 30: "No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson"? Although that only touched on the his arrest, in my opinion, like nearly all 30 for 30's, it was excellent.

Can't wait to watch this tomorrow night.

Really glad that Flame said something to Randa at IG after Optic beat them.

Was fun to see someone run their mouth though for a little while. That usually only works if you win though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is there a team that gets 11-0'd more than Optic?

I wasn't aware that they practice enough for that to happen often. Although props to them for being on a lot this past week when a lot of other teams have been MIA.

Cloud 9? 

I hope the top 4 at Indy & Champs are EG, Denial, WFX, & Team Liquid, and that they stick together for Halo 5. 

Sort of hoping that C9, Optic, & CLG don't do so well, so they rejigger the teams for Halo 5:

Optic: Flamesword, Assault, Snakebite, Royal 2

CLG: Ogre2, Cloud, Pistola, Ace

Cloud 9: Hysteria, VicX, FiS, Maniac. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching Team Liquid last night was a real treat. They scrimmed well and manhandled Optic. After scrims they played some matchmaking and I don't know if I've ever heard/seen a team having so much fun just playing halo together. It was really refreshing to see. I don't think ive ever seen any pros laugh that much in my life.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Watching Team Liquid last night was a real treat. They scrimmed well and manhandled Optic. After scrims they played some matchmaking and I don't know if I've ever heard/seen a team having so much fun just playing halo together. It was really refreshing to see. I don't think ive ever seen any pros laugh that much in my life.

I've said it a bunch of times but I'm so glad Ninja and Spartan are teaming together. They obviously have so much fun together and its really fun to watch.

Cloud 9? 

I hope the top 4 at Indy & Champs are EG, Denial, WFX, & Team Liquid, and that they stick together for Halo 5. 

Sort of hoping that C9, Optic, & CLG don't do so well, so they rejigger the teams for Halo 5:

Optic: Flamesword, Assault, Snakebite, Royal 2

CLG: Ogre2, Cloud, Pistola, Ace

Cloud 9: Hysteria, VicX, FiS, Maniac. 

I can't see flamesword, assault, and ace disbanding. That's a lot of built in team chemistry to just forgo for the "hope" of better success.

I can't see flamesword, assault, and ace disbanding. That's a lot of built in team chemistry to just forgo for the "hope" of better success.

if only theyd play

I missed doing one of these yesterday due to social engagements, so I'll do two today.

First, we go back to the player who started this all when I decided to do one of these for personal use.

Spartan - Shrine Bomb
(Gametypes remaining before I go hunting for new ones: Warlord TS, Warlord Bomb)

14:30 - Plays the start slow and hugs the Pillar side of bonfire before throwing delayed grenades.  OpTic's fast play here ends up catching him off guard and he dies to rockets.

14:45 - Off spawn, responds to a callout to pick up an assist.  Ninja dies in hut, trading with Sniper, so Spartan goes to make sure the enemy team don't swipe the rifle.  His movement spawns Ninja back in position to pick up his Sniper, so Spartan pushes to Ring.  He makes sure to pick up the Plasma Pistol before jumping up (something I see some players never do and others always do), and moves to position to see the Bomb.  With a well-placed grenade and an out-BR, Spartan picks up a triple kill from being in good position.

15:30 - Spartan spawns in hut and moves to Ring 3, knowing Ninja and Aries are already in OpTic's base.  After seeing a teammate die R3 and callout he died to rockets, Spartan rushes blind to refresh a touch on bomb.  He takes a lot of damage from behind and ends up running into Assault as he flees and dies.

15:50 - Once again spawning over near Hut, Spartan pushes street and up to Ring 3.  He listens to a callout and kills the player who could've put pressure on his bomb carrier.  He listens to game sound and drops from R3 to hunt a player underneath him -- I don't like this play, because he's giving up a position to watch over his bomb carrier simply to kill a player that has no sightline on the bomb (prioritizing self over objective).  However, he makes the most of the play and follows it up with helping Ninja push for a potential bomb plant.  Shooter and Aries get tied up with players in Ring, and the remaining OpTic players fend off the bomb push.

17:00 - Spartan pushes out, clearing one on Liquid's street.  As Ninja calls out Sniper on main ramp, Spartan avoids jumping R3 and takes the less predictable route of jumping to Carbine.  He puts enough shots into the Sniper that the Sniper must back down.  After the Sniper ceases peeking out, Spartan turns to help kill an OpTic member on his side.  He pushes back into ring to respond to a callout of a player jumping into ring from jump-up (but it looks like the call-out was confused on which side was which).

17:55 - Respawns, kills bomb carrier.  Since Bomb is in rocks pushed hard, Spartan throws it off for the reset to deny OpTic's progress.  (Aside: Bomb is essentially a slow tug of war sort of gametype.  Unlike flag, you don't just run objective whenever you feel like it, you move it until you meet resistance, then slay, then move it some more.)

18:15 - As OpTic begin to take over hut and make a street-side Bomb push, Spartan moves back into his flag and Liquid shoot the water to conceal their movements.  Spartan takes a low sneaky route under turret and flanks Flame for a kill.

18:40 - Leaves courtyard to get back onto Ring 3.  Since he was being shot from rocks side, he takes the right path up to R3.  When he first gets up to R3, he sees a player while he's in cover and instead of shooting the player, swings behind his pillar and exposes himself heavily on the center wall of Ring and goes looking for other targets.  He doesn't scope in on the water of OpTic's base, so he fails to see OpTic players running across to turret.  As a result, he ends up a bit late engaging the players running across turret to kill his teammates (this is not a bad play, just a suboptimal one.  He started out making a good play and got impatient.)  He kills Flamesword, but being shot from two angles, he drops from R3.  Maniac resets the bomb for OpTic, and Spartan kills him, turns to R1, and kills Assault who's going for the new bomb.

19:10 - Leaving the bomb for his teammates in ring, Spartan sits street and looks to flag.  He sees a player move into the area but out of his own sightlines and throws a grenade through a crevice to pick up an assist.  He sees an OpTic player leave their side via Carbine and another sitting around bonfire/jump-up and leaves them to move to his bomb carrier to act as a second-grab if the bomb carrier dies arming.  Here, he prioritized the objective over himself or kills and Liquid pick up a bomb plant.

19:45 - Spartan and Shooter make quick work of two OpTic players on their side while taking very little damage.  Within 15 seconds of spawning, Liquid kill all four OpTic players on their side to prevent any sort of counter-control that could've come from falling 3 dead after their plant.

20:10 - Spartan lands a grenade on a player pushing Street, and upon seeing a player his ring wall kill Ninja, he leaps into Ring 1.  He manages the kill, but gets immediately cleaned up from bonfire/R1.  He uses his deathcam to communicate where the OpTic players are going from Ring 1, and Liquid manage to take them out.

20:45 - Spartan moves back for Sniper, and knowing OpTic players are coming to Carbine he slowplays, picking up two body shots.  He gets in a 1v1 and attempts to win with no-scopes, but misses two shots.  A grenade comes flying near his head and forces him to back down, giving opportunity for the player to push street.  The player charges Spartan, who misses two more shots before landing two and getting the kill.  Hearing a callout of another player pushing him, he lands a body shot before he is cleaned up.

21:30 - Respawns and moves to help the player he saw fighting Shooter.  Seeing that player drop, Spartan leaps out to attempt a kill, but loses track of him.  He ends up taking shots from a player R2/Street and gets killed without any additional damage put out.  Definitely should have played it more patiently there.

22:00 - Respawns in rocks again and chills on Rock ramp, watching Aries/Shooter from afar to watch for movements and put in long range shots.  After Shooter/Aries take out the two in hut, Spartan watches street to help them push out and softens a third player.

22:40 - Drops from R3 to chase a bomb carrier in melee range for an assassination - risky play, if bomb player had game sound up high, could've turned very badly for him.  Also gives up a strong position to chase someone on his side where his teammates should already have sightlines.  He seems indecisive on where to take Bomb after hearing a callout of a player on OpTic's main ramp, but settles on going jump/court side.  Death cam communication from Ninja gives him an ambush melee kill.  He blindly pushes out after that player dies and loses all his shields on the way to the hut, then runs around frantically trying to get the bomb as far away from a playbomb spot as he can before he dies.

23:20 - His last ditch effort to get bomb away from ledges paid off, as Liquid get OpTic 4 dead and move bomb up.  Spartan jumps up onto Carbine and focuses on suppressing spawners from attempting to stop the plant.  He gets two assists, Liquid plant, and Spartan calls out to the Sniper arming to get Sniper as far out as he can (to bonfire), and ends up securely extracting the full Sniper from OpTic's side.

24:10 - Spartan respawns at Carbine and moves to the yellow teammate icon to help.  After that player is taken out, he refocuses into Ring, but upon seeing two players turn his way, he drops.  (An aside, not a criticism: here, he could have potentially stayed engaging the player on opposite Carbine, using the wall to his right to keep the sight line blocked from the player along ringwall and dancing on the ledge.  His choice is still a good play since he had plenty of help from teammates, but I think a more aggressive player like APG or Roy would've taken the route I mentioned.)  In the end, he gets two more kills and Liquid start moving the bomb.

24:45 - Spartan sets up on Car for a bit and puts shots on OpTic players attempting to push back into their base.  Liquid keep moving bomb up and begin arming.  They get 3 dead, and with the planter calling out he's not going to finish.  Both Shooter and Spartan rush in 2v1 vs Assault and finish the plant for the 3-0.

Overall: Mostly good play out of Spartan.  He spent a lot of time in strong positions.  Only criticisms I had here relate to impatience, which isn't an outright bad thing with his team's heavy aggressive style of play.  He hardcharged a player and got baited, blind pushed a few times (not checking corners or other sightlines, just looking straight ahead...compare to my analysis of Snipedown's movements), dropped from power positions to chase a player his teammates had vision of/was a low priority kill, or popped out of cover to hunt kills when the enemies were about to move into his vision anyway.  Each of these were small instances of impatience that ended up leading to a less optimal play.  These instances had a very miniscule impact in this game, as Liquid picked up the 3-0, but against teams like EG or Denial, those types of plays can get punished a lot more strongly.

Spartan has definitely improved since his time on eLevate, though.  Even in little pieces of his gameplay, like making jumps, he's smoothed out rough edges.

He was also a little on the quiet end (less talking, sort of a grumbly voice) this game relative to other games of his, so I won't use this VoD to judge his communication -- though, given the frustrated sounds of some of the deaths from all three of his other teammates, it may be a symptom of shutting down a bit when he's not having fun.  If that is the case, this team will need to stay in absolute positive spirits to come out on top at an event.

Edit: After seeing Brev's quote below, I looked at the game BEFORE and saw Spartan went -2 -- it could ALSO be that he's a player who is only happy if he's going positive or feels like he's doing well (he only went negative in one other game of the series, the last one).  I sincerely hope that's not the case though, as that'd be a silly mental block to have.  Either way, Liquid cheered up after this game and apparently had a ton of fun last night.

Funny to see this after posting the one I just posted.  Adding another note to the end of the spoiler.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, Flamesword did drop Ace & Assault before in Reach, then picked up Royal 2 & Snakebite for second championship. 

I mean, Flamesword did drop Ace & Assault before in Reach, then picked up Royal 2 & Snakebite for second championship.

Pretty sure it was Ace and Elamite, as Assault was supposedly not playing then entered the FFA (and won iirc). That was the '12 Winter Championship.

Pretty sure it was Ace and Elamite, as Assault was supposedly not playing then entered the FFA (and won iirc). That was the '12 Winter Championship.

Got this from Halo Esportspedia, on Flamesword's page. : 2012 would see Ace and Assault depart, in favor of Snakebite and Royal 2 for MLG Columbus 2012 where Flamesword would net his second tournament victory.

I always assumed it was Ace and Assault, (Ace isn't in question), but regardless the point stands Flame's done it before to win. I don't think it will happen anytime soon, but it could

The difference last time when Flame dropped ace and elamite for snakebite and royal 2 is that he had enable with him. Assault and enable are completely different players. Plus Flame and royal2/snakebite ended on pretty bad terms it seemed in h4. 

Cloud 9, and they placed 3rd at the last LAN event IG Atlanta. Which included a dismantling of one of the teams that 11-0'd them.

edited

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't know how to do that... is my signature off for you? I see it all on one line.

It's not that it's off one line(which it is if your window width is small enough), but that the AR logo is cut off and got a black background. You can easily resize with paint.net or GIMP(both are free).