CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can somebody explain what is "swat" online? I'm confused

Swat is a gametype where you have no shield when you spawn so that one headshot from most guns are able to kill you...

• Downvote (-1) 8

Can somebody explain what is "swat" online? I'm confused

Someone finds a streamers home address

That person calls the police and say the streamer has hostages at gun point

A swat team then breaks down the streamers door becuase they think there is a dangerous situation going on

It's incredibly dangerous and people could die over nothing

It's sad really

• Upvote (+1) 4

You really think that? Do you watch much HCS? I don't even mean to be condescending, but I have no clue how you could reach that conclusion if we've been watching the same stuff.

Ogre 2 cannot keep up on a slaying level with almost any player in the top 4. His shot is bad and his reaction time is even slow. He trips over himself sometimes in game. The fact that people are beginning to blame Royal2 and Snakebite, both incredible players who I know Ogre 2 is extremely appreciative to be teaming with, is indicative of the crazy lengths people will go to in order to defend Ogre 2.

3511d9767c96ce281df5a9a69f6b88ed5654af83

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Swat is a gametype where you have no shield when you spawn so that one headshot from most guns are able to kill you...

I think he is refering to the discussion here about Arkanum being swatted on stream. I am also confused.

Edit: Moses cleared that up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone finds a streamers home address

That person calls the police and say the streamer has hostages at gun point

A swat team then breaks down the streamers door becuase they think there is a dangerous situation going on

It's incredibly dangerous and people could die over nothing

It's sad really

That's what I was looking for. Oh my god, that's insane. Why would anybody want to do that? I remember reading an article about somebody doing that and that person who reported it got many years in jail for wasting police's time.

That's what I was looking for. Oh my god, that's insane. Why would anybody want to do that? I remember reading an article about somebody doing that and that person who reported it got many years in jail for wasting police's time.

It a popular enough enough activity - at least it was for while amongst people with large followings in the Call of Duty scene. Mainly Youtubers streaming though, I don't think it ever really happened the pros due to respect, such a shame it was even introduced to the Halo community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Liquid just announced on Twitter that they have aquired Ninja, Shooter, Aries, Spartan, and Elamite (coach I'm assuming).

Congrats guys!

Also, thank god for "The Other Guys" being shot dead. Hated that name lol

http://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2015/05/14/welcoming-halo-to-the-liquid-family

Hope Liquid coming in helps push 343/ESL solve the open team seed problem otherwise Ninja and friends will likely need a 3rd or 4th place placing at Indianapolis to make the season 2 finals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Congrats @@Ninja @@Aries and the other guys. That's huge and flipping awesome for the Halo community! Doing the Halo Gods work guys!

It a popular enough enough activity - at least it was for while amongst people with large followings in the Call of Duty scene. Mainly Youtubers streaming though, I don't think it ever really happened the pros due to respect, such a shame it was even introduced to the Halo community.

People that stream a lot, and consistently are at more risk of being swatted. Why? Because the type of people that do the swatting generally want to see it streamed live, and see it happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hope Liquid coming in helps push 343/ESL solve the open team seed problem otherwise Ninja and friends will likely need a 3rd or 4th place placing at Indianapolis to make the season 2 finals.

I honestly don't see a 3rd/4th placing to be much of a problem with this team.  They're rough around the edges, sure, but I think they're going to do great things together with practice.  Elamite is also a great coach selection.  This is all my opinion of course and I'm sure some will disagree, but watching their few scrims so far I see flashes where they are unstoppable.  If they can nail it down and smooth it out for consistency at that level, there's no reason they can't be a top 3 team.  They are new to each other somewhat, but when they're clicking....they're really something to watch.  I hope they can get it all nailed down because some exciting things can happen with this team.  I see some upsets incoming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly don't see a 3rd/4th placing to be much of a problem with this team.  They're rough around the edges, sure, but I think they're going to do great things together with practice.  Elamite is also a great coach selection.  This is all my opinion of course and I'm sure some will disagree, but watching their few scrims so far I see flashes where they are unstoppable.  If they can nail it down and smooth it out for consistency at that level, there's no reason they can't be a top 3 team.  They are new to each other somewhat, but when they're clicking....they're really something to watch.  I hope they can get it all nailed down because some exciting things can happen with this team.  I see some upsets incoming.

They're also really fun to watch because Ninja and Spartan are hilarious together.

I'm really, really disappointed they didn't get to play in last weekends online cup though. Even though they were playing EG there was the potential for an upset there. They did beat EG in a best of 5 scrim the night before...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Liquid in Halo is huge. Congrats to all involved and yay for Halo.

Kind of makes me think what these orgs know about the future of the HCS...

It's nice they have a great org behind them. Disagree with the 3rd/4th place comment a few posts above but maybe they'll prove me wrong.

Elamite as a coach seemed a bit random unless there's something I haven't read.

The real question is, will they wear the badass jackets? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats awesome to see another big Org for Halo. Crazy to think that CLG, EG, Optic, Denial, C9 and WinterFox have all joined within 6months of the release H2A. Even though the game has been struggle since launch this is big for H5 and beyond. Assuming the H5 launch is successful + E3 next month, these next few months shall be interesting to watch. Clearly 343 has something up their sleeve for all these Orgs to joined Halo now.