CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Has 343 had security issues or are players getting DDoS'd because their IPs got discovered through Skype?

Explain to me how normal P2P packets carrying IPs is a "security issue."  If this was the case, visiting teambeyond is a "security issue." 343 has to be blamed for bugs, but let's not get carried away with now claiming regular P2P network is a "security issue."

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really feel bad for the ones that are taking this game serious, and the DDoSing is just shitting on them.

This cup needs to be canceled. If teams are having to forfeit because of this the cup shouldn't be played. It's completely unfair to those teams.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This cup needs to be canceled. If teams are having to forfeit because of this the cup shouldn't be played. It's completely unfair to those teams.

fb9d4ef81ad09ffc07b2ddb166b78f37.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

What if this is a conspiracy by halo moms to take back Mother's Day?

Damn it, accidental neg.  Sorry.  :cry:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Teams really just need to move away from Skype. Use a private chat server service.

Cloud 9 and Optic playing just fine...

He's being a bit hyperbolic with the every team comment. However it is very unfair for those being hit. Especially when you consider this is for money.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn it, accidental neg. Sorry. :cry:

Dry your tears, sweet Tickle. No harm was done. Peace be with you.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Cloud 9 and Optic playing just fine...

lol Ace got hit a few min ago

• Upvote (+1) 1

Explain to me how normal P2P packets carrying IPs is a "security issue."  If this was the case, visiting teambeyond is a "security issue." 343 has to be blamed for bugs, but let's not get carried away with now claiming regular P2P network is a "security issue."

It was an honest question, I never meant to imply that 343 has had security issues. I would assume that players are getting DDoS'd because of IPs leaked through Skype (not because MCC servers were compromised or something) and wanted to make sure my assumption was correct. I'm in no way blaming 343 for the DDoS attacks and I'm trying to figure out why RyaNoob responded saying that they do have a little something to do with IPs leaking from 343's end.

Denial vs eXcellence (Mikwen host games 1 & 3, el Town host games 2 & 4)

Game 1: Shrine Flag - Denial won 3-0 

na4Dtab.png

Game 2: Warlord Slayer - Denial won 50-46 (eXcellence was up 18-10)

hebj7n9.png

Game 3: Lockdown Ball - eXcellence won 200-157 (eXcellence was up 187-111)

uucKijT.png

Game 4: Warlord Bomb - Denial won 5-2 (Score order: eX, Denial x3, eX, Denial x2)

9bY8ir7.png

Denial wins series 3-1

4KNqwQj.png

5BwXZv7.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

FYI guys, Destiny has a pretty well respected guide on DDoS protection that doesn't require you to stop using Skype. His Skype ID is very well known and he doesn't get DDoS'd anymore. He has gone so far as to say that tournaments should DQ players who can't play due to DDoS because it's a preventable issue:

https://blog.destiny.gg/protection-from-ddos-attacks/

Don't know first hand if it works, but I know that this guide has been shared amongst the SC2, CSGO, and now Dota2 communities and has generally been well received. I haven't heard of tournament DDoS issues in SC2 in quite a while.

If you want to keep using Skype and not worry about DDoS then at least give this guide a read and try his measures out. I'm not guaranteeing that it works, but it does work for a lot of people.

I don't remember if it says it in there or not, but don't sue Skype on mobile devices, there's no solution to protecting you from IP leaks from Skype on mobile yet.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So, by the looks of it. 

The tournament is finally played but the pros are DDoS'd.

This is fucking shit.