CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That video was great. The H5 theme to most of the graphics gives us a preview of what to expect from HCS in H5. Also, the analysis at the end is what I hope to see LIVE AT EVENTS. Hopefully with the H5 spectator mode it becomes a possibility. Content like this is super accessible and could really help Halo take back its place as the premier console Fps in terms of esports.

• Upvote (+1) 4

A functioning matchmaking is very important. In halo 3 the mlg playlist served as a farming system where up and coming teams/players can play against top teams and get better.

The HCS playlist right now in H2A is giving me the same vibe. too bad it is too late and the population is too low

Well I'd say a massive portion of the competitive Halo community visits these forums everyday. So it might be time for Beyond to use some of those numbers that Saucey posted a couple pages back. If it actually works then promote the hell out of it.

Well I'd say a massive portion of the competitive Halo community visits these forums everyday. So it might be time for Beyond to use some of those numbers that Saucey posted a couple pages back. If it actually works then promote the hell out of it.

Not sure what more we can really do at this point, while I'm happy the game is finally getting fixed after 6 months, the game has a really really bad stigma now and it can't be repaired.

Our hope for growing the scene as a whole really depends on Halo 5 having a successful and flawless launch this time around, coupled with MS advertising and the prizing/events being there.

I think the future is bright, I know Halo 4 and MCC was really rough on a lot of us, let's hope mistakes and lessons were learned so the Halo brand as a whole is something seen as positive and growing again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looking for 1 for tomorrows HCS online cup. If you're interested in running games hit me up on live.

GT: Berserker Tanks

fYwI1kC.jpg

That rocket launcher. Hate it.

Like most here, I really enjoyed that video.  The information was concrete, the presentation was fluent and Bravo's commentary over the graphics and video was top tier.  Once again, I get that excited/anxious feeling that something magical can happen if things can just run smoothly, but that is also where I worry most.  Consistency.  Consistency is the key.  From what it sounds like, the amount of individuals actually working on HCS may be pretty low.  Possibly even a smaller team than some of us have speculated, but having content like this on a weekly basis could be pivotal. Just think how exciting it would be if we got a weekly report, after each online cup, that featured Bravo speaking about the results, upsets, get the pro's permission to use highlights from their streams to put together a video package to get a real sense of what happened for weekly online cup.  I am envisioning something like what Sportscenter does with highlights of games every night.  Obviously I don't expect something of ESPN quality, but just a short 10-15min video JUST LIKE THIS ONE each week I believe could do wonders.  I really believe that it could bring in some solid viewership.  I mean think about it, even if people don't watch the actual online cups, at least they could go to a HCS YouTube channel and get a weekly recap video of what took place the weekend before.  I'm thinking of something similar to what Halo 2 had on the USA Network in 2006 and 2007. People could literally just follow along throughout the season just based on the weekly recap video.

Again, I understand that something like this would take a lot of man power and time to produce a recap video from the previous weekend and get it out within 3-5 days before the next online cup happened but man it would be sweet.  I'm sure I'll be corrected, but it appears that they only do this videos, or mention HCS in-depth only after the LAN events. 

Overall though, excellent video and with this "hotfix" hopefully Season 2 can rebound and pick back up the momentum that it had at the end of Season1.  Very pumped to watch some great Halo this weekend.  Even though I am not a fan of this team, I just have a feeling that WinterFox is going to tear it up this weekend.  Naded and Arkanum have been playing nightly together and Naded in particular has been pulling off some ridiculous plays.  Looks like he is on the top of his game right now, and with some of the other teams taking some time off and not playing as much, I could see some rust out of them.

....Ah shit what the hell am I even saying....EG is going to dominate. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow, one of the best clips of H2A I have ever seen. And that against top tier pro players. Amazing!  :halo:  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know this might have been said somewhere in this thread or another post. But could anyone tell me what monitor, and model they use currently as of right now at the HCS tournys? BenQ RL2455HM?

Shittin on Kids

It wasnt like you were sitting back with a sniper, you were in there face, even sniping on their flag. Running flags. Great game man.

Love how they kinda gave up and someone started using the turret.

Good quality stuff from 343i.

This level of production quality is so amazing and gets my hype going. More please :-)  :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

one kill from 25 spree...... and the only thing that got me excited was seeing chig and ace playing together................................  :walshy:  :saucey:  :weback:

You had that other spree"one after Rampage" in that last kill after game was over :(

Dayum.

Even against a bunch of scrubs that would be impressive. The fact that the other team is all pro players makes it even better.

That rocket launcher. Hate it.

Look at the size of those nades though.  :unsure:

Even your teammate with rockets couldn't kill you.  B)

• Upvote (+1) 1