CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Some people must just be lucky. All my friends and I have had 0 issues since the last update and have had a lot better matches in matchmaking. Also been able to play customs with no problems. Must just be one of the lucky few.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I heard the problem is more likely to happen to more friends you have. Not sure why but it makes sense when my cousins don't have to reset their mac address.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I heard the problem is more likely to happen to more friends you have. Not sure why but it makes sense when my cousins don't have to reset their mac address.

Yeah I think it's true. I have like 80 friends and haven't had any issues. I haven't touched the game in about a week but when the update dropped I had no problems with parties

Which makes me wonder why pro teams don't just all make new accounts and scrim. With Xbox One, as long as you have gold on one account, you can make as many other gold accounts as you want for free.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have like 25 friends on my account and have 0 issues playing.  I only keep people on my FL that I know in real life lol.

Yea, I think its true because I have about 90 friends and I havent had any problems.

With Xbox One, as long as you have gold on one account, you can make as many other gold accounts as you want for free.

Is there truth to this?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there truth to this?

Yup

You can share gold on your home console

I have a few different "smurf" accounts

Yup

Out of curiosity, why is it called "smurf?"

Smurf account (from urban dictonary)

A alternative account (usually for gaming) that one can use to hide from people/pwn noobs/not be messaged 1 million times in a game.

NoobPwnRoflStomp9001 : Hey d00d u wanna play in match with me? i the best

Some guy : Sorry man, I gotta go feed the cat... *logs smurf account*

The reason why I do it is so people don't bug me and ask me to play with them (how dare they right?)

Okay, so the reason why it's called smurf is because of that old cartoon the smurfs, the snuffs were small little people and I guess it's an analogy or something (hopefully you know what I mean)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Smurf account (from urban dictonary)

A alternative account (usually for gaming) that one can use to hide from people/pwn noobs/not be messaged 1 million times in a game.

NoobPwnRoflStomp9001 : Hey d00d u wanna play in match with me? i the best

Some guy : Sorry man, I gotta go feed the cat... *logs smurf account*

The reason why I do it is so people don't bug me and ask me to play with them (how dare they right?)

Okay, so the reason why it's called smurf is because of that old cartoon the smurfs, the snuffs were small little people and I guess it's an analogy or something (hopefully you know what I mean)

I know what the smurfs are just wasn't sure why that was the term. Seen it a few times on this forum. Thanks for the info.

The real reason they get called Smurfs is because the original Smurf accounts were called Smurf and Smurfette.

tumblr_inline_nkc846jUDj1safpxv.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm actually playing Destiny again. 

There is a game that actually exists that made me go back to Destiny.

Just let that sink in. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a banking term.  It slipped into gaming usage because of MMOs and games like Diablo where people would create new accounts (low level) to either put valuable items onto or simply to farm other things while hiding the actual identity of the account.  In Diablo smurf accounts were usually given the distinction between a role as a "mule" (item holder / additional storage) or "twink" (new character with items given from higher level characters).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just let that sink in. 

I just started playing Destiny 2 days ago out of a purely primal desperation. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup

I've tried this and failed many times. I guess I really am a mentally handicapped individual** just like they've been saying. Can you help me out?

**I can use all other consoles flawlessly and never had a problem with advanced and complex problems on my PC. Fuck Microshit

It's a banking term.  It slipped into gaming usage because of MMOs and games like Diablo where people would create new accounts (low level) to either put valuable items onto or simply to farm other things while hiding the actual identity of the account.  In Diablo smurf accounts were usually given the distinction between a role as a "mule" (item holder / additional storage) or "twink" (new character with items given from higher level characters).

I swear the term originally came from Warcraft 2 because of the Smurf and Smurfette accounts, and it became urban legend because of it, not because it's a banking term. The Internet lies a lot however

Source: http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/17209/where-does-the-term-smurfing-come-from

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear the term originally came from Warcraft 2 because of the Smurf and Smurfette accounts, and it became urban legend because of it, not because it's a banking term. The Internet lies a lot however

Source: http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/17209/where-does-the-term-smurfing-come-from

Gonna trust a guy who lies about his identity to tell you the truth about where he came up with the term? ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

While Halo is still broken(and therefore HCS after being fixed).... Dota 2 racked up(already) over 5 million dollars for TI5 in just 3-4 days(and this is after  taking 75% off  of what players spend in the compendium), and we have long ways to go till they close out the compendium for this year.

Makes me so sad for Halo but so excited for TI5 at the same time ! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just let that sink in.

I've gone back to Destiny, as well. I'll be back when Halo is fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've tried this and failed many times. I guess I really am a mentally handicapped individual** just like they've been saying. Can you help me out?

**I can use all other consoles flawlessly and never had a problem with advanced and complex problems on my PC. Fuck Microshit

Sure, where are you at

1. Did you make a new Gamertag?

You need a fresh email and stud

2. Did you make your xbox "my home xbox"?

You do this by going to settings, my xbox, and then the first option should be my home xbox

Sure, where are you at

1. Did you make a new Gamertag?

You need a fresh email and stud

2. Did you make your xbox "my home xbox"?

You do this by going to settings, my xbox, and then the first option should be my home xbox

1. I renewed my subscription since XBO has been out. Same thing right? (it should be if you get this huge bonus)

2. Yes.