CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The big 3 CoD organizations should field Halo teams. Optic already does but Faze should and so should Envyus. Envyus already has a good CS:Go team as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would think that now is the opportune time to field a Halo team. H2A was failure, and there is no better time to buy low on the series. If you buy now, you don't really have to pay a premium. That being said, if Halo 5 turns out to be a massive success, the investment was more than worth it. If it is a failure, then organizations paid cheap enough that it doesn't really hurt them.

There is a low risk, high reward situation right now that organizations should take advantage of in my opinion. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The big 3 CoD organizations should field Halo teams. Optic already does but Faze should and so should Envyus. Envyus already has a good CS:Go team as well.

This would be awesome.

The whole Winterfox thing is interesting because they are a new org that may or may not be under the umbrella of Evil Geniuses. Maybe @@TiberiusAudley knows more about the specific logistics than I do and can shed some light on exactly who owns that team because I can't figure it out, I just know they work with GGA. They lost their LCS team yesterday though (it got relegated) so who knows what will be their situation moving forward. New orgs tend to heavily depend on money Riot provides them as being a part of the LCS. 

Still, the more "recognized" organizations we can get involved with halo the better for two reasons.

1) it exposes the halo scene to fans of that organization in other scenes be it smite, league of legends, dota, call of duty, CS:GO you name it. Obviously some will be more interested than others but introducing fans of esports to our scene is always a good thing.

2) it reduces the possibility for "shadyness" from the orgs themselves. There have been some absolute horror stories in esports over the last decade or so and the more well known the org the less likely that is to happen. These messes ultimately put a black eye on the whole scene and esport, not just the org, so avoiding these as much as possible will also be beneficial to our scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

First serious youtube video I've made in however many years I've been going to tournaments and lans, hope you guys like it. Let me know what else you would like to see from our team in the future. Constructive criticism / feedback is appreciated <3

Great stuff Towey keep this coming!
  • Upvote (+1) 3

First serious youtube video I've made in however many years I've been going to tournaments and lans, hope you guys like it. Let me know what else you would like to see from our team in the future. Constructive criticism / feedback is appreciated <3

I enjoyed it, would be nice to see one of these for every event/lan. Only complaint was it felt a little "cut off" when the video ended, no outro or final words etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He played the best on their team, but he doesn't have any objective urgency. If he is ring 3 or the opposite teams carbine, he won't leave for any reason. But I think he is a really good slayer. I guess we'll just have to wait to see the real WFX changes because even I don't know what the hell is going on anymore. 

IDK about him playing the best on the team.... 

s3zdie.jpg

I know there is much more to it than stats on paper, but WFX picking up Arkanum is big upgrade- Arkanum had the highest K/D, KDA, in the tourney with a large amount of OBJ..

The whole Winterfox thing is interesting because they are a new org that may or may not be under the umbrella of Evil Geniuses. Maybe @@TiberiusAudley knows more about the specific logistics than I do and can shed some light on exactly who owns that team because I can't figure it out, I just know they work with GGA. They lost their LCS team yesterday though (it got relegated) so who knows what will be their situation moving forward. New orgs tend to heavily depend on money Riot provides them as being a part of the LCS. 

Found this link which should explain the "EG and Winterfox" thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

s3zdie.jpg

I know there is much more to it than stats on paper, but WFX picking up Arkanum is big upgrade- Arkanum had the highest K/D, KDA, in the tourney with a large amount of OBJ..

These stats. Where are they?

Great video, sir. I love seeing some of the candid moments between team members. Only thing I wish was better was the audio but that's a limitation of the Go Pro. Keep the content coming. I love it!

So can someone break it down for me?

Noble Black and Ninja went their separate ways.

Then Noble eSports dropped noble black and picked up the team from velocity esports?

So Noble Black is now the old Velocity eSports team and the guys from noble black (arkanum and aries) are without a sponsor? or did they disband entirely?

So can someone break it down for me?

Noble Black and Ninja went their separate ways.

Then Noble eSports dropped noble black and picked up the team from velocity esports?

So Noble Black is now the old Velocity eSports team and the guys from noble black (arkanum and aries) are without a sponsor? or did they disband entirely?

Ninja parted ways with Noble.

Arkanum left Noble for Winterfox.

Aries left Noble and Noble dropped Prototype(and Aries before he left maybe?)

Velocity boys left vel and got picked up by Noble.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, I'm an idiot. I thought those were specific stats for the Cloud 9 - Winterfox series. But of course they are disproportionate to 1 series.

Na, the entire weekend- i deleted the excel file and screenshot-ed and old post. Confusing sorry haha. 

s3zdie.jpg

Based on stats alone it would have made sense dropping Heinz for Cloud, but at the event that clearly was not the case.

I wouldn't say Arkanum is a bad pickup, but at the same time you really don't know until you see it first-hand. 

so who is wfx dropping for arkanum? is noble going to have a halo team? what is aries doing?

so who is wfx dropping for arkanum? is noble going to have a halo team? what is aries doing?

Contra. Like I said, Noble now has the ex-Velocity boys. idk, drugs?

WFX dropped Contra. Noble picked up the Velocity roster. Aries isn't "official" yet(But he's joining Ninja, Shooter, and Spartan on TL)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

so what is velocity going to do? who is contra playing for? WHAT IS GOING ON.

• Downvote (-1) 1

can we talk about how this is the most publicity the HCS has gotten....

The great thing to come out of this is even more publicity that MCC is still not working as intended, more public it is maybe the harder 343 will try?

• Upvote (+1) 3

so what is velocity going to do? who is contra playing for? WHAT IS GOING ON.

We picked up Burton, DarkScorpion and Krizen.

• Upvote (+1) 5