CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Naded said he can't confirm anything but supposedly it was slipped last night that Arkanum has replaced Contra.

If that's true it's a huge step up for WFX. Not that Contra isn't a really good player, but I think Arkanum is one of the best in H2A. Top 4 IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Naded said he can't confirm anything but supposedly it was slipped last night that Arkanum has replaced Contra on WFX.

Thats a great fucking team. Still think Arkanum should replace Randa though. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

SOME PLAYERS have no mental game. It's just weird how small things can alter the mindset. The human brain just confuses me.

One of the twelve players I've coached literally said he couldn't play in pants, and that he needed shorts.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When asked about team changes Naded said, "I don't think we can say anything yet..."

Could be nothing, but him saying "we" seems to imply that Naded's staying on Winterfox and that they've changed their lineup.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In sports, people who whine about bad calls or refs "screwing them over" almost also lose or suffer because of it.

If you're able to stay strong, move on, not dwell on it, and realize what's done is done, you'll make it out okay.

Clearly WFX let their emotions and lack of mental fortitude get the best of them. They should have moved on from it and came out mad/stronger. Instead, they did the opposite and got spanked in the full replay.

"Only the strong survive" or something... EG almost never lets anything get to them. This is one of their best qualities.

I do not disagree at all. I just feel like people are throwing it away a non factor. Everything is a factor, whether it be the mental game, a player performing poorly, the other team being on fire or anything else that can effect the outcome of the game. No factor should be thrown away and no factor should be viewed as the end all be all of a match either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arkanum, Ryanoob, Naded, and Randa

Sounds like a good squad. It seems like contra keeps changing teams

• Upvote (+1) 3

I do not disagree at all. I just feel like people are throwing it away a non factor. Everything is a factor, whether it be the mental game, a player performing poorly, the other team being on fire or anything else that can effect the outcome of the game. No factor should be thrown away and no factor should be viewed as the end all be all of a match either.

Everything is a factor sure, but that's adversity. 

You persevere in the face of adversity. 

The Senators just got fucked out of a goal by a bad call by the ref against the Canadians (hockey). They're down by 1 and face elimination from the playoffs. Do they admit defeat, focus on this BS call, and sulk so that they end up playing golf next week? 

Or do they put it behind them and score a fucking goal and tie the game? 

See what I mean? You CAN'T let that shit get to your head. Winners don't. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Senators just got fucked out of a goal by a bad call by the ref against the Canadians (hockey). They're down by 1 and face elimination from the playoffs. Do they admit defeat, focus on this BS call, and sulk so that they end up playing golf next week?

#GoHabsGo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I agree. It's just worth discussing evey factor in my opinion. I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone losing. Only the best team deserves to win. That team, until proven otherwise, is EG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, Contra has taken all his WFX stuff off his twitter profile, while Naded still has it on. 

Probably dropped because of personality conflicts. Not Contra's fault, but Arkanum is very easy-going, and that's important on a team with Randa/Noob/Naded lol. Similar playstyle as well. 

Pretty much confirmed at this point  :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 3

One of the twelve players I've coached literally said he couldn't play in pants, and that he needed shorts.

Thats totally reasonable people are used to a certain way and deviating makes them uncomfortable, Ex. NBA players and sleeved jerseys. Comfort is comfort 

Yeah, I agree. It's just worth discussing evey factor in my opinion. I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone losing. Only the best team deserves to win. That team, until proven otherwise, is EG.

Word!

#GoHabsGo

Price is the real MVP <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the new Noble team will have 7th seed. No points forfeited. (Would've been 8th, but old NB team did forfeit points).

Actually 6th if WFX forfeits their points.

I don't think wfx are gonna loose their seed. They are probably gonna wait till transfer period and then drop contra and pick up arkanum. Keeping their seed in the process I believe

Now I am curious to see what the remaining members of the old Noble Black will do.

Just waiting on that @@Prototype VLOG... :ghost:

Now I am curious to see what the remaining members of the old Noble Black will do.

Just waiting on that @@Prototype VLOG... :ghost:

Best case scenario for him, IMO:

Aries, Prototype, Str8 Sick, Shooter/Contra . 

Just dont get dropping Contra. He played very well last tourney.

He played the best on their team, but he doesn't have any objective urgency. If he is ring 3 or the opposite teams carbine, he won't leave for any reason. But I think he is a really good slayer. I guess we'll just have to wait to see the real WFX changes because even I don't know what the hell is going on anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

He played the best on their team, but he doesn't have any objective urgency. If he is ring 3 or the opposite teams carbine, he won't leave for any reason. But I think he is a really good slayer. I guess we'll just have to wait to see the real WFX changes because even I don't know what the hell is going on anymore. 

Would you say Ace was right when he said Contra plays like he's in a 1v1?

Would you say Ace was right when he said Contra plays like he's in a 1v1?

To a certain extent, but not really. He knows what is going on around him and has good awareness. His slaying awareness is amazing but as far as knowing when and what to push in objective games he could get better at that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

SOME PLAYERS have no mental game. It's just weird how small things can alter the mindset. The human brain just confuses me.

Glad someone in your position said it, this is something I have noticed for years. A lot of players like to brag about how good their individual ability is, as if it's the only thing they need to get on good teams or to be considered a good player, then I watch them completely fall apart in scrims after one loss and it's hilarious to me. It reminds me of the average halo player complaining about getting tea-bagged in a game, i'm like...are you fucking serious, this is what you choose to complain about and lose focus from...a player crouching on your body? SOFT. Hell I've seen pros lose focus from silly shit like this, but you can tell which players have strong mental games when you see how they react from a poor performance individual or team wise. I'd never want to team with weak minded players if I was competing at events.

The mental part of halo gets overlooked by flashy plays and then teams wonder why they fail when they think they've built a roster with players that don't miss or put up huge numbers. All it takes is one loss or a teammate saying "you're doing the wrong thing" and the dominoes start falling..

• Upvote (+1) 9

We really are nothing without motts  :lxthul:

• Downvote (-1) 1

Wait, you mean I don't have to stay on street when my teammate just spawned behind me in our rocks?  But I'm a better shot than he is, he shouldn't be trusted to set up and slay here on Street.  He should go get the OBJ while I stay right here until they push me out.

• Upvote (+1) 2