CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency and not only was it extremely nice, but it had plenty of room to host something. There was also a nice bar in the lobby where everyone could congregate and wallow in their sorrows =)

Yeah, the Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, Westin, and Sheraton are all fantastic hotels. Super clean and nice. That area is where we host Dragon*Con, which generally brings a super gigantic turnout. They would be great locations for the HCS, but I think it all boils down to the budget of the tournament organizer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure how this is off topic seeing as it is in response to people saying H2A is dead...

But yes like pretty much all the pros said it is a very dreary town with a bunch of sketch balls. The guys working at Taco Bell tried to sell me movie tickets like he was moving drugs.

"I can get you 2 for $10 or 4 for $15"

I can't make this shit up

Did you buy them though? That price is a real steal. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not sure how this is off topic seeing as it is in response to people saying H2A is dead...

But yes like pretty much all the pros said it is a very dreary town with a bunch of sketch balls. The guys working at Taco Bell tried to sell me movie tickets like he was moving drugs.

"I can get you 2 for $10 or 4 for $15"

I can't make this shit up

I meant that my post kinda went off-topic because it was only tangentially related to your larger point about h2a. 

I hadn't heard those kinda deets. That does sound unbelievably sketch. There's a good chance I'm just trying to convince myself here, but I feel like it must have been in a  pretty crumby area of town. Thx for the reply.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I genuinely love Atlanta, but yeah the roads are a huge bitch. Didn't help that it was 420 Fest all weekend, so random streets would be closed, making finding the building annoying as hell. 

I think that if the HCS stops by Atlanta again, it should be at a hotel like the Marriott or Westin or something. Those hotels are where we host Dragon*Con, and would be much better hosts for something like the HCS. Hell, maybe next time have the event during Dragon*Con. That would bring a ton of people in. 

What is dragon con...

Nevermind I looked it up, I was thinking it was that brony convention. Glad I was wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off-topic. Mods, delete or move to event feedback if you feel the need:

I'm genuinely curious about this Atlanta hate thing since you weren't the only one to mention it. My opinion: I don't know what area the event was in, but Atlanta-- if you know where to look-- definitely has a bunch of cool restaurants and bars. Compared to other Southern cities, it's not hip like Nashville yet, but it's definitely a thriving metropolitan city. Maybe it's just not a non-driver friendly place? And the taxis suck? Or maybe it just was a bleh part of town (if Noble's hotel was any indication)? I mean, I've never visited Michigan, but I'd guess there's more going on in Atlanta than Ypsilanti (G4G).

I don't really understand the Atlanta hate either. I've visited many times and always found it to be a pleasant place. Of course there are some sketchy areas--but that's true of most big cities. There are also a lot of cool parts of town (Buckhead sticks out). You are def right that it's not as hip as Nashville--but I find the comments that there "was nothing to do" kind of hilarious. It seems like a lot of these people were stuck in a nasty hotel in a sketch part of town and are judging the whole city based on that. Like what did they expect from the Quality Inn or Ramada? I'm pretty sure those places would be gross no matter what city you are in.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't really understand the Atlanta hate either. I've visited many times and always found it to be a pleasant place. Of course there are some sketchy areas--but that's true of most big cities. There are also a lot of cool parts of town (Buckhead sticks out). You are def right that it's not as hip as Nashville--but I find the comments that there "was nothing to do" kind of hilarious. It seems like a lot of these people were stuck in a nasty hotel in a sketch part of town and are judging the whole city based on that. Like what did they expect from the Quality Inn or Ramada? I'm pretty sure those places would be gross no matter what city you are in.

ya that was kind of my logic. I think we need Ghandi's opinion here now that he's lived/worked there a little time. Maybe he should have been leading the post-event pub crawls?

I guess I didnt really think about WHY it seemed shitty. Thinking back on it I guess it was really just bad timing. It rained every day and the sun never showed itself so it was dreary. And so many roads were closed due to construction and this 4/20 fest that was going on so it was extremely frustrating trying to go anywhere. Maybe I personally had a bad experience, nothing seemed to go right. The valet lost our car for an hour which made us late to the venue Saturday morning so we could not warm up for our series against Noble Black, Siri got us lost so many times due to roads being closed, you could not get food anywhere really (McDonalds didnt have a drive thru or anywhere to park), the waitress that was serving OpTic at the Hard Rock Cafe spilled barbecue sauce all over 2 of my teammates clothes and didnt say sorry, instead he brought out ginger ale and a wet nap and said good luck essentially. Someone also stole my bag that had my controller, USB cord, phone charger, and Gunnars in it. Maybe the stars aligned perfectly for me to have a shitty perception but all I know is I didnt like it lol. And I stayed at the Hyatt Regency which is like the second nicest hotel in ATL.  That on top of all the people seeming sketchy and the fact that many pros made comments about how they were not having a great time outside of the event really drove it home for me that I would not be making a return visit to ATL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like the main issue with Atlanta was the location. It was in the Georgia World Congress Center, which is a huge center with 3 giant buildings. Plus, 420 Fest was going on the same weekend, and there was a marathon Saturday morning, so some major roads were closed. Navigation was definitely a bitch, which I can see causing a big problem for players and attendees. I think this is an issue that can be fixed by just changing the location of the venue. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do we know yet whats happening with any of these NB members?

Sorry about the off topic post, but I just wanted to say that I love your profile pic. 

Also, don't think we know anything about NB at all so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Surely the term "Reach Kid" has to be a postive thing now seeing the pros that were making their breakthrough during the MLG 2011 season (Mikwen, Lethul, Sbite, Royal 2 etc..) are now are in the top 4 teams and in my opinion the 4 pros i named above are some of the most exciting players to watch nowadays..... Mikwen on Sunday though..... PURE :flames:

Without the reach kids their wouldn't be that many players for H2A, not many came from the H4 days that I can remember, maybe contra.

Yeah, but what about fixing the return of uneven teams and getting split up from the people you're searching with?

Yeah, but what about fixing the return of uneven teams and getting split up from the people you're searching with?

Did you not read the twitter message, SWAT will be added back. That's all that matter, who needs even teams.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Progress? I sure hope there is more than 32+ teams signed up for a free tournament worth 3k. They should tweet this out everyday but we all know they wont. Baby steps.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Progress? I sure hope there is more than 32+ teams signed up for a free tournament worth 3k. They should tweet this out everyday but we all know they wont. Baby steps.  

I 100% agree with this Coachmayyne, 

MCC is becoming more and more bearable to play and with FREE to enter tournaments worth 3k each they need to market this heavily. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

It was in the heart of Atlanta, so yes, it was heavily congested and filled with homeless people and sketches. Atlanta has always been a densely populated city with a shitty road layout. It is either 3rd or 4th in the nation in terms of traffic (behind NYC, LA, and maybe Chicago) and its airport has been the busiest airport in the world every year for over a decade. 

However, Atlanta also has a lot of fun stuff to do, but that's if you're visiting simply to enjoy the city for what it is... not attend a Halo event.

tl;dr: It pains me to say this because it's the only way I can attend events anymore, but Atlanta isn't ideal for a Halo event.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Combination of which 4 players can take down EG?

Pistola, Heinz, Hysteria, APG.

• Upvote (+1) 4