CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So tracking the stats for the streams this weekend is going to be a bitch.

To lighten the mood a little here I'm just going to make some wild team predictions.

CLG - Ogre 2, Ola, APG, Naded/Cloud

Ola probably won't leave C9 and APG probably won't leave Denial, which would both be good decisions but watching both these teams would be amazing.

I like your style... I would lovvve that CLG team, especially with Naded.

Yeah it would be amazing if 343 incentivized the casual diehard Halo fans to tune into the HCS streams. Obviously a lot of them wouldn't stick around for future events but I'm sure there would be a few that would find HCS and competitive Halo I terestig and start to follow the scene. Pretty much the way we all got into MLG back in the day. We tuned in, got interested, and stuck around with the scene.

Does Halo have a bigger prize pool than CoD?

http://www.reddit.com/r/CoDCompetitive/comments/33i4zc/does_anyone_else_find_it_worrying_that_big/

very interesting discussion.

made me lol when Adam from MLG jumps in trying to get the point across across regarding MLG prize pools.

Adam is right though, lol. CoD has more money per season + CoD Champs with $1mill up for grabs.

The big organizations involved in Halo aren't here for MCC, they aren't here for stream numbers. If they are here for those reasons then they clearly didn't do any research and blindly jumped in.

Any smart organization is here to see if Halo 5 blows up. If it is pulling the same numbers as MCC they will all skip out of here faster than AGL Brad booking his flight to Cuba.

• Upvote (+1) 9

^^ All these missed opportunities are seriously heartbreaking.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pretty entertaining to see how much people are underestimating how much is going to be put behind H5.

H2A is nothing. It is simply a placeholder for the future. It is not an indication. It is not sustainable.

H5 will mop the floor with CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Pretty entertaining to see how much people are underestimating how much is going to be put behind H5.

H2A is nothing. It is simply a placeholder for the future. It is not an indication. It is not sustainable.

As much as I'd love for you to be right, this is a bold statement cotton.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1st Bold: Stop.

2nd Bold: Sure.

3rd Bold: No. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Throwing money isn't going to fix fundamental HCS issues, we saw how little traction came from the Halo 4 Global Championship.

If fundamentals are fixed with their team, advertising is actually used by 343i/MS and the game is good then we should have a good shot to see competitive Halo grow again, but I can't see Halo ever "mopping the floor of CoD".

• Upvote (+1) 1

1st Bold: Stop.

2nd Bold: Sure.

3rd Bold: No. 

K, thanks for your contribution to the discussion Saucey!

Throwing money isn't going to fix fundamental HCS issues, we saw how little traction came from the Halo 4 Global Championship.

If fundamentals are fixed with their team, advertising is actually used by 343i/MS and the game is good then we should have a good shot to see competitive Halo grow again, but I can't see Halo ever "mopping the floor of CoD".

This is how you properly respond.

I agree completely. It would be great for Halo to "mop the floor with CoD", but it's not necessary (or likely). We just want a league that is successful and self-sustainable (on it's own merits). 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I tend to agree. I have high hopes for Halo 5 as an esport, and I think it's going to be a night and day difference between H2A HCS and H5 HCS in terms of how 343 treats it.

As far as the game itself goes, it might not be the most competitive, but as long as it is competitive it'll be fine.

That said, I think we're a LONG ways away from competing with CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MLG built a culture though and worked hard on improving their product from the beginning, with the last event the HCS staff did very little to advertise the event beforehand and the stream numbers really reflected that. You can't just spam the crap out of it during the weekend and expect people to show.

Have to do things like:

• Lead-up Content (Written or Video)
  • In-Game Messages on Halo 4 & MCC
  • Using Halo/Xbox social media to advertise the HCS before the event
  • Xbox 360/Xbox One Dashboard Advertisements
  • Pros vs Joes Nights (Have Pros play HCS Playlist with the community to match, win HCS gear)
  • Small Halo 5 tidbits (HUNT the TRUTH Series) to attract casual gamers on Sundays
  • Upload tournament VoD to Youtube, The Halo Channel isn't that big to attract new people.
A lot of this stuff seems like no brainers at this point to grow the HCS, but hey it's a "test season" so who are we (or at least me) to complain. I just can't see how people can settle for the bare minimum like that.
If 343 is going to insist on keeping the VOD content on the Halo Channel, then they need to make the app available on iOS and Android. Right now, it's only available on Windows 8.1 and Xbox One. They're limiting their ability to reach their target audience, which doesn't make business sense.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I tend to agree. I have high hopes for Halo 5 as an esport, and I think it's going to be a night and day difference between H2A HCS and H5 HCS in terms of how 343 treats it.

As far as the game itself goes, it might not be the most competitive, but as long as it is competitive it'll be fine.

That said, I think we're a LONG ways away from competing with CoD.

Agreed. But CoD used to be a LONG ways away from competing with Halo.

Everybody is stuck in the past, and the present. They do not realize that 343 have their eyes on H5, and have this whole time. HCS is a mere backbone for what H5 is going to bring to the table. Call me an optimist, but the obvious is the obvious. They will reach a broader audience and the numbers will skyrocket. Whether people like it or not.

There are already 6 ProAsylum H5 tournaments scheduled in EU for 2016. The is astronomical compared to what the EU will have this year. And that is just one organization. And the game doesn't even come out for half a year.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo will never "mop the floor" against Call of Duty because of it being multi platform, and they just simply have made better games than Halo in the past few years.

Example: Halo 4 vs Blackops2 ... if we want to talk about a game "mopping the floor", that is the best and most recent example. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If 343 is going to insist on keeping the VOD content on the Halo Channel, then they need to make the app available on iOS and Android. Right now, it's only available on Windows 8.1 and Xbox One. They're limiting their ability to reach their target audience, which doesn't make business sense.

I guess I get trying to grow their app, but at the same time I just don't see why they double up and grow their brand. I can understand not wanting to spam the Halo Youtube with VoD, so why not just a sister HCS channel and grow that? MLG did that with CoD/LoL/etc and they are now huge.

What platform is pro COD played on?

Currently Xbox One, was 360 and PS3 years back.

Halo will never "mop the floor" against Call of Duty because of it being multi platform, and they just simply have made better games than Halo in the past few years.

Example: Halo 4 vs Blackops2 ... if we want to talk about a game "mopping the floor", that is the best and most recent example. 

Pretty much. The question is, what is our bar for success with Halo 5? What are realistic goals in comparison to CoD? 

Currently Xbox One, was 360 and PS3 years back.

Wait seriously? PS3 too? Damn, I don't know how I missed that. 

I guess I get trying to grow their app, but at the same time I just don't see why they double up and grow their brand. I can understand not wanting to spam the Halo Youtube with VoD, so why not just a sister HCS channel and grow that? MLG did that with CoD/LoL/etc and they are now huge.

This a good idea. Probably the smartest route they can go. 

But I DO agree that they need to allow the APP on more than just X1 and W8.1. It's FAR too restrictive and seriously limiting it's reach/growth. 

I fully support the halo community and the activities that are presently going on and eveything that was but I will not support H5 and it's very similar rendition (upgrade may be term to use) a the shit game they put into production a few years ago in H4......I feel that do the current gameplay in H5 as well as the complete lack of attention they have given to MCC which many core players were so heavily leaning on to be there fall back to just be able to play nostalgia Halo will end up creating a negative effect on any potential growth of Halo 5 (I know I personally have drawn the line in the sand I will not continue to watch this franchise demise over yet another failure of a game been fooled twice now)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1