CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

fqwf.jpg

@@LethuL is retiring B O Y S

I literally don't care about anything in life anymore, this was the last thing I needed to accomplish. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I watched every MLG Reach and AGL H4 event and in my humble opinion, Formal was no doubt the real deal.  I was skeptical at first as well but when I watched him join Dynasty with Heinz, Destin and Tiz and go on to win MLG Orlando 2011, I could see what all the hype was about.  Although he has had some "flashy" plays, he is more laid-back, consistent and patient of a player.  Especially in Reach, his sniper was Top1; I personally don't believe there was a better sniper in Reach than Formal.  Much of that carried over to H4, and the team of Ola, Snipedown, Heinz and Formal was very strong as you can imagine.  No one believed that you could have 2 sniper-slayers on the same role as they had with Snip3 and Formal, but that showed that talent will usually overcome play styles.  He was personally never the most exciting player to watch and that was just because he was usually sitting back with sniper whenever I watched (which I understand was his duty) but I enjoy the Ola's, APG's, NInja's, Naded, etc.  Those players that rush and challenge the majority of the time.  That is how I have always played Halo, just run-n-gun, guns a blazin'; which has lead to me going double-digit negative on more than one occasion :).

But yes, Formal was in the Top4/Top6 when he was playing Halo.  If you look his placing, he was also pretty successful considering he only attended one Halo3 event, and virtually came out of no where in Reach when it was released. 

This MLG Top 10 video may help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGHFXRA57Kg

Yeah I remember once Formal streaming Reach and he got a killtrocity with just the snipe where the last kill was a nice noscope and he didn't even make a sound the whole time he was getting it. I was pretty surprised. Someone like Ninja would have probably freaked out halfway through the multikill and choked hard on it. Wish he would come back.

Am I the only one that noticed Ninja say he likes green at the end of his vlog? Obviously Ninja to Optic.

This would be interesting. I'd be afraid of the inevitable Optic fanboys though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just have a few questions about Formal if anyone wants to enlighten me. (I Know all about Enable)

Ive never actually got to watch much of Formal. I instantly hated Reach and Halo4 so due to bad games and school commitments I watched little of the scene.

So I always look abit sideways when I see people talk about Formal as a Halo GOAT. Ive watched alot of him in the COD scene and he wrecks at it, and when Optic tried to get a godsquad together there was no surprise he was asked to join but was he really THAT good at halo?

I understand alot of people give me the GOAT status as he is generally just a beast with a controller in his hands. I dont doubt he was a beast at halo either but I find it hard to believe he is as good as 2gre 1gre Pistola, Roy, Lunchbox, Walshy, Strongside, NEighbour in there prime. (Formal is in his prime right now)

I saw him play the H2A invitational he was good but never stood out to me. But than again its not like he was in his halo groove.

He was, hands down, the best sniper in Reach. Also, probably the best slayer in general. He has raw talent when it comes to fps.

Serious question: how did people go from H3 to Reach, and actually enjoy it? I have never sat through a whole game of MLG Reach, nor have I wanted to play it ever. Yet, all the pros seemed to play it, and people don't mind bringing up Reach fondly. Yet people hate h4 and h5, but they felt more like halo than Reach looks like. You cant even complain about sprint, since that's in Reach too.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No Bloom No Sprint settings in reach were the shit and way better than H3 to me. Only thing holding reach back was maps at that point.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Surely the term "Reach Kid" has to be a postive thing now seeing the pros that were making their breakthrough during the MLG 2011 season (Mikwen, Lethul, Sbite, Royal 2 etc..) are now are in the top 4 teams and in my opinion the 4 pros i named above are some of the most exciting players to watch nowadays..... Mikwen on Sunday though..... PURE :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This would be interesting. I'd be afraid of the inevitable Optic fanboys though.

It really would be and would make sense because Ninja like creating content and streaming and all that

• Upvote (+1) 1

Serious question: how did people go from H3 to Reach, and actually enjoy it? I have never sat through a whole game of MLG Reach, nor have I wanted to play it ever. Yet, all the pros seemed to play it, and people don't mind bringing up Reach fondly. Yet people hate h4 and h5, but they felt more like halo than Reach looks like. You cant even complain about sprint, since that's in Reach too.

People hated on reach all the time and many hated it. When people talk about Reach in a positive manner it is No bloom and No sprint Reach. Unfortunately we only got one event with that

Am I the only one that noticed Ninja say he likes green at the end of his vlog? Obviously Ninja to Optic.

There is literally 0% chance of this.

Ace, Assault and Flame will always stay as a trio and Maniac is moving into the Optic house. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because we still had hope it would be fixed or changed and our prayers were answered with the eventual v7 settings we used. Zero bloom, no Sprint, great maps, etc.

I was 14 at the time and just getting into competitive so for me it was an easy transition. Just turned 19 and my life has changed, I go to Uni, I have other life priorities, but I still enjoy competing on the side of my life, rather than it being more at the forefront like it was in 4 years ago. 

I think Reach from a casual level was good and competitively there WAS a scene, it didn't die down until the end of the game, whereas for Halo 4 there was only one event before everything fell apart, so there was no real chance for it to get good and hence it never did. 

That's probably why the Launch of Halo 5 is going to be so important, but at least with HCS we have a safenet, as there is no chance HCS is going to drop Halo ;)

That's probably the only reason H2A isn't dead (competitively) so at least we have to thank 343 for that, even if there is a lot of incompetence 

So, did @@Prototype actually give out some #intel on stream, or was it just a ploy to get more viewers?  :lxthul:

Ninja to CLG in place of 2gre.

JK, 'twas merely a ploy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In terms of Optic's media barrage foundation, this makes the most sense. Ninja's likable, he streams often, and he could make a ton of YouTube videos.

In terms of competition, I'm not sure, but I hope he finally lands on his feet. Poor guy deserves it at this point.

In terms of Optic's media barrage foundation, this makes the most sense. Ninja's likable, he streams often, and he could make a ton of YouTube videos.

In terms of competition, I'm not sure, but I hope he finally lands on his feet. Poor guy deserves it at this point.

He's had it pretty rough over the last few weeks.

- Dropped by C9

- Dropped by Denial

- Dropped by NB

- Get's Reality Checked with Warriors 2.0 and Spartan

- Joins NB again only to realise it wasn't working.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's like you've never seen Snipedown before? 

Ofc. Just saying generally. And Mikwen to me stood out on the weekend. He also reminds me of Cloud in the Halo 3 days on Instinct, he was so fast with that sniper.

He was personally never the most exciting player to watch and that was just because he was usually sitting back with sniper whenever I watched (which I understand was his duty) but I enjoy the Ola's, APG's, NInja's, Naded, etc.  

Been a while since AGL but I remember Formal as an extremely aggressive sniper and I have memories of him using the sniper as a shotgun. I also have memories that Gandhi said that he was the most aggressive (talented) sniper ever. 

No Bloom No Sprint settings in reach were the shit and way better than H3 to me. Only thing holding reach back was maps at that point.

True but there were a few things which could have been done better. Goldpro had a 4sk DMR that worked pretty good and also grenades didn't drop the whole shield on these settings. As you said map choice was pretty poor and stuff like zero bloom oddball and zero bloom assault never had a chance.

I felt like Reach (sure with a shit ton of modifications) was the best 4v4 Halo (even if H2C was pretty close).

Cowley from eSports Blogger interviewed Nemassist from Velocity yesterday.  Check it out...

Interview

My link button isn't working, can someone embed the URL? Thanks.

Cowley from eSports Blogger interviewed Nemassist from Velocity yesterday.  Check it out...

esportsblogger.net/2015/o4/22/

My link button isn't working, can someone embed the URL? Thanks.

EG are really good, but not that much better than us.” Interview with Velocity Nemassist

That title was definitely there to bring in the viewers!! :P