CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The skill-gap was larger back then overall, the competition can seem "more fierce" now because the players hit a certain plateau with skill then it comes down to teamwork.

StK/3D/FB just didn't stumble into winning 8 straight on LAN, they were just that much better than the competition.

I agree that they were much better than the competition, which is why the wins were easier to come by. I think the argument Eric is making, is that wins are harder to come by, therefore the competition is more fierce. And there is merit to that side of the coin.

Edit: Sorry edited the last post ;)

Just had a 30 minute Shrine bomb game end 0-0. FML.

On the topic of competition, I think there were more skilled teams (Top 12 could contend for an event in some cases) but overall Halo is being played at a much higher level now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like during Halo 2 and Halo 3 you had at-least 10-12 teams who could all compete for a Top 8 spot before the talent dipped slightly, but those teams if on fire could make some plays.  In the HCS you have around 6 or 7 teams and then the talent takes a nosedive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On a serious note, thank you to those who did support us this weekend. We ended up placing 4th, which is okay I guess, but not anywhere good enough or what I wanted.We still have mistakes and things to work on, but we will come back stronger and harder. I'm gonna go back into post event hibernation though, bye <3

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I won't really ever compare us to FB, but I disagree with you when you say there was more competition back then. The game has evolved, and players and what it means to be a team are better than they were back then. Back then, there weren't even mics on headphones, communication is 10x what it was

I can't bring myself to neg this, you're a great guy and really great for the esport.

But you're wrong, there was more than 5x the amount of teams that registered for events. I know that quantity doesn't always transfer to quality, but there were 30 players back then that were considered truly elite that were not apart of FB or Carbon.  

To add to the decline of competitiveness, 2 players who would make every team better, including EG, don't even play.  Which is hard to believe, but true. (Formal and Enable)

• Upvote (+1) 1

If another pro comes in here and says how amazing and loud the crowd was I might cry. :(

Crowd mics pleaseeeeee. I'm so beyond jealous I'll never know just how hype the crowd was. I bet it would have made the event 100x more exciting and hype to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All I know is Pistola's ground pounds are on point!

Too soon?

I'm happy someone finally said what we were all thinking.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Wall of information, values and feeelings.

This kind of community communication is awesome. :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 2

But i thought they hated each other from that mean tweet Ogre 2 did?

:lol:

durershands.JPG

cut that check

How would anyone ever think that competition now is even close to the halo 2 days. It's not even comparable.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H2 competition was way better and fierce. There was like 4 times as many teams so you had to play more rounds. Their was more elite/above average players back then. The talent pool was huge. Plus the glitches themselves add a whole nother layer to that. Every team dodnt have a headset its not like one team had advantages over the other. If anything thats more impressive since you could hear the crowd and all the venue noise and had to filter it out.

Halos talent pool isn't what it used to be

Most of the elite North American FPSers are either playing cod or CS

And you can't really blame them for bailing, halo isn't what it used to be

I am the definition of a stat whore and I regularly masturbate to Halotracker. But I have strongly mixed feelings about those stats on IG leaderboards. I love the dedication from IG to arrange all the stats but when aPG, Chig, Mikwen, Heinz have the ranks of 13, 19, 29 and 37, something is not correct. Halo is team oriented and the only thing that matters are the placings. And I hate the fact that Heinz from an "individual player performance" always seems to be "pretty bad" when the exact opposite is true, quoting GoldenboyFTW:

"Throughout the entirety of the #HCS Richie Heinz has not placed outside of the top 2."

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is awesome, where did you guys have this lan? Also is ZMNX the same guy that was always playing XBC, he's the only other Canadian I ever saw on there when I went on.

We had it at Mad Max's in Brampton, and yes thats him.