CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Prototype to join Str8 Sick on eLevate and Spartan to NB?

I don't know anything about eLevate's composition other than Str8 Sick so I have no idea if this would be feasible.

Gab + Munoz will definitely stay on Elevate, so, depending on his IGATL performance, Shooter is the only possible drop for prototype IMHO.

So are Legit and T2 officially done then? Both of them haven't said much regarding their future even though everyone assumes T2 and Str8 are retired.

I wasn't surprised by how well C9 performed. And Victory X has a long history of tearing it up.

A seriously underrated player when you look back at what he's accomplished. Just solidly consistent and exciting to watch.

I'd rate his shot, movement and ability to stay alive up there with the best of them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So are Legit and T2 officially done then? Both of them haven't said much regarding their future even though everyone assumes T2 and Str8 are retired.

T2 had a big retirement stream. Says he'll stay in E-sports somehow, but not casting or creating Str8 org. Retiring the name. 

Heard nothing from Legit.

They're not assumptions. T2 said it on stream that he was retiring as was Str8 Rippin. I don't know why he hasn't said anything official about it on social media though...

What about Goofy too? I still think Legit and him could compete for a top spot if they just put some time into it. Anyone heard anything?

If Aries & Prototype weren't long-time teammates and friends, I think we would've seen a Prototype drop, Spartan pick-up by now. Could still happen though.

It's literally just been a day. It's too soon to tell anything. Besides, teams cant change rosters until after the next online cup. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

T2 had a big retirement stream. Says he'll stay in E-sports somehow, but not casting or creating Str8 org. Retiring the name. 

Heard nothing from Legit.

You would think he would make an announcement on twitter or something he owes the community that much at least. Interesting that he wants to stay in e-sports though, that either means getting involved with the HCS or MLG unless he has something else planned. Legit should still compete though, he's been average in H2A but if he hasn't really been dedicated at all from what I have heard.

What about Goofy too? I still think Legit and him could compete for a top spot if they just put some time into it. Anyone heard anything?

Goofy seems to have disappeared after the Warriors 2.0 team fell apart. He didn't tweet about Atlanta at all or anything like that.

I don't think him or Legit put enough time in, you could tell that Ninja and Spartan were getting annoyed by it. Especially after they got Reality Checked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Goofy seems to have disappeared after the Warriors 2.0 team fell apart. He didn't tweet about Atlanta at all or anything like that.

I don't think him or Legit put enough time in, you could tell that Ninja and Spartan were getting annoyed by it. Especially after they got Reality Checked.

Well, Goofy is in engineering school, pretty much impossible to do that and grind for HCS.

It's literally just been a day. It's too soon to tell anything. Besides, teams cant change rosters until after the next online cup. 

You're right. That cup could make the decision easier, one way or another.

Well, Goofy is in engineering school, pretty much impossible to do that and grind for HCS.

Oh yeah, it's not his fault. I just don't think it really suited Ninja and Spartan that much considering they are grinding every night for hours. Especially with how Goofy is a bit out of practice.

I see eX staying together unless Spartan leaves or Unlegit gets a really good team offer. Kevin was killing it this weekend and of course Spartan is used to being on a top 8 team(which I think eX has the potential to be.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like since End Result is not competing this season, Krizen has decided to go through his clips, and has made a bunch of quick montages recently.

This one is full of clips from XBC, lots of community people in this tage. I enjoyed it, recommend you all check it out, seems to uploading a lot recently! #content

Every time I see Halo 2 videos now I look at how the maps look, and they actually look so much better in my opinion without all the detail. And I never get tired of Halo 2 videos. :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have something I'm not understanding at all. So why is it that HCS doesn't do the best of 11 continuation series like they did in the MLG days.

For example today EG beat denial 3-0, when they played them again the series should have been 3-0 best of 11. Why I think this matters is because EG technically beat denial 8-4 today. At the point EG was up 2-0 in the third denial series, if denial won 3 In a row to win the tourney, the overall tournament series would have been still 7-6 EG.

This makes zero sense to me whatsoever.....why would the team with the less wins win the event. I would love to see the continuation series come back. Not just in the finals but in general it makes way more sense to me.

There are so many things MLG did better than HCS. Continuation series was one of them.

But I remember the wide crowd shots during the MLG days and the huge beautiful mainstages. Hearing the crowd clearly when someone get's a sick headshot. This was because the commentators were sitting just above/behind the crowd so their mics would pick up the crowds noice. The hype during the MLG events was amazing. I don't know if they had mics in the crowd but they could have done that as well. They always had the venue spot on from a viewer standpoint

I like were we are right now with HCS but there are many things that we could improve on and we could learn a lot from MLG.

The halo crowd in terms of enthusiasm is right back to where it was in the h3 days. It was awesome to be a part of the crowd cheering for every headshot and insane multikill or outplayed.

That is amazing to hear! But we as the viewers don't hear them as much as we did during the H3 days, but this could be easily fixed. If they fixed it, I would get more hyped up from watching hearing the crowd cheering.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A seriously underrated player when you look back at what he's accomplished. Just solidly consistent and exciting to watch.

I'd rate his shot, movement and ability to stay alive up there with the best of them.

Victory X has always been a good player, but I think his problem has been that he's picked loyalty over any players that would help him placings. During his Final Boss era with Pistola, Fear, and Ogre 2. The reason that his team was so good in my opinion is because they each played their part and was able to have teamwork that helped them win. With his stint in C9 with ninja it was hard for them to place as well as they should of due to their teamwork not being up to par. No offense to ninja, but his playstyle just never fit for the team. If he's comfortable like he was in IG ATL he's a top tier player who can do anything to get the W, when he doesn't have to worry about everyone one.

The halo crowd in terms of enthusiasm is right back to where it was in the h3 days. It was awesome to be a part of the crowd cheering for every headshot and insane multikill or outplayed.

Not wanting to troll, but you stated that Flamesword is mean. Would you care to say that you've said insulting things to other pro's as well and have no right to say anything. Rather ironic.

nice to know that you know exactly what's going through their heads

there's this wonderful invention called twitter where people post their thoughts in 160 characters or less.. so uh, yeah. I sort of do. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

considering they have a rotation of commentators, why dont they just get the "off-screen" commentators to do the interviews?

• Upvote (+1) 1

They need to put the crowd mics onso we can hear them going crazy like the old days

• Upvote (+1) 1