CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

- After Game 2 of C9/Winterfox, Pistola yelled "You gotta scrim EG more!", making fun of the fact that Winterfox left scrimming with them to scrim with EG saying Cloud 9 wasn't making them better.

I got this (and a lot of other funny things) on film when I was standing behind Winterfox. I'll post it later this week when I get some free time

• Upvote (+1) 2

An interviewer who knows the community would make such a difference, so many questions and comments could be made in these interviews. 

ex. Asking Lethul about the slump, asking Denial about the curse, talking to ninja about spartan after they NB beat eX.

Instead, we have manufactured boring interviews (ignoring the fact that they were butchered altogether).

Lots of technical issues this tourney, especially at peak viewers times which is not good.

On a positive note the matchups were amazing, Strongside was a welcomed addition to the casting crew, and the stat tracking was awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I missed most of the tourney today,what was the peak viewer count? 

It's too bad the HCS isn't Halo 2 or even Halo 3. I really think it would get more viewers that way. Right now there's a Melee tourney with 25k people and that's a 13 year old game, so I think anyone that says it would't work because it's "too old" is clueless.

• Upvote (+1) 4

http://igleaderboards.com/

Some interesting things I noted:

-Arkanum and Pistola had the highest k/d spreads with +120 and +118 respectively

-Ogre2 the most negative player in the top 8

-Victory X had the most flag caps and ball time

-Roy with 13 bomb arms

-LANsteria only went +8

-Suddoth 1 +44, Suddoth2 -6

• Upvote (+1) 8

http://igleaderboards.com/

Some interesting things I noted:

-Arkanum and Pistola had the highest k/d spreads with +120 and +118 respectively

-Ogre2 the most negative player in the top 8

-Victory X had the most flag caps and ball time

-Roy with 13 bomb arms

-LANsteria only went +8

-Suddoth 1 +44, Suddoth2 -6

-Arkanum and Pistola are superslayers because they are both FFA gods.

-Ogre 2 is now the OBJ player for CLG

-VicX is a habitual flanker and huge playmaker.

-Roy does whatever it takes to win and is usually last alive.

-Hysteria can now play more relaxed with Pistola's unbelievable ability to stay alive. 

-Sudd1 always outslays his brother, that's the way they work. If he wasn't then something is wrong.

Nothing interesting really. No offense, just saying. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Ogre 2 cannot compete individually against nearly any player in the top 3 and it is what will hold his team back from winning. There's being a bait player, and then there's losing every single engagement possible due to poor shot/movement. Negi 12 in two team slayer games is not cutting it, he needs to improve.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 14

Ogre 2 cannot compete individually against nearly any player in the top 3 and it is what will hold his team back from winning. There's being a bait player, and then there's losing every single engagement possible due to poor shot/movement. Negi 12 in two team slayer games is not cutting it, he needs to improve.

I saw him out BR top pros numerous times on stream. It's not about his abilities. I think it is more about his role on the team coupled with him having an off event. It happens. They were very under practiced and if you subtract his 5 worst games he had a positive overall KD. He just needs to not allow himself to have games like that and practice more. He definitely has the ability to be a top player.

• Downvote (-1) 2

yeah let's just ignore the fact that he was arguably their best player in the other games in that series.

CLG's problem is they're not aggressive enough, and are too uncoordinated at times.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Worst post I've seen in a while,  There were many times on stream where he was raping in both the C9 and EG series, winning plenty of 1v1's. Ignorance like this reminds me of people hating on Totz during h3.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It didn't seem like we got to see his POV that often this weekend and stats never tell the whole story. All I know is that the spree he had yesterday single handedly clearing out the opposing sniper hut on sanctuary was pretty damn GOAT. He might not consistently dominate like he did in the first several halo insallments but there is no doubt he brings a lot to the CLG team and can hang with the best.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

- After Game 2 of C9/Winterfox, Pistola yelled "You gotta scrim EG more!", making fun of the fact that Winterfox left scrimming with them to scrim with EG saying Cloud 9 wasn't making them better.

- Buckness/Contra had a quick argument as Winterfox left the mainstage to setup on the sidestage.

lol Pistola. Any other note worthy trash talk moments?

Also, care to comment @@Buckness?

I have something I'm not understanding at all. So why is it that HCS doesn't do the best of 11 continuation series like they did in the MLG days.

For example today EG beat denial 3-0, when they played them again the series should have been 3-0 best of 11. Why I think this matters is because EG technically beat denial 8-4 today. At the point EG was up 2-0 in the third denial series, if denial won 3 In a row to win the tourney, the overall tournament series would have been still 7-6 EG.

This makes zero sense to me whatsoever.....why would the team with the less wins win the event. I would love to see the continuation series come back. Not just in the finals but in general it makes way more sense to me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I have something I'm not understanding at all. So why is it that HCS doesn't do the best of 11 continuation series like they did in the MLG days.

For example today EG beat denial 3-0, when they played them again the series should have been 3-0 best of 11. Why I think this matters is because EG technically beat denial 8-4 today. At the point EG was up 2-0 in the third denial series, if denial won 3 In a row to win the tourney, the overall tournament series would have been still 7-6 EG.

This makes zero sense to me whatsoever.....why would the team with the less wins win the event. I would love to see the continuation series come back. Not just in the finals but in general it makes way more sense to me.

I've had this issue for a long time but every tournament organizer I talk to about it just says "Well this isn't MLG"

I've had this issue for a long time but every tournament organizer I talk to about it just says "Well this isn't MLG"

Haha it just seems to me the team with the most wins should win the series. Not really a matter of who does what. Just what makes the most sense.

Haha it just seems to me the team with the most wins should win the series. Not really a matter of who does what. Just what makes the most sense.

No, I'm saying I always push the continuation on TO's and when they ask for me to explain I'll usually add "...and MLG has always done it this way." to maybe reinforce the subject but it never works, lol. Bunch of stubborn people.

No, I'm saying I always push the continuation on TO's and when they ask for me to explain I'll usually add "...and MLG has always done it this way." to maybe reinforce the subject but it never works, lol. Bunch of stubborn people.

We're on the same page. Hopefully somebody will listen to you one of these days lol, just seems like it's the best way to me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Well it doesn't really help that the map/gametype rotation isn't that huge at the moment. IMO seeing the same 3 maps being rotated between each other in a bo5 series is already bad enough. Hopefully once they implement new maps/gametypes it will give event organizers a better reason to extend continuation matches to a bo11 series.

Well considering they removed Hill gametypes for the rest of the tourney after that C9/Winterfox series, they only had 9 gametypes.