CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Please know that we are always listening and are aware of the broader Halo community, including this particular corner's concerns/feedback/opinions.

Tashi

So either you (343) or the players are lying here. Because everyone is saying you don't listen or communicate.

between us and you, well "just how you remember it".

And ricochet. Lockout TS too for that matter.

God, EG and its fanboys are so full of themselves - the same people who made a HUGE deal out of the Sudds quadhosting, now say it's NBD. The games that EG won were so close, that TR could have won them on LAN. 

One person said something about quadhost not being a huge deal and now every EG fanboy is so full of him self? Bullshit. Does quadhost matter, yes. Do I think Team Randa would have won on lan, maybe. But at the end of the day I am an EG fan and they are still in the tournament while Team Randa is not, quadhosting or not. I also never said anything about the Sudds quadhosting so stop your bullshit and have a nice day.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

All this EG and Team Randa talk....

Congrats on the #purplewall getting such a die hard fan base so fast.

EG is still the team to beat ladies and gentlemen. CLG had very similar results as Team Randa when scrimming EG during Season 1. (Even towards the end of the season)

But we seen that EG on LAN playing for something was much different. They were completely dominant.

I wouldn't even mind EG losing (not a fanboy, although I am a fan of some of their players), because I really don't like teams winning over and over and over again, but the truth is that they are that good.

Interested to see if #TeamRanda can carry some of their online success in scrims to IG Atlanta.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't even mind EG losing (not a fanboy, although I am a fan of some of their players), because I really don't like teams winning over and over and over again.

H2a doesn't nearly have the skill gap for any team to dominate for too long

• Upvote (+1) 2

God, EG and its fanboys are so full of themselves - the same people who made a HUGE deal out of the Sudds quadhosting, now say it's NBD. The games that EG won were so close, that TR could have won them on LAN.

Who are these same people making a big deal out of the sudds quad hosting?

Who the fuck cares if the sudds quad host? Lmao. The games looked fair, regardless of host.

You want to act like quad host was the reason they lost, please go for it. The games TR lost were cause of bad plays. MAYBE that shrine flag was questionable or maybe Contra choked? Who knows, it's up to him to decide. Maybe it would have been 3-0 if EG didn't choke warlord ball (one of their worst game types). Team randa is the most practiced team right now, and it clearly shows, but at the end of the day some bad plays cost them a few games. Same can be said for EG. But if EG can play like garbage as they did yesterday and still get the W, that's all that matters. They'll learn from it and move on. I fully expect the EG we know from s1 to show up at IG ATL after a good week of practice.

like I said, if you want to act like quad host was the reason they lost, go for it, it's a wonderful quality to have in a competitive environment (excuses that is), but it won't change the fact that EG is in the tourney still. It's never good to blame

everything else but yourself for a loss, it's a bad quality to pick up. That's why I trash EG so hard when they lose (insertlxthulface b/c I don't know how to do it on mobile).

The salt is real, boys. You know what that means?

WEBACK

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If quad host wasn't present TR would've won easily.

They made some bad plays that cost them a couple games, so no lol

Did you watch the series or just assume quad host = auto win?

I can guarantee if ryanoob didn't hate me he'd agree some bad plays cost them a few games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey all, apologies for the relative radio silence, I've been traveling and chatting directly with Pros when I can, along with doing other work and trying to enjoy some family time.(My nieces were literally jumping on top of me while I was trying to work haha) I know tensions and emotions are high right now, but we ask for a little more patience as we'll have an update coming later today. Please know that we are always listening and are aware of the broader Halo community, including this particular corner's concerns/feedback/opinions.

Thanks,

Tashi

good to hear
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not saying there were no mistakes made by Team Randa, but when you are playing the best team on their quad host, those mistakes are amplified.

When Team Randa was winning when they first formed, a lot of people were saying it was because Randa had host. Now, when EG has quad host, people are saying host doesn't matter on xbl. Maybe Team Randa would have lost regardless, but please do not act like host is not a major factor online.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm not saying there were no mistakes made by Team Randa, but when you are playing the best team on their quad host, those mistakes are amplified.

When Team Randa was winning when they first formed, a lot of people were saying it was because Randa had host. Now, when EG has quad host, people are saying host doesn't matter on xbl. Maybe Team Randa would have lost regardless, but please do not act like host is not a major factor online.

Who the fuck said Team Randa was winning because of Randas host? MAYBE a few at the beginning, but they were always a good team, not to mention they barely play on host (do they ever?).

I'm not saying quad host doesn't matter, but it wasn't the sole reason EG won. Like I said though, if EG can play as bad as they did yesterday and STILL win, then fuck it, EG/fans will take it. 

Who the fuck said Team Randa was winning because of Randas host? MAYBE a few at the beginning, but they were always a good team, not to mention they barely play on host (do they ever?).

I'm not saying quad host doesn't matter, but it wasn't the sole reason EG won. Like I said though, if EG can play as bad as they did yesterday and STILL win, then fuck it, EG/fans will take it.

If you actually read my post, you would have noticed I said people said that when the team first formed and always played on Randa's host.

You just said EG played poorly and still won. Maybe that doesn't happen if they play poorly and do not have quad host. Maybe it does. You said earlier that Randa lost because of misplays and downplayed the role of host in those games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you actually read my post, you would have noticed I said people said that when the team first formed and always played on Randa's host.

You just said EG played poorly and still won. Maybe that doesn't happen if they play poorly and do not have quad host. Maybe it does. You said earlier that Randa lost because of misplays and downplayed the role of host in those games.

Maybe I'm emphasizing the word "poorly" too much. EG played well enough, but not "great" by EG standards, to still win. I don't think quad host was the SOLE reason they won. That's why I mentioned some misplays by TR. 

Does that make better sense?

Maybe I'm emphasizing the word "poorly" too much. EG played well enough, but not "great" by EG standards, to still win. I don't think quad host was the SOLE reason they won. That's why I mentioned some misplays by TR. 

Does that make sense?

Yeah, I think we're actually in agreement here. I don't think it's the only reason either. I just think it was a factor, just like the TR misplays were a factor.

Yeah, I think we're actually in agreement here. I don't think it's the only reason either. I just think it was a factor, just like the TR misplays were a factor.

Completely agree. 

Also, off topic to our discussion (kind of), this is what I love to see:

Super excited for another good day of Halo. Between the UGC lan, the PGL tourney, pre season cup #2 tomorrow (least excited for this because lol ricochet) and IG ATL next week, Halo fans are in for some good fucking times. 

Particular corner? You know that for every post about HCS in Waypoint HCS forum there is 100 post here at Beyond about HCS? Beyond is not a particular corner when it comes to Halo esport, it is the Madison Square Garden. The amount of knowledge, dedication, and care about Halo is mindboggling on Beyond so it is nice to hear that you guys are lurking here.

There's a reason we are called elsewhere. :lxthul:

Am I the only one that finds it completely counterproductive for people from 343 to copy/paste the same message to us every time they visit our forums? Like why say anything at all, that post was excuses, bullshit, and talking about his nieces like that's gonna make a difference for Ricochet.... Just don't say anything at all if you're gonna hit us with that 'soon' BS. @@Tashi

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one that finds it completely counterproductive for people from 343 to copy/paste the same message to us every time they visit our forums? Like why say anything at all, that post was excuses, bullshit, and talking about his nieces like that's gonna make a difference for Ricochet.... Just don't say anything at all if you're gonna hit us with that 'soon' BS. @@Tashi

It isn't just here. 343 hits everyone and every issue with "Soon". They put out "updates" for the update on the update. All they know how to do is type some random combination of sorry, soon, thanks, working hard and aware.  They do it because they have no details to share currently but aren't self aware enough to realize how stupid it makes them appear to be (as a company not individuals) when every single interaction from every single person at 343 is regurgitating the same garbage that everyone is actively pointing out and making fun of. They're just making themselves look like fools in an attempt to appear to have communication while doing their best to communicate nothing of substance. Someone, if there is any one person, that is in charge of their public image is failing on a massive scale.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's just too much to put into a video.. there were some hilarious things and I couldn't get enough of the crowd shots. Especially when Leqion was getting caught up on the T2 retirement and had to cover up his tears by going to the crowd.

Was Tashi's post the first post in this 400+ page thread about HCS Season 2 from 343i?

Everyone declaring that Team Randa would have won if EG wasn't quad hosting, or if it was on LAN, is operating under the assumption that Team Randa will play as well or better on LAN; which remains to be seen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I stand in Velocity's corner. They get no respect here, but I'm hoping they get by Noble to face EG or Optic on their quad host.