CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All of a sudden host matters guys

Didn't realize losing was playing better

#instigating

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just going to put this out there, do with it what you will.... Didn't EG complain about the 3v4i Pro team having quad host? I know they had it every game, but still...

Unless the quad host was really bad for Randa and the TR host was bad for all of EG, who cares?

It's just excuses, can't pick and choose when excuses matter ("in a slump", etc).

And it wasn't EG, it was Ace, Snipedown, Roy, and Ogre 2 I think. 

That was also H2 classic, idk how host affects that game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't follow H2A, but Host was *huge* in h2, way bigger than any halo aside from perhaps CE(though that was a different issue really).

PS: That feeling when you use asterisks for italics because you're on reddit too much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And it wasn't EG, it was Ace, Snipedown, Roy, and Ogre 2 I think. 

Oh ya, I'm stupid

A lot of you are acting like quad host doesn't mean jack, which is horrendously wrong.

Quad host, with the exception of Japanese and Australian host, is one of the most brutal things you can encounter online. Not even just connection wise, but the advantage of having your teammates next to you is just enormous.

If I'm EG, I'd be a little worried about Team Randa.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A lot of you are acting like quad host doesn't mean jack, which is horrendously wrong.

Quad host, with the exception of Japanese and Australian host, is one of the most brutal things you can encounter online. Not even just connection wise, but the advantage of having your teammates next to you is just enormous.

You can look for any excuse you want, at the end of the day, EG needs to continue practicing more and play like they did at the end of season 1. 

The quad host is a big deal but not as huge as most of you are making it out to be. There were mistakes made on both sides that series, both teams will tell you that. 

EG can finally get in some consistent and quality practice this next week, I'm confident they'll continue to win no matter what excuses people make for the teams they beat. 

None of this discredits Team Randa, they are a very good team, top 3 right now. Very excited for IG ATL. Gonna be great stuff. 

My dream scenario is CLG vs TR early on. I think this matchup is gonna be so good on LAN. Would love a TR vs EG or CLG vs EG finals. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

thats why you're not EG lxthulFace
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Just wanted to say thank you man for putting in the time and effort to continuously provide the forums with these great visuals from the matches. I'm sure it takes some time to screen cap, edit and add your own touches on each of them. I appreciate the dedication.

I second this. Thanks to everyone who participates in it. Its awesome to see.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just watched the replay of the EG vs Team Randa series for the PGL tourney.  G5 on Lockdown TS, was very intense.  I watched the match from Ryanoob's POV, and he had 3 costly deaths (2 falling off the map and then at the end of the match he accidentally naded himself top BR, fell top open ramp and got cleaned up from Top Blue).  Not saying that is the reason they lost G5, but did look like it cost them some crucial map positioning that could've possibly locked up the game for them.  Overall though, I was very impressed with Ryanoob's gameplay throughout the series and the victory of CLG in the series before.  He was stomping, including an Overkill and several Triple Kills throughout the match.  It was my first time watching Team Randa from one of their member's POVs and I must say, this team now has me fully convinced that they have the tools to really do some damage in s2.  I was skeptical, like others I would imagine, but seeing it first hand, they really work with with one another; and most of all, they don't seem to get rattled when things aren't going their way.  Hats off to EG, for taking that series.  EG didn't look their best, but that's what champions do.  They manage to pull off victories when they are not at their best and the other team is thriving.  

Couldn't be more excited to watch the conclusion of this weekend's tournament and IG Atlanta next weekend.  Some great storylines going in and I just hope everything runs smoothly.  I know the controversy the past week with gametypes and forge maps being introduced has made some sour, but I'm just thankful we even have something this competitive to watch compared to where we were a one year ago when it seemed that all hope was lost. (Even started watching some CoD at the time just to fill the void....it was depressing).

Stoked to be on the forums all weekend to see everyone else's thoughts.  Like always, thank you Beyond for providing us the platform to interact with one another and be a part of something as special as Halo.

Just want to clear it up because there were multiple comments in my stream about it. I jumped off on purpose both times because I would've died either way so that was the way to do the most damage.

Hey all, apologies for the relative radio silence, I've been traveling and chatting directly with Pros when I can, along with doing other work and trying to enjoy some family time.(My nieces were literally jumping on top of me while I was trying to work haha) I know tensions and emotions are high right now, but we ask for a little more patience as we'll have an update coming later today. Please know that we are always listening and are aware of the broader Halo community, including this particular corner's concerns/feedback/opinions.

Thanks,

Tashi

• Upvote (+1) 13
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Hey all, apologies for the relative radio silence, I've been traveling and chatting directly with Pros when I can, along with doing other work and trying to enjoy some family time.(My nieces were literally jumping on top of me while I was trying to work haha) I know tensions and emotions are high right now, but we ask for a little more patience as we'll have an update coming later today. Please know that we are always listening and are aware of the broader Halo community, including this particular corner's concerns/feedback/opinions.

Thanks,

Tashi

No Ricochet confirmed.

Right?

RIGHT?!?

• Upvote (+1) 5

We have been reading this statement repeatedly since Nov 12th 2012.

I think it is safe to say, that "patience" has about run its course in the broader Halo community as well as this particular corner.

You beat me to the punch. All I read here was "Updates coming soon".

Ultimately all that will be said is that ricochet is confirmed until preseason cup #2, and at that time they'll decide if it stays or goes.

Doesn't matter who they talk to, pros, or Joe Schmoe, their opinions apparently go unheard.

• Upvote (+1) 8

God, EG and its fanboys are so full of themselves - the same people who made a HUGE deal out of the Sudds quadhosting, now say it's NBD. The games that EG won were so close, that TR could have won them on LAN. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

God, EG and its fanboys are so full of themselves - the same people who made a HUGE deal out of the Sudds quadhosting, now say it's NBD. The games that EG won were so close, that TR could have won them on LAN. 

Good thing it wasn't on LAN then.  :lxthul:

But yeah, EG didn't look too good yesterday.