CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"Halo 2 Anniversary is a slow game, Ricochet is fast paced, you cant force it."

that has to be the lamest argument of all time. 

referring to your 3 bolded points:

1) you dont know that, you will need to wait and see. 1 tournament is too small a sample size. 

2) no they do not, but they will. because money.

3) beyond gaming hive mind is not the majority of the halo community. People are going to watch it regardless. 

I still dont see the big deal. Its announced, try it(seriously). If its competitive and fun to watch? awesome. If it doesnt, ok immediately take it out. However, even if this does "work out" NOBODY on here is going to say, "you know what i did enjoy watching it" because everyone is set on it being cancer. I agree with what @@GoldenboyFTW said and i think people need to just have an open mind. What is the worst thing that can happen?? Halo isnt going to die off, pros will still attend future events and the majority of people on here are still going to watch it.

Is it short notice? sure, they should have announced it earlier. Its not the end of the world. Its not the end of halo. I feel like an old man telling people to calm down but seriously....calm down.

You ignored everything else and focused on half of what I posted.

If you think Ricochet will somehow undo the Master Chief Collections horrid reputation and launch and increase viewership tenfold, then okay.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I am running a league, I dont want the players in said league to begrudgingly playing for cash only. You want them to enjoy what they are doing. 

Nobody ever said Beyond was the majority of the Halo community, anywhere. However, we are the competitive Halo community 100% - and this is the competitive league for Halo, so put two and two together.  Also no HCS season 1 event pulled over 30,000 concurrent viewers at any point in time, the closest being S1 Finals getting I believe 23 or 24,000... and I wouldnt really call that a win for a $100,000 tournament.  So sure, people will watch regardless but it isnt a crazy impressive amount. 

Ricochet isnt the end of the world I agree, but you are missing the point. The practice of trying to jam in gametypes and maps 9 days before a $25,000 tournament is honestly the real issue at hand. It doesnt matter if it is Ricochet, or not - and the fact they thought 9 days was an acceptable time frame for players to play new maps and gametypes is mind numbing.

Anyways, I don't really care enough about this topic to argue about it anymore - if ricochet is in I probably just wont tune in for those matches. Just isnt particularly enjoyable. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

If the game developers do not listen to professional Halo players, then professional Halo players might not necessarily play the game "because money".

We have two examples Reach, and Halo 4 of professional Halo players not playing a game just "because money".

The money will be lost with viewership. 

Viewership will be lost with professional players not playing.

Professional players will be lost when they have to play a game they no longer enjoy.

A really simple progression of events that has happened not only to the Halo franchise twice before, but many other franchises many other times.

The community and the professional Halo players are simply trying to keep a game that they love and enjoy.

Im not sure i understand your first two sentences. Are you saying pros played reach and h4 for something other than money? Because even if the viewership wasnt there(compared to mlg) these guys were still profiting by placing well because somebody (agl/ngl/iron gaming etc.) was willing to hold a tournament with a payout. Pros were not going to play these games for the love of the game only, they kept playing because they thought they had a legitimate shot at cashing out. (if a pro wants to step in and say otherwise i will gladly eat my words)

also what money will be lost with viewership?(im assuming you mean a decrease in viewership). Also one of my points was that we dont know if viewership goes down or pros quit becasue none of this has happened. That could very well happen. Im saying to wait and see how this all plays out thats all. For the record im neutral to ricochet, and as a viewer im excited to see what happens, good or bad. I just think people are talking of DEFINITE consequences and lasting effects of an event that hasnt even happened yet.

Not to hype us up but this was the best MCC stream of all time and it was all downhill from there.

Dude, it's still the funniest MCC stream to date. So hilarious. 

Burton Also Placed 7th.

Nice, pretty cool you guys are all living together (minus Burton). Seems like a good time to get chemistry going and make a push/practice more. 

Is burton moving in with you guys?

Also, was the competition tough for Septic in that FFA?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I felt dirty watching that gameplay from Randa.

As a Halo fan, it's just embarrassing.

You ignored everything else and focused on half of what I posted.

If you think Ricochet will somehow undo the Master Chief Collections horrid reputation and launch and increase viewership tenfold, then okay.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I am running a league, I dont want the players in said league to begrudgingly playing for cash only. You want them to enjoy what they are doing. 

Nobody ever said Beyond was the majority of the Halo community, anywhere. However, we are the competitive Halo community 100% - and this is the competitive league for Halo, so put two and two together.  Also no HCS season 1 event pulled over 30,000 concurrent viewers at any point in time, the closest being S1 Finals getting I believe 23 or 24,000... and I wouldnt really call that a win for a $100,000 tournament.  So sure, people will watch regardless but it isnt a crazy impressive amount. 

Ricochet isnt the end of the world I agree, but you are missing the point. The practice of trying to jam in gametypes and maps 9 days before a $25,000 tournament is honestly the real issue at hand.

never said it would increase or decrease viewers. You said it would absolutely not improve viewership. All im saying is we dont know what will happen because it hasnt happened.

i agree with you, you dont want players playing only for cash. I know they also play a game they love. If they were after cash only they would go the formal and enable route. I guess i was just showing a cynical point of view. Again all im saying is if the pros dont like it after serious consideration(tourney level) there is no way 343 makes them play it again.

you said "Does the majority of the community want to watch pro players play Ricochet for money? - Absolutely not. 

I assumed you were talking about the halo community as a whole because how can you say majority of the community when most of the halo fanbase and community doesnt even know this place exists? So about 24,000 viewers watched the finals, i dont know how many users are on this forum but it would be nowhere near the majority of those viewers, so how do you know all of them dont want to watch ricochet? If you are just saying the majority of THIS community, then i misread your post so disregard this paragraph.

On the other hand i think you may have misread the intentions of my posts. I didnt miss your point. I get that shoving this down the throat of the pros a week before is a huge concern. Im with everyone on that. But it happened. Ill say what i said the post before but my main points are

• i think people are talking of definite consequences and lasting effects of an event that hasnt even happened yet. 
  • the pros are still going to play this tournament
  • people on here are still going to watch
  • people will not give this a fair shot even if it is good and im positive if it isnt it will be removed anyway
  • Its not the end of halo
  • think people on here act a little too entitled and act like whatever settings/ideas/gametypes are discussed in here are what the majoriy of halo fans(competitve and casual) want. 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Im not sure i understand your first two sentences. Are you saying pros played reach and h4 for something other than money? Because even if the viewership wasnt there(compared to mlg) these guys were still profiting by placing well because somebody (agl/ngl/iron gaming etc.) was willing to hold a tournament with a payout. Pros were not going to play these games for the love of the game only, they kept playing because they thought they had a legitimate shot at cashing out. (if a pro wants to step in and say otherwise i will gladly eat my words)

also what money will be lost with viewership?(im assuming you mean a decrease in viewership). Also one of my points was that we dont know if viewership goes down or pros quit becasue none of this has happened. That could very well happen. Im saying to wait and see how this all plays out thats all. For the record im neutral to ricochet, and as a viewer im excited to see what happens, good or bad. I just think people are talking of DEFINITE consequences and lasting effects of an event that hasnt even happened yet.

Bottom line: These players could be playing CS:GO or CoD:AW. So to say that professional players only play for the money is wrong. They play it because they can make money playing a game that they love.

Nothing else of any value in your response to respond to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

calling it right now 343 will ban everyone complaining about ricochet in 343s ig atlanta stream

It is really sad what is happening to the Halo franchise and the competitive scene. There was so much hype for H2A and HCS but it will quickly fade just as fast as it sparked. It has so much potential but the developers/organizers keep repeating the same fallen history. I would make a list, but there is no point....

Bottom line: These players could be playing CS:GO or CoD:AW. So to say that professional players only play for the money is wrong. They play it because they can make money playing a game that they love.

Nothing else of any value in your response to respond to.

i agree. My point was they arent playing SOLEY because they love halo. Its a mixture of both. They wouldnt play in tournaments with no prize money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So that UGC event this weekend is just like free publicity for UGC and some practice and something for us to watch right? There is no money or anything?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So that UGC event this weekend is just like free publicity for UGC and some practice and something for us to watch right? There is no money or anything?

Pretty much. Just a standard pre-event LAN to get the attending teams some prep time.

sub only modes suck on twitch. that is all. i just want to get my troll on. :kappa:

sub only modes suck on twitch. that is all. i just want to get my troll on. :kappa:

Call me crazy, but I think that's the reason there is sub only mode... :saucey:

Since I can't ask in chat, anybody know the Denial/NB series? :(

You should give away 5 dollars to no real good cause to ask that question!

Call me crazy, but I think that's the reason there is sub only mode... :saucey:

9b3.png

:wutface:

He's right though. Really makes me not want to watch a stream when I can't tell people they're wrong and say "343bola".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1