CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How can they be so clueless.

I've been thinking this from almost day one.

Epicborough Keep is a remake of Epicenter, which was in matchmaking in Halo 4.  It was also used for an Iron Gaming event (may have been an online event?) for Ricochet (it was so bad I couldn't even watch it).  The name Epicborough Keep was meant to fit with the castle theme of the map, while maintaining a similarity to the original name.  I was forced to basically abandon the castle theme because forge map customs are broken and the game wouldn't allow 8 players to load the map, so I had to significantly reduce the number of pieces used.  The name is ridiculously bad, and was never meant to be taken seriously.  It's just a name.  They can rename to Epicrap for all I care.  :)

The map honestly plays worse than it did in Halo 4 imo, and I didn't expect it to be chosen even for the initial testing phase, much less make it to the final phase.  If I was picking maps, I wouldn't have chosen it.  The quality of 4v4 competitive forge maps in H2A is pretty low, for a number of reasons.  There really weren't any great options (inb4 Diesel plugs Tesla again :kappa:  - damnit...too slow).  I suspect Epicborough has made it as far as it has partially due to the reputation it built in Halo 4.  I hope I'm wrong and it ends up playing better than I expect.  As far as the remake rule, I think it was referring to remakes of developer maps, but I could be wrong.  It was a stupid rule anyway, given the fact that the entire game is essentially a remake of a previous game, with all of the maps being remakes.

Anyway, here's a walkthrough of Epicborough Keep:

I suspect it made it as far as it did because the brainless developers ran around the map at the office and thought it looked good. I sincerely doubt the maps were chosen based off of any sort of community/pro feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Major MysteerEO, on 09 Apr 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:snapback.png

Can we separate the issues?  What just happened has essentially eviscerated the competitive tension from HCS Season One. 

It's a completely new gametype scenario and could conceivably upset every prediction this single forum thread has talked about for over 375 pages!!!!

It has little to nothing to do with H5 sprint so please keep that issue separate

It actually is not a separate issue. The issue is that 343 does not care about anything other than 1 thing, and that's numbers. Ricochet is a desperate attempt to get viewers based solely on the fact that uplink is popular for viewers with cod. Everything stolen from other games and added into h5 is their desperate attempt to get people to play their game over cod. They don't care about their competitive league actually having competitive gametypes or maps, and they don't care about h5 being a good game.

Agreed, but you are missing my point. 

Ask yourself what is more likely to happen?   1) Recode a game to not include sprint (H5), or, 2)  leave Ricochet out of tournament play for S2 HCS? 

You are right about everything but you are also diluting the more timely argument that effects HCS now! 

#Biteoffwhatyoucanchew

You would think the pros were this vocal about not having sprint in h5

You really think it matters at this point? My guess is the pro team advised against it, the players obviously have, our community has along with a few more. If 343i wanted each player to start off with deer antlers, it will happen. There's a certain point that you don't fight it anymore, not because you give up, but because some things won't change.

It really is pathetic how clueless 343 is. All we needed was Midship and we get ricochet and relic instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You really think it matters at this point? My guess is the pro team advised against it, the players obviously have, our community has along with a few more. If 343i wanted each player to start off with deer antlers, it will happen. There's a certain point that you don't fight it anymore, not because you give up, but because some things won't change.

Deer antlers?  lmfao wtf

I genuinely believe that all we need to do is to have Pros post full games of them playing Ricochet and just physically show how poorly it works as a competitive gametype. Clips like @@Snip3down's are cool, but 343 isn't going to cut the gametype because of a single clip. We need teams to actually play and record games of Ricochet (without quitting out) and then send those videos to 343 so they can see how bad it is. They're going to have to just suck it up and scrim a few games in order to avoid actually having to play it in tournaments.

On a side note, Uplink literally only works in Advanced Warfare. Can you imagine if it was in Ghosts or BlOps 2? *shudders*

This is a reasonable response.

Also, I want to point out that the competitive community is larger than the pros and the small sum of people that post in this thread regarding Ricochet. I, as a spectator am a small part in this community. My opinion on Ricochet is that I would enjoy watching it played on a competitive level. You cannot deny that other spectators may feel the same way. It might be a lot; it might be a few. And I cannot deny my own opinion.

Pardon me if I'm wrong. But I haven't seen any legitimate gameplay of pro teams playing this.

This is one game type of many. Some people might like to tune in to tournaments to watch CTF on Shrine or a stalemate TS on Lockdown. Some people in this community might like to see this new Ricochet game played. And I tend to think that it has the potential to grow the viewership of Halo at tournaments.

I'm challenging you all to give this a fair shot and consider that part of this community--your community, our community--would actually enjoy this addition. And just might help it to expand.

• Upvote (+1) 3

On the flight back as we speak

Lol. Please edit in a  :kappa:

Also, #StayWithTheSudds . Want to see a Reality Check that doesn't lose its points every other weekend. :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cyrens sitting there making a good point and I'm just thinking in my head:

"What would Deer Antler starts on warlord play/look like?"

251.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm fairly certain that has never been the order...

Slayer - Objective - Slayer - Objective - Slayer (BO5)

Slayer - Objective - Slayer - Objective - Slayer (BO5)

Slayer (Tiebreaker 11 Gametype)

Memory could be failing me but I believe that is the correct format

So we can tell who never went to a MLG event......Objective - Slayer - Objective - Objective - Slayer (Best of 5) There is always 3OBJ in a Bo5

So we can tell who never went to a MLG event......Objective - Slayer - Objective - Objective - Slayer (Best of 5) There is always 3OBJ in a Bo5

You missed my post below that one. I mixed up Slayer and Objective in that post.

I was under the impression that it had always just alternated between the two but Lethul corrected me that it is actually 

Obj - Slayer - Obj - Obj - Slayer

Guess I never noticed the order, really, but yeah the post that you quoted was a mixup on my part.

They keep saying "wait until preseason cup 2 then we will decide after feedback" But the feedback has been given and the disgusting can of worms that is Ricochet have been opened and are infesting and spreading every hour this shit is still a potential gametype.

:lxthul:

post-20064-This-is-the-worst-gif-michael

• Upvote (+1) 4

They keep saying "wait until preseason cup 2 then we will decide after feedback" But the feedback has been given and the disgusting can of worms that is Ricochet have been opened and are infesting and spreading every hour this shit is still a potential gametype.

Out of + reps for the day, but this is pure  :goat:

#StayNoble

How come you think H2a's the slowest halo? jw

Its one of the slowest, basically this halo 3 and CE all with no sprint and these long kill times its just a slower halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because the BR is the worst weapon to ever exist in Halo, and it's the de facto utility weapon of every Halo game after CE (excluding Reach obviously).

• Downvote (-1) 15

This is a reasonable response.

Also, I want to point out that the competitive community is larger than the pros and the small sum of people that post in this thread regarding Ricochet. I, as a spectator am a small part in this community. My opinion on Ricochet is that I would enjoy watching it played on a competitive level. You cannot deny that other spectators may feel the same way. It might be a lot; it might be a few. And I cannot deny my own opinion.

Pardon me if I'm wrong. But I haven't seen any legitimate gameplay of pro teams playing this.

This is one game type of many. Some people might like to tune in to tournaments to watch CTF on Shrine or a stalemate TS on Lockdown. Some people in this community might like to see this new Ricochet game played. And I tend to think that it has the potential to grow the viewership of Halo at tournaments.

I'm challenging you all to give this a fair shot and consider that part of this community--your community, our community--would actually enjoy this addition. And just might help it to expand.

I'm sorry, this is probably going to come off slightly dickish. But you contradicted your self in this post. You claim you would enjoy watching it played on a competitive level, but you stated right after that you haven't "seen any legitimate gameplay of pro teams playing this". I get what you mean, you think you would have fun watching it even though you haven't actually seen it yet, but you may want to consider rephrasing.

Also, CLG and Noble Black kind of attempted to scrim it last night on Warlord. CLG ended the game after a minute or two the first time from frustration, then the second game lasted a little longer before Ninja rage quit out of the game. I know that's not a very legitimate effort, but very quickly the game devolved into "when getting shot, chuck it to the opponent's goal and score before dying", which pretty much rewarded just touching the ball. Over the course of the two matches, there was about three minutes of gameplay total, and they continued to scrim the other gametypes after, so it's not like they gave it a very good chance.

Who knows, maybe with more effort it could be better and you would be right. Personally, I'm of the opinion that it could never work in Halo 2 Anniversary, especially on the current maps selected.

I do appreciate your opinion though, sometimes we need a bit of a different perspective. :)

• Upvote (+1) 2