CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There was a poll done by Ghost on Waypoint and it wasn't 90% in favour of Sprint, not even close. 

I don't have the exact results but removing Sprint and adding back descope was winning with over 60%.

The results from a survey that 343 sent out said that the people wanting Sprint removed was the minority at 11%.

Thanks for correcting me. The bolded part is what I meant but 60% in favor of removing sprint and adding descope is a good sign.

Thanks for correcting me. The bolded part is what I meant but 60% in favor of removing sprint and adding descope is a good sign.

In the surveys there was no question that straight up asked, "Do you want to remove sprint?"

If ATL has less than 40 teams will they extend all the matches to bo5? I think 3 days for a 40-team tournament is more than enough time

They're also going to make it an all Ricochet tournament with slappers only variants, viewers eat that shit up.

They're also going to make it an all Ricochet tournament with slappers only variants, viewers eat that shit up.

I'd be cool if they had an all ricochet side tournament. there's gonna be a lot of free time that weekend if they don't sell more passes and I'm gonna need something to do after I get knocked out

343 has the luxury of having the entire competitive community dedicated to watching and playing their game, and yet they fail to utilize our feedback.  Instead of "hoping for the best" with ricochet, why not follow our advice?  We've been playing this game for a long time, is it so crazy to think that maybe we know what's best for halo? 

343 only cares about $$$$.  If they cared about the halo community they would not have released a broken game.  They have no idea how to utilize their resources (twitter/a link when you sign into xbl to the hcs stream) to make halo grow, so instead they resort to trying to copy Call of Duty's recipe for success. The people making the game altering decisions at 343 fail to recognize that the reason Call of Duty has been successful is because the game has a developer that actually listens to and takes advantage of community feedback. 

So instead of listening to the halo community and giving us ranks, we instead get more customizable armor options.  Halo 5 is just gong to be more of the same.  It's not that the 343 employees value their own opinion above the community of halo...  That is fair and perfectly acceptable.  It's that 343 is going against the advice of EVERYONE in the halo community.and deciding to do their own thing.  Our opinion does not matter.  What we want for halo 5 does not matter.  The halo community does not matter.  It seems as if the arrogance of 343 is on path to eventually run halo to the ground. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

They were the good cods right? Might be worth looking at if/when H5 sucks.

This is coming from a hardcore Halo fanboy.

343 what have you done.

There IS a CoD discussion thread, admin of Team Beyond.

CyReN is showing us the death of Halo. #HailTreyarch

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've stopped myself 3 times already From saying something cause it shouldn't bother me.... But planet fitness?.....

I feel better now that I've vomited out those words

Planet Shitness, the place where no one is judged except those who actually want to lift
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It stuns me that they would do this. Their reputation was hanging on by a thread, and people were beginning to have hope for the future. All they had to do was play it safe with season 2. 

Although I don't think it's only for money. Like, how does doing this benefit them or make them any money whatsoever, it doesn't. The only reason they would do this is because they want Halo to be more interesting to watch (makes them money), which is a good thing for everybody. But with this type of backlash it won't work. They needed to build more trust with us before trying anything like this.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

There IS a CoD discussion thread, admin of Team Beyond.

I like throwing things out of left field like the HCS team. :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Har har har

Tell us how you really feel    :kappa:

If this isn't the time to try cod I don't know what is. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Imagine the Super Bowl being played with the players wearing flags LOL!

right....shit would be stupid

Just finished writing nearly 2000 words on the subject, will be out later this evening for you all to read and hopefully spread everywhere so 343 gets the point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If this isn't the time to try cod I don't know what is. 

It would literally hurt seeing favorite pro players leave Halo. Wtf are you doing 343?!

Right+in+the+feels+bro+_1aeada4fc67382ce

• Upvote (+1) 3

Epicborough Keep is a remake of Epicenter, which was in matchmaking in Halo 4.  It was also used for an Iron Gaming event (may have been an online event?) for Ricochet (it was so bad I couldn't even watch it).  The name Epicborough Keep was meant to fit with the castle theme of the map, while maintaining a similarity to the original name.  I was forced to basically abandon the castle theme because forge map customs are broken and the game wouldn't allow 8 players to load the map, so I had to significantly reduce the number of pieces used.  The name is ridiculously bad, and was never meant to be taken seriously.  It's just a name.  They can rename to Epicrap for all I care.  :)

The map honestly plays worse than it did in Halo 4 imo, and I didn't expect it to be chosen even for the initial testing phase, much less make it to the final phase.  If I was picking maps, I wouldn't have chosen it.  The quality of 4v4 competitive forge maps in H2A is pretty low, for a number of reasons.  There really weren't any great options (inb4 Diesel plugs Tesla again :kappa:  - damnit...too slow).  I suspect Epicborough has made it as far as it has partially due to the reputation it built in Halo 4.  I hope I'm wrong and it ends up playing better than I expect.  As far as the remake rule, I think it was referring to remakes of developer maps, but I could be wrong.  It was a stupid rule anyway, given the fact that the entire game is essentially a remake of a previous game, with all of the maps being remakes.

Anyway, here's a walkthrough of Epicborough Keep:

THIS GUY GETS IT I LOVE YOU 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd be cool if they had an all ricochet side tournament. there's gonna be a lot of free time that weekend if they don't sell more passes and I'm gonna need something to do after I get knocked out

Enter the Grifball tournament.

Also, im actually psyched for Blops3, if its anything like previous two, it will be great.