CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you don't run a "competitive" league with non-competitive stuff...it's ********. Look at professional sports, which is what "e-sports" is trying to model itself after....343 is doing it wrong.

Imagine the Super Bowl being played with the players wearing flags LOL!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine the Super Bowl being played with the players wearing flags LOL!

I mean, the NFL has been slowly implementing rules that are definitely not good for the game the last few years. Just sayin'

A better example would be bringing back the replacement refs just because of how entertaining it was.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No its always been 6 objectives and 5 slayers.

wut

Sorry, had a brain aneurysm when I typed that.

Mixed the two up.

Objective - Slayer - Objective - Slayer - Objective (BO5 x2)

Then a tiebreaker Slayer for the 11th Gametype.

Sorry, had a brain aneurysm when I typed that.

Mixed the two up.

Objective - Slayer - Objective - Slayer - Objective (BO5 x2)

Then a tiebreaker Slayer for the 11th Gametype.

........... DUDE

Obj, Slayer, Obj, Obj, Slayer. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well a year ago, I would've been fine with ricochet in the cycle if it meant keeping the scene alive.

So with that said, I'm tentatively fine with ricochet. 

So we ignore the whole Sprint fiasco in Halo 5 because they said they will tone it down for us and we get really deep into H2A because they finally 100+ days after the release somewhat fix their game and because there are a lot of juicy team changes, former teammates talking shit, rivalries now, etc.

.........now 343 hits us with "Oh since they let us finally get away with Sprint we are going to do what we want yet again....lets follow CoD"

When will this company get it?

Can we separate the issues?  What just happened has essentially eviscerated the competitive tension from HCS Season One. 

It's a completely new gametype scenario and could conceivably upset every prediction this single forum thread has talked about for over 375 pages!!!!

It has little to nothing to do with H5 sprint so please keep that issue separate 

Eh and this is why I have no confidence in 343 designing the competitive settings for halo 5.

Can we separate the issues?  What just happened has essentially eviscerated the competitive tension from HCS Season One. 

It's a completely new gametype scenario and could conceivably upset every prediction this single forum thread has talked about for over 375 pages!!!!

It has little to nothing to do with H5 sprint so please keep that issue separate 

It actually is not a separate issue. The issue is that 343 does not care about anything other than 1 thing, and that's numbers. Ricochet is a desperate attempt to get viewers based solely on the fact that uplink is popular for viewers with cod. Everything stolen from other games and added into h5 is their desperate attempt to get people to play their game over cod. They don't care about their competitive league actually having competitive gametypes or maps, and they don't care about h5 being a good game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Stop it man. Nobody of the forgers is as salty as you right now. Also if there was one map on the list that is dog shit most of the people would have agreed that it is Tesla.

Venom, Athelon, epicborough, Erupt. Temple was awful compared to hive and oracle. GTFO

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just played a quick test series.

I have high hopes for Epicborough, although spawns don't work for Slayer.

Was not a fan of Eden, too big, spawns are weird, and host has way too big of an advantage.

Also top mid hill is a power position, makes milking the first hill too easy.

Warlord Ricochet 100% does not work, and needs to go. Not like we needed anymore Warlords anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hail Midship!

Yes actually, it is the single best competitive map in halo, I'm not saying it's my favorite, but it is the best. TS, Ball, CTF, Assault, KOTH, and FFA all work very well on it

• Upvote (+1) 1

So let me get this straight 343 creates H2a to use it as the competitive game for the HCS , yet they remake only 3 "competitive maps so instead of remaking more maps or putting in more originally their idea is to shove a game mode which none of the pros want for their own satisfaction? Also take into account it's implemented just 1 week before the only LAN event before S2 finals.

No wonder T2 quit you try to trust 343/MS going forward with Halo and you only have to laugh at how bad they are.

My guess is this a tester for Halo 5 where to they want to make their own game modes.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So are Richochet and these two new maps going to be used this weekend? There's no way 343 would do that so soon right?