CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And some people still believe that 343 gives a shit about what the players and community wants..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Can someone give me tl;dr? sounds like a massive shitstorm

will +rep

No-one likes Ricochet except 343.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can someone give me tl;dr? sounds like a massive shitstorm

will +rep

Ricochet is apparently being added for Season 2.  It sucks.  Everyone's pissed.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Epicborough would be unplayable.  The kill zones which are needed to prevent players from escaping the map will automatically cause the ball to reset.  Without a roof over the map, players can literally just throw the ball over the walls (or straight up in the air for that matter) and force the ball to reset repeatedly.

Yep, you can't throw too high or the ball resets.

RIP Extraction, the great H2A gametype that never was.

Its hilarious isn't it? One of the few (if not the only) good things to come out of Halo 4, and it doesn't even get carried over to the next game. 343.

I would rather watch Invasion in the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So why can't we just use the good old CTF, Oddball, Slayer, Bomb, KoTH gametypes? And let's get this straight....11 gametypes should be the max...no discussion....11 gametypes has been a staple of competitive halo to allow for balance......6 objective and 5 slayers

Objective

Slayer

Objective

Objective

Slayer

Objective

Slayer

Objective

Objective

Slayer

Slayer

Like, I'm trying to see their POV.

Are they possibly thinking the viewership has gone down because of the 3 maps and certain gametypes, and not the 100+ days of the game being literally broken that caused viewers to not watch? I just can't buy the new viewership reason and "it's fun".

Six hours before news broke out on this forum that ricochet was gonna get added, this post with people asking for it to be added to HCS was on the front page of /r/halo http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/31vtkw/why_doesnt_anyone_ever_vote_for_ricochet/

It didn't receive much traffic and have posts that generated a lot of upvotes, but I think it's clear that at least some players outside of the competitive scene who have an interest in watching it. They've probably seen some other feedback that shows a curious interest in the gameype and they probably don't want to give up on their baby, so they might be trying to garner more interest for both it and Halo 5 by showing it off in HCS. HCS is, after all, at least in part to advertise Halo and 343 is trying to show customers that they can be innovative with the Halo franchise and do fun stuff that Bungie didn't come up with.

I don't think that anyone believes that adding ricochet will garner much more attention to HCS, but I do think that they're desperately trying to get new viewership by trying to show off something different out of a need to salvage the amount of destruction MCC has done to their reputation. They're using HCS to promote a non-competitive agenda that fucks with us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Six hours before news broke out on this forum that ricochet was gonna get added, this post with people asking for it to be added to HCS was on the front page of /r/halo http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/31vtkw/why_doesnt_anyone_ever_vote_for_ricochet/

It didn't receive much traffic and have posts that generated a lot of upvotes, but I think it's clear that at least some players outside of the competitive scene who have an interest in watching it. They've probably seen some other feedback that shows a curious interest in the gameype and they probably don't want to give up on their baby, so they might be trying to garner more interest for both it and Halo 5 by showing it off in HCS. HCS is, after all, at least in part to advertise Halo and 343 is trying to show customers that they can be innovative with the Halo franchise and do fun stuff that Bungie didn't come up with.

I don't think that anyone believes that adding ricochet will garner much more attention to HCS, but I do think that they're desperately trying to get new viewership by trying to show off something different out of a need to salvage the amount of destruction MCC has done to their reputation. They're using HCS to promote a non-competitive agenda that fucks with us.

Too bad its gonna fail miserably when pro teams don't show up or play the gametype and no one watches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So why can't we just use the good old CTF, Oddball, Slayer, Bomb, KoTH gametypes? 

because 343 made a new one....

343 logic

:lol:

Can't wait till h5 HCS contains breakout and Ricoshit

Halo. Is. Dead.

Check the Sig Bro. Frankie confirmed it.  :ghost:

For real, what the hell was 343/ESL thinking? come on and those responses by 343 are just awful. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

i dont get it and never will understand why 343 have gone with h2a and not classic? solves everything but now 343 and slowly killing the scene with h2a with stale events with the same 3 maps over and over and over.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So why can't we just use the good old CTF, Oddball, Slayer, Bomb, KoTH gametypes? And let's get this straight....11 gametypes should be the max...no discussion....11 gametypes has been a staple of competitive halo to allow for balance......6 objective and 5 slayers

Objective

Slayer

Objective

Objective

Slayer

Objective

Slayer

Objective

Objective

Slayer

Slayer

I'm fairly certain that has never been the order...

Slayer - Objective - Slayer - Objective - Slayer (BO5)

Slayer (Tiebreaker 11 Gametype)

Memory could be failing me but I believe that is the correct format

• Downvote (-1) 2

No its always been 6 objectives and 5 slayers.

Good stuff.

I play MM a ton, and Ricochet ALWAYS gets chosen. Like every time it's an option. It's pretty fun in a non-competitive setting. 343 is probably looking at how popular it is with casuals and hoping that it will drive up viewership for the HCS stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

wut

• Upvote (+1) 3

Good stuff.

I play MM a ton, and Ricochet ALWAYS gets chosen. Like every time it's an option. It's pretty fun in a non-competitive setting. 343 is probably looking at how popular it is with casuals and hoping that it will drive up viewership for the HCS stuff.

you don't run a "competitive" league with non-competitive stuff...it's ********. Look at professional sports, which is what "e-sports" is trying to model itself after....343 is doing it wrong.