CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Everyone is gonna back out, it's not a group of me's sorry. 

What about if you're up like 5-0 in the finals and the 6th game is richoass, then would you not play one and accept a 6-1 win?

What about if you're up like 5-0 in the finals and the 6th game is richoass, then would you not play one and accept a 6-1 win?

yes

• Upvote (+1) 3

Been following competitive Halo since I was 10/11 and this is the first time I guaranteed wouldn't go to an event/play in a friendly scrim just cause of the gametypes lol never had an issue with the selection except Android

Ricochet will not work in H2A on maps where there are unlimited sightlines or throwlines to the bases. On shrine, once the ball leaves ring it can be scored. On Warlord, once the ball leaves bottom mid it can be scored. A ricochet map would need set points where the ball can be scored from (by throwing). There are not enough movement options in H2A to make it work with throwing otherwise. Uplink works in CoD: AW because players can move around the map very quickly as well as fly into the air to stop throws. Ricochet is too fast for H2A which is why you would need super segregated maps to slow it down. 

EDIT: 

https://twitter.com/CyReN_/status/586047385316397056

What does this even mean? No one wants to play a gametype that has had essentially no testing for 25k. We already know it wont work on the maps we currently have and all the people who actually compete in H2A don't want to play it. There isn't some hardcore ricochet faction in the competitive community. and if the top players arent playing, no one is going to watch. What a crock of shit.

Denial vs Team Randa (Heinz hosted all night)

Game 1: Warlord Flag - Randa won 4-2 (Denial was up 1-0, Randa was up 4-1, game ended early due to APG lag out)

vrf2tBx.png

Game 2: Shrine Bomb - Randa won 2-1 (Denial was up 1-0, Randa scored twice in less than a minute w/ about 5min remaining)

qarnuQ0.png

Game 3: Lockdown Hill - Randa won 170-164 (Denial was down 45 seconds with a minute left)

mUV5rtV.png

Game 4: Warlord Bomb - Denial won 5-4 (Randa was up 2-0, It was tied 2-2, tied 3-3)

pHWWN0g.png

Game 5: Lockdown Slayer - Denial won 50-46 (Denial was up 45-31)

uzD5fgF.png

Game 6: Shrine Flag - Denial won 2-1 (in overtime)

LnmUPwE.png

Game 7: Warlord Slayer - Denial won 50-45

DNlyQOK.png

Denial wins series 4-3

zJ3mtmq.png

JlrxKNf.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

Like, I'm trying to see their POV.

Are they possibly thinking the viewership has gone down because of the 3 maps and certain gametypes, and not the 100+ days of the game being literally broken that caused viewers to not watch? I just can't buy the new viewership reason and "it's fun".

• Upvote (+1) 4

Although I think Ricochet does have potential if it were to be implemented correctly on more viable maps, I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring back a gametype like Headhunter which requires strategy and if played with two very talented teams could be quite competitive.

Ricochet will not work in H2A on maps where there are unlimited sightlines or throwlines to the bases. On shrine, once the ball leaves ring it can be scored. On Warlord, once the ball leaves bottom mid it can be scored. A ricochet map would need set points where the ball can be scored from (by throwing). There are not enough movement options in H2A to make it work with throwing otherwise. Uplink works in CoD: AW because players can move around the map very quickly as well as fly into the air to stop throws. Ricochet is too fast for H2A which is why you would need super segregated maps to slow it down. 

This is correct. 

A lot of people are attributing Uplink's success in Advanced Warfare to CoD's fast kill times (a common buzzword that people use to think they understand CoD vs. Halo). 

While kill times and movement do factor in to Ricochet/Uplink's gameplay, the major problem here is the sight lines. Warlord, Shrine, and Epicborough all have ball spawns that are steps away from a throwing score.

Call of Duty forces player's to push from the middle ball spawn and incentivize players to go for 'dunks' rather than throws into the goal.

Sadly, H2A doesn't have a map that will allow this type of gameplay, so teams will mostly just be Slaying and throwing the ball in from a distance, which is hardly exciting at all.

May I ask where is everybody getting this information about the maps they are choosing and the gametypes?

Was there a written release or something I didn't see or do the pros just know about it because they got asked their opinion on things?

Although I think Ricochet does have potential if it were to be implemented correctly on more viable maps, I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring back a gametype like Headhunter which requires strategy and if played with two very talented teams could be quite competitive.

If they want to squeeze in a new gametype they should use something that is possible in H2A like 3 plot territories. If only we still had extraction in H2A

• Upvote (+1) 1

so 343 is about to ruin hcs by chasing cod...once again...

:lol:

if it works in cod it must work in halo...

We shoudl just play H1.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My thoughts on Ricochet in the HCS:

There is an obvious (and massive) disconnect between 343i HCS staff and the competitive community.  Representatives from 343 who are supposed to be the liaison between the Pro Players / Community and upper management HCS staff have either:

A. Failed to communicate the correct information to the people making the decisions.

B. Ignored Pro Player / Community Feedback and chose to do whatever they wanted.

Both options are clearly unacceptable. and it is disappointing to see things operating this way.   

You forgot:

C. Communicated the Pro Player/Community feedback to the people making the decisions, but were overruled and told to implement what upper management wanted.

Not that that's any better, but seems to be a likely scenario.

• Upvote (+1) 1

May I ask where is everybody getting this information about the maps they are choosing and the gametypes?

Was there a written release or something I didn't see or do the pros just know about it because they got asked their opinion on things?

Pros were asked their opinions, and later were told what would be happening for season 2. All of them talked and said they would collectively release information on what would be in season 2. Now, here we are.

I do think it's kind of dumb that the pros were given earlier warning on what to expect and practice for in regards to future tournaments. Not that I think any of them would be bumped from the inclusion of ricochet or anything, but I feel there was little reason to keep this announcement away from the general public.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So we ignore the whole Sprint fiasco in Halo 5 because they said they will tone it down for us and we get really deep into H2A because they finally 100+ days after the release somewhat fix their game and because there are a lot of juicy team changes, former teammates talking shit, rivalries now, etc.

.........now 343 hits us with "Oh since they let us finally get away with Sprint we are going to do what we want yet again....lets follow CoD"

When will this company get it?

True, 3 plot would be equally as effective if not more effective. Currently the maps  being used in HCS do not support the style of gameplay needed for Ricochet. The fact a ball can be thrown from the center of warlock to score or thrown to the flag spawn to a teammate for the teammate to run it in just does not respect the style of gameplay that the teams train for. Yes it could be argued another way too saying it requires teamwork but the maps are not designed for that gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So we ignore the whole Sprint fiasco in Halo 5 because they said they will tone it down for us and we get really deep into H2A because they finally 100+ days after the release somewhat fix their game and because there are a lot of juicy team changes, former teammates talking shit, rivalries now, etc.

.........now 343 hits us with "Oh since they let us finally get away with Sprint we are going to do what we want yet again....lets follow CoD"

When will this company get it?

They won't, because the people making the decisions don't understand the game at a fundamental level. Its common sense that Ricochet won't work on the given maps or in H2A in general, but hey it was fun when I played it in Customs for fun with nothing on the line!