CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

As long as they aren't remakes, I have no idea why he's complaining. I pointed the re-make thing out plenty of times.

Epic was in H4 matchmaking... does that count as a remake?

• Downvote (-1) 2

:salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

:saucey:

Lmao dude, are you for real?

You thought they were going to drop CoD for Halo?

They were never going to drop it, but Formal talked about juggling the two when the S2 prizes came out.

I don't know if my map is in or not, but if it is I pray to god they don't try playing Ricochet on it.  :prayers:

It's plays bad enough with good gametypes.  :P

• Upvote (+1) 2

Alright, alright. Home from work.

1. Ricochet isn't the end of the world (unless played on Warlord)
  2. I heard Epicborough and Eden were the rumored maps that were selected, any truth in this?
  3. Ricochet isn't the BEST competitive gametype in Halo, but the pro's are blowing it out of proportion in my opinion.

Do I want it in? I'd probably vote no, but I think it would be fun to spectate on the right maps

• Upvote (+1) 3

So Bravo is off somewhere with no internet, Tashi is .. who knows. I dont think either of them or really anyone from 343 has been in the HCS thread tonight.

Heinz on stream has been texting with Tashi.

Apparently Tashi said something along the lines of "prove to us Ricochet doesn't work"

I am one of the people who was arguing for Ricochet in Halo 5. I genuinely think it will be an exciting gametype to watch in Halo 5. 

But oh my god is it terrible for H2A. It's not even going to be worth watching. Did they even test it before announcing it? What a joke. 

Is that the one that made it? or Android?

If Halo 4 didn't suck so hard I would have stuck it around to play that map, but I'm pretty sure I've never played on it. I'll take your word and I mean I played a decent number of matches but not enough apparently.

Don't know what to tell you man. No idea why the forgers decided to recreate maps when they stated it was against the rules. I don't know why 343 picked a map that apparently broke their own rule. I think it's dumb. Regardless, it's just looking worse and worse with each thing 343 does.

Apparently Tashi said something along the lines of "prove to us Ricochet doesn't work"

343 pulling the BossNasti tactics. #Canyouproveit?
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People saying that "no one" like Ricochet obviously haven't played H2A matchmaking... It gets chosen overwhelmingly every time it's an option. And I can't say it's not fun. Although I understand completely why the pros don't want to play it, and why it won't work competitively.

From 343's POV...are they thinking that viewers will enjoy watching it, and thus essentially telling the pros to suck it up and play to make Halo more marketable? Seems like this is going to end up backfiring on them if so. I'm thinking they will drop it if the Top 8 seriously aren't going to play it.

• Downvote (-1) 2

on the right maps

what maps would those be?

dat ninja edit doh...

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only thing that would get this ridiculous ricochet out of HCS is if and only if:

TWO TOP TEAMS ON MAIN STAGE GOT RICOCHET AND PURPOSELY ALLOWED THE GAME TO END RESULTING IN A TIE REPEATEDLY UNTIL A NEW GAME TYPE WAS IMPLEMENTED. PRO BOYCOTT ON MAINSTAGE WILL FIX THIS ISSUE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

android was a reach map, idk where people are getting that map from.

I feel like you're supposed to prove that something DOES work before implementing it. Not the other way around, where you risk finding out that it doesn't work when money is on the line.

• Upvote (+1) 7

That thing T2 said awhile back about using HCS using pros to advertise may have some truth to it. People obviously don't want it but 343 wants to shoehorn it in anyway for Halo 5 or whatever the hell reason they have. Whatever the reason, it certainly isn't in the interest of competition.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who the fuck is Tashi again?

Community Coordinator at 343

That thing T2 said awhile back about using HCS using pros to advertise may have some truth to it. People obviously don't want it but 343 wants to shoehorn it in anyway for Halo 5 or whatever the hell reason they have. Whatever the reason, it certainly isn't in the interest of competition.

"Guys, look how much better H5 Ricochet is compared to "classic" ricochet! #Immersion

Well, it doesn't make your map better so there's that

• Upvote (+1) 5

Community Coordinator at 343

Was he involved with the competitive halo community before, or did he come from another franchise?

what maps would those be?

dat ninja edit doh...

Epicborough definitely has potential and Shrine would be better than Warlord. 

Warlord is pretty atrocious but Epicborough will be bearable...