CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't like the addition of it, but the whole don't play it when it comes up won't happen. Teams will still play it

I don't understand what 343 was thinking when they even asked the pros opinions...

The only disc map that it could sort of work on is Sanc. I have yet to play the Forge maps, so I couldn't comment on them.

You can score from Ring 1 though... so Sanc is out... every other map is out... bravo, 343.

Complains about not enough gametype variation

Complains when a new gametype is added.

GG.

• Downvote (-1) 17

Delete... I need to hold my tongue instead of biting the hand the feeds me unfortunately ..

• Upvote (+1) 5

Forge?

Dude. You don't design a map, let alone resort to Forge, with Ricochet in mind. If the developers - their job - can't even design a Halo map to play a gametype like Ricochet, shouldn't that tell you something? 

C'mon man. 

Edit: Also, read Snipedown's post. "I was also directly told that we will need to find strategies to counter that problem directly by 343." They are absolutely clueless! They expect to plug something in and it instantly works! Just fucking look at the Master Chief Collection. Just fucking insert all four Halos and we're good! We want Ricochet! Just fucking put it on one of the three maps and we're good!

They have their own agenda, and don't give a rat's ass how a decade of tried and true gameplay stands. XceeD. It's because of people that fail to think, that fail to comprehend, of what made Halo competitive that's led us to this shitty position today. 

halo 4 was a different game it plays differently does it not?

and again how can nobody like it if no-one is willing to EVEN TRY IT IN A SERIOUS EFFING MATCH.

all i want is someone to explain why its bad, and not just say "because its bad we tried in halo 4" (which no no-one gave it a shot then either) and no a video where snipedown is alone on a map doesn't do that either (but if throwing is such a big deal then disable throw in goals.....)

Ok, since you won't accept the crystal clear proof.

Imagine a 4v4 Ricochet Warlord game. The ball has just respawned and it's slowly counting down from ten seconds. A few people bumrush bottom middle and then the ball spawns. The dude picks it up and runs to the exit, quickly throws it like Snipedown's video and bam, scored. Unless you've got somebody sitting in those goals jumping around constantly, the ball will ALWAYS score. 

Rinse and repeat until the game is over. We had this same discussion back when v5 was being created and here we are again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Only way it works, is if they remove throw in scores, but then what makes it different enough from Flag to warrant its inclusion?

Complains about not enough gametype variation

Complains when a new gametype is added.

GG.

Everyone fine with new  gametypes, everyone is against a half ass addition a week before a major event with very little testing done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can score from Ring 1 though... so Sanc is out... every other map is out... bravo, 343.

Didn't know the throw distance was that long. We are screwed :(

Halo is an arena shooter.

It moves at a slower pace than other shooters.

It is a game designed with more methodical game-types in mind. Not the random chaos of shooting a "ball" into a hoop.

It just does not work for Halo.

They have tried it in another Halo and it was not received well because it did not play well.

Halo is an arena shooter, not a FPS NBA JAM like COD: AW.

Halo is Halo.

Halo.

This

• Upvote (+1) 1

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT DEFENDING THE SELECTION OF RICOCHET AS A GAMETYPE WITH THE CONTENT OF THIS POST.  RICOCHET IS A SHIT GAMETYPE IN H2A.

The two maps they are choosing to have ricochet played on can be scored on from the spawn of the ball, so no, that hasn't been taken into consideration.  I was also directly told that we will need to find strategies to counter that problem directly by 343.  

That's what goalkeepers are for.

I assume Warlord Ricochet will "evolve" to have 1 Goalie, 1 Sidebase camper, and 2 floaters.

Goalie's job is to intercept and pass to sidebase.

Sidebase's job is to slay, put shots on goalie, and pass to floaters.

Floaters jobs are to slay enemy floaters, carry ball, and try to dunk/layup when enemy base is empty or when passed to from side bases.  Also control camo/portals.

Of course, if you ever get 4 dead, your goalie can push up to help keep 4 dead while you have one floater just camp bottom middle for easy shots non-stop.  But at least it's not IDARB where a long-range shot is worth more -- dunks are better!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Only way it works, is if they remove throw in scores, but then what makes it different enough from Flag to warrant its inclusion?

This. If they removed throwing scores, it would be fine. But would then by the same as flag and that kind of seems pointless.

u guys could just not support competitive halo and play the good halo games that are on the same disc, o wait the game doesn't even work, there's no real matchmaking and everyone stopped playing 5 months ago. 

also i would recommand taking out three twenty dollar bills and wiping your ass with them next time you take a shit b/c that would be a better use of those funds instead of buying halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

That Snipedown video makes me want to vomit...

Holy. Christ. 

It won't play for me =[

C9 whining like a bunch of 10 year old PewDiePie's about the new maps.

I don't want to watch you play CTF on boring ass Warlord ever again. 

• Downvote (-1) 6

Halo is an arena shooter.

It moves at a slower pace than other shooters.

It is a game designed with more methodical game-types in mind. Not the random chaos of shooting a "ball" into a hoop.

It just does not work for Halo.

They have tried it in another Halo and it was not received well because it did not play well.

Halo is an arena shooter, not a FPS NBA JAM like COD: AW.

Halo is Halo.

Halo.

Well ironically, Ricochet was copied from UT2004's Bombing Run but it was never played in tournaments or taken very seriously. It was usually played on huge nuanced maps as well and you couldn't just throw the ball in from its spawn like the video Snipedown posted. Guy in the video is pretty bad(no dodge-jump or trans-locator use?) but you get the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUWTg3K7iU4

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT DEFENDING THE SELECTION OF RICOCHET AS A GAMETYPE WITH THE CONTENT OF THIS POST. RICOCHET IS A SHIT GAMETYPE IN H2A.

That's what goalkeepers are for.

I assume Warlord Ricochet will "evolve" to have 1 Goalie, 1 Sidebase camper, and 2 floaters.

Goalie's job is to intercept and pass to sidebase.

Sidebase's job is to slay, put shots on goalie, and pass to floaters.

Floaters jobs are to slay enemy floaters, carry ball, and try to dunk/layup when enemy base is empty or when passed to from side bases. Also control camo/portals.

Of course, if you ever get 4 dead, your goalie can push up to help keep 4 dead while you have one floater just camp bottom middle for easy shots non-stop. But at least it's not IDARB where a long-range shot is worth more -- dunks are better!

Can't wait to have 2 of the 4 players POV doing absolutely nothing but camping.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Omg inb4 sudds place top 8, winning game 5 Ricochet and "it doesn't count"

I am 100% against adding it btw

It always bothers me that your account is in capitals and your brothers is in lower case.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Omg inb4 sudds place top 8, winning game 5 Ricochet and "it doesn't count"

I am 100% against adding it btw

Hahah yall being clutch and winning a game 5, that's grand.

But for real, hope yalls hard work does pay off finally.

halo 4 was a different game it plays differently does it not?

and again how can nobody like it if no-one is willing to EVEN TRY IT IN A SERIOUS EFFING MATCH.

all i want is someone to explain why its bad, and not just say "because its bad we tried in halo 4" (which no no-one gave it a shot then either) and no a video where snipedown is alone on a map doesn't do that either (but if throwing is such a big deal then disable throw in goals.....)

its bad because it doesnt fit in this game I'm gonna assume that you're open minded to reason and don't have your mind made up and none of this has any malice. The reason it works in COD is because of the kill times,imagine watching football where you had to hold someone for 4 seconds before they were counted down and you were given the tackle. Also halo is an arena shooter the maps arent meant to be big and obstructed by long sharp corners which is what a game type like this would need. Also, the reason Uplink takes some skill in COD is because the throw distance isnt long you throw a sinker you start with a good arc and then the ball just drops also the goal is small it takes practice throwing to even get a point. In halo tge goal is on the ground and so huge that literally if you throw it near the goal its gonna be a point. Think about if its 3v4 with the kill times in this game theres always gonna be an open player thats gonna take too long to kill. 343 seems to think that it works in cod and people like to see high scores so this will work. Nothing about this game and ricochet match up. You throw a mile away you take long to kill the ball carrier, the goal is the size of a hill, etc. (Just my opinions plz dnt take my lunch muneys)
  • Upvote (+1) 5