CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Still in bad taste, I am sure you are able to think up another word or phrase to describe something that contributes nothing (in your opinion) that does not have to do with a disease that kills millions of people. 

Is it? If something has 2 definitions, and meanings, which do you take into account?  

cancer
ˈkansə/
noun

1. a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body.
    "he's got cancer"
    • a malignant growth or tumour resulting from an uncontrolled division of cells.
      plural noun: cancers
      "most skin cancers are curable"
      synonyms: malignant growth, cancerous growth, malignant tumour, tumour,malignancyMore

• an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate.
      "racism is a cancer sweeping across Europe"
      synonyms: evilblightscourgepoisoncankersicknessdiseasepestilence,plagueMore

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still in bad taste, I am sure you are able to think up another word or phrase to describe something that contributes nothing (in your opinion) that does not have to do with a disease that kills millions of people. 

Maybe if I go the Lewis Carroll route.

'And only one for birthday presents, you know. There's glory for you!'

'I don't know what you mean by "glory",' Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. 'Of course you don't — till I tell you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"'

'But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument",' Alice objected.

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

Alice was too much puzzled to say anything; so after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again. 'They've a temper, some of them — particularly verbs: they're the proudest — adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs — however, I can manage the whole lot of them! Impenetrability! That's what I say!'

'Would you tell me please,' said Alice, 'what that means?'

'Now you talk like a reasonable child,' said Humpty Dumpty, looking very much pleased. 'I meant by "impenetrability" that we've had enough of that subject, and it would be just as well if you'd mention what you mean to do next, as I suppose you don't mean to stop here all the rest of your life.'

'That's a great deal to make one word mean,' Alice said in a thoughtful tone.

'When I make a word do a lot of work like that,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'I always pay it extra.'

'Oh!' said Alice. She was too much puzzled to make any other remark.

'Ah, you should see 'em come round me of a Saturday night,' Humpty Dumpty went on, wagging his head gravely from side to side, 'for to get their wages, you know.'

(Alice didn't venture to ask what he paid them with; and so you see I can't tell you.)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Those terms certainly need to be eliminated. Its sad when the casters openly say "We wont be doing a very long listen-in in this final match, because all know things can get heated" which basically means "Hey theyre gonna swear a lot and we dont want kids to hear that kind of nonsense.

I prefer intelligent chirps anyway, that make the other guy feel degraded. 

"Someone tell ghandi the game has started!"

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is it? If something has 2 definitions, and meanings, which do you take into account?  

cancer
ˈkansə/
noun

1. a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body.
    "he's got cancer"
    • a malignant growth or tumour resulting from an uncontrolled division of cells.
      plural noun: cancers
      "most skin cancers are curable"
      synonyms: malignant growth, cancerous growth, malignant tumour, tumour,malignancy; More

• an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate.
      "racism is a cancer sweeping across Europe"
      synonyms: evilblightscourgepoisoncankersicknessdiseasepestilence,plague; More

Hey man. You are a ***.

9eb32c4c60b28d3cb8424a3e1e0f32f6.png

Wait! *** is slang for cigarette! So its okay!

See how lame that is? Everyone knows what you are saying, pulling out a dictionary and showing someone a definition of what you really meant (which isnt what you mean) is the hardest I would have to see anyone try ever.

- Cancer

- Rape

- Aids

- "*****"

All that shit is actually pretty terrible to say if you think about it for one second, everyone is guilty of uttering at least one of them at some point.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sorry man, but using the word "******" does not prove you have a "backbone." It's actually pretty weak. You do realize there are other ways of "standing up for your team" than to use a word that is deragatory towards handicapped people...right? You could have just called Aries out for what he said? Or you could have just been the bigger person and let your 7-0 win speak for itself?

I'm pretty torn about Team Randa. I like RyaNoob and Naded. Don't know much about Contra. But this Randa kid just seems so unlikeable. First he tweets out that only 3 other teams are good enough to scrim them, despite the fact that he has proven literally nothing. Then he uses the ****** word. Then he publicly calls out Ninja's gameplay in this post...when Ninja wasn't even the one talking trash? Maybe the reason the other pro players you speak of who apparently have such a low opinion of Ninja's play haven't spoken about it publicly is because they have class? It's one thing to critize someone's gameplay, but to completely trash a fellow pro (and one that is doing a lot of good for the Halo community) is pretty uncalled for.

Please get your facts straight, we won 1!!! It was like 50-48 warlord I think! Also you can even make it 2 games really, the last game randa lagged out on lockdown ball when it was 150-48 them but we were CLEARLY on the comeback xD

• Upvote (+1) 3

The thing is, phrases like "get raped" or "fucking ******/******" make me cringe - shows no creativity or smarts and just makes the player look like a tryhard. And what are the most memorable trash talks? Walshy with the needles, or T2 with stupid noob or dancing, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

lol already done. And see I posted that because I know cancer isn't just about a disease.

Hey man. You are a ***.

See how lame that is? Everyone knows what you are saying, pulling out a dictionary and showing someone a definition of what you really meant (which isnt what you mean) is the hardest I would have to see anyone try ever.

- Cancer

- Rape

- Aids

- "*****"

All that shit is actually pretty terrible to say if you think about it for one second, everyone is guilty of uttering at least one of them at some point.

Gonna disagree with the *** example - no one would call someone else a cigarette - however, the alternate definition of cancer actually makes sense. Plenty of politicians and public figures use cancer to refer to things other than the disease.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Most shit talk that isn't more than one word is just a reflex.. I.e. Idiot, *****, ***, dumbass, etc. I just wanna know how these words are affecting you guys at all lmao like in what way, shape, or form is them using less creative and thought-demanding words ruining your HCS experience. There's hella drama and activity right now cause of it

Okay noted. Don't really agree with it though as the map has a lot of structural cover, it all depends on how you position yourself on the map.

But I'll see what I can do with it though.

Also I could be wrong though, but didn't you only like Tesla out of the maps?

I feel like moving from Point A to Point B should increase the likelihood of death...but not guarantee it. The structural cover (which is negligible) is one thing, but if you're not at one of the structures, it's just empty space where you're going to get melted instantly.

And I believe Tesla is the most playable map, yes.

Although I think Ninja's a good person in general, he as well called me a ****** multiple times during/and outside of the scrim. The whole team was talking shit the entire scrim except Arkanum. They even made a rule/pact (lol) to blacklist us for the rest of the season and not scrim us which is childish asf in my opinion.

Would you say this is less, as, or more childish than leaving a (proven on LAN) top pro team mid scrim to go play another? Because "they're getting more out of playing you than you are from playing them."

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most shit talk that isn't more than one word is just a reflex.. I.e. Idiot, *****, ***, dumbass, etc. I just wanna know how these words are affecting you guys at all lmao like in what way, shape, or form is them using less creative and thought-demanding words ruining your HCS experience. There's hella drama and activity right now cause of it

I'm sure it keeps some viewers away - shows a level of immaturity. It's basically distasteful. Doesn't pass the TV test.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey man. You are a ***.

- Cancer

- Rape

- Aids

- "*****"

All that shit is actually pretty terrible to say if you think about it for one second, everyone is guilty of uttering them at some point.

What? You've massively misunderstood. When used in context Cancer is is fine to use. If someone calls the beyond community cancer it's perfectly fine, it's like calling it a disease or plague. Calling someone a *** is vastly different because you take the word out of context of it's meaning. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

- Cancer

- Rape

- Aids

- "*****"

Except the difference is that the reason I use the term cancer is also literally the same definition people associate the word with.

Now, when I say "Anyone who plays Ezreal in League of Legends is a ******." -- I'm not calling them a cigarette or a homosexual or a bundle of sticks.  I'm referencing the South Park episode "The F Word" ...in that case, I don't use the word in company that may view it as offensive, because I know the definition I'm using isn't globally defensible as "literally what the word means" -- I'm using the word to mean what I want it to mean.

• Player on my team called AD Carry.
  • He picks Ezreal and builds items that Ezreal can't use to carry a game, just be annoying to the enemy team while the rest of our team deals all the damage.
  • Ezreal player is a ******.

^ Not an example of a word being used by its normal definition to describe something.  Word is being twisted.

"Man, I can't watch Hearthstone streams...the Twitch chat memes there are cancer."

Hearthstone chat is littered with CONSTANT barrage of copypasta memes.  There is growth there, but it has no positive benefit (other than a few laughs if you are also enjoy copypasta memes...personally, I just respond with lowering my head, shaking it, and muttering "goddamn it.")  It's like an expanding tumor, only without a physical body.  It's the same definition.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Think of it this way.

Say you're a company and you're thinking about getting involved with this HCS league that is on the rise so you have people tune into a tournament/a stream/do some research/whatever. You're excited about the growth, but you hear people in the community calling others "fags, *******, etc." What are you going to do as a company? Are you going to get involved with that? It's pretty doubtful. Sure some companies do, but it will no doubt steer other potential sponsors away from HCS. 

The same goes for new viewers. First impressions are huge, and if they don't like what they're hearing people say, they're not coming back. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

He said he was "sorry if people didn't like the way he responded" to NB, but that he "wasn't going to change." Not even a real apology.

And yea, I mean you're right that pros hate on each other a lot. This just struck me as different. Probably because it was unprovoked by Ninja, and was without any indication of just trolling. Just a straight up "you're terrible, and everyone else thinks so but they are too scared to say it, including your teammates." You think Ninja is terrible? Cool. Speak for yourself.

No one knows the real situation. Best to just let it be.

I'm sure it keeps some viewers away - shows a level of immaturity. It's basically distasteful. Doesn't pass the TV test.

you really think people who would turn off a stream over cursing would be the type to enjoy our community? Come on.. That's the type of person to hear about Gandhi givin T2 TP after a W and say that it's unnecessary and immature.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't really want to get into this discussion of what terms are and are not appropriate to use, but I do want to say something about blacklisting teams or leaving mid scrim to play another team. The reality is that EVERY team should drop everything to face EG, CLG or Denial (or any team better than yours). You can say whatever you want as to to the legitimacy of online results, but it does a team no good to play a team they have consistently swept when a team they lose to or split games with wants to scrim. You do not improve by playing teams you beat consistently. You are only improving that losing team. And again, one can make the argument that on LAN or in a tournament, the results wouldn't be so lopsided. However, these are not LANs and are the only real pre-event practice most teams get. They need to make it count.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

you really think people who would turn off a stream over cursing would be the type to enjoy our community? Come on.. That's the type of person to hear about Gandhi givin T2 TP after a W and say that it's unnecessary and immature.

wut

Think of it this way.

Say you're a company and you're thinking about getting involved with this HCS league that is on the rise so you have people tune into a tournament/a stream/do some research/whatever. You're excited about the growth, but you hear people in the community calling others "fags, *******, etc." What are you going to do as a company? Are you going to get involved with that? It's pretty doubtful. Sure some companies do, but it will no doubt steer other potential sponsors away from HCS.

The same goes for new viewers. First impressions are huge, and if they don't like what they're hearing people say, they're not coming back.

companies I get but I'm not addressing them, I'm addressing us as a fan base.

What do new viewers hear that's so bad? Do they want all 8 players + coaches to be robots? They're all people with emotions and personalities just cause they're on a stage doesn't make them any less susceptible to mental slip ups and absences. Why blame them for that? We're all guilty for it.

@@GirlfriendHaver

Yeah... I guess I'll try one more time, though you didn't try to assess my post at all lol

the same person who would turn off a HCS stream over a word like 'ret4rd' are the same people that would think Gandhi's TP moment with T2 was completely immature and uncalled for.

What? You've massively misunderstood. When used in context Cancer is is fine to use. If someone calls the beyond community cancer it's perfectly fine, it's like calling it a disease or plague. Calling someone a *** is vastly different because you take the word out of context of it's meaning. 

I know what you are saying. What you are missing is that the term "cancer" or "cancerous" while having multiple meanings, can be a sensitive topic for a lot of people which is why someone could get upset or offended (aka one of the main meanings is extremely sensitive for a lot of people), especially if they had a family member suffer from it. I feel like that really isnt hard to understand whatsoever, and I am confident that you and Tiberius could put your heads together and find an alternate way of saying "This sucks" deep in the catacombs of a websters dictionary.

Anyways, I am done with this - back to being a corrupt forum mod.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1