CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thank you t2 for all you've done for halo

He might be a douche, but he's our douche

Now all we have left is og2 and naded

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tsquared was a skilled and intelligent player and was, in many ways, the face and voice of the game that we all love so much. It is sad to see him retire, but I am excited to see what he does next. I hope that he knows how truly thankful we all are for his contributions to the scene

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sucks to see him go. You know you've made it as a gamer when your face end up on a Dr. Pepper bottle. 

I'm totally on board with the idea of T2 coaching/managing his own team. I think it would be interesting to see a team run that way.

I think Walshy would be incredible at this too.

The other option that keeps T2 in the scene is commentating and he did a pretty terrific job of that in the past.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tsquared was a skilled and intelligent player and was, in many ways, the face and voice of the game that we all love so much. It is sad to see him retire, but I am excited to see what he does next. I hope that he knows how truly thankful we all are for his contributions to the scene

Old videos of Halo MLG days and violent alcoholism coming right up!

Jk obviously. Im Hoping Str8 Rippin turns into multi-platform gaming organization. Im certain he has the connections.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for the memories Tom.  Str8 was my favorite squad in the Halo 2, Halo 3 scene.  They always seemed like the scrappy underdogs early on, and when they won the title with that legendary roster I lost my shit.  Their series back and forth with TD were some of the highlights of H3 for me.  

Really wanna see T2 cast, or make Str8 Rippin into a legitimate gaming organization.  

Don't ever leave us, T2. We couldn't stand to see you go.

Our hearts would simply snap, my Tom, if you walked on out that door.

We promise we'll be good to you, and keep you warm at night.

T2, T2, T2, why don't we just shut off the lights?

I wonder if T2 is holding a grudge against Naded for bouncing after S1 Finals?

More likely not on good terms with Ryanoob who bounced after that 2nd place finish at the invitational. Could be completely wrong though. I don't think T2 would blame Naded for going out and seeking a team while he was away in Costa Rica.

Like others have said I hope T2 stays in the scene and possibly makes Str8 Rippin into an eSports organization. Just imagine there being a Str8 RIppin League or CS GO team. It would obviously take time and a great deal of effort, but if there's one person from the Halo community that could do it, it would be T2.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Love or hate him, this brought a lot of people to MLG/Competitive Halo in the mid 2000's.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Man, I knew this day was coming but it saddens me nonetheless.

T2 is the player that single handedly got me into competitive Halo back in Halo 3. The first event I ever watched was Las Vegas 2008 National Championships. I remember seeing him matched up agains Walshy, a player who I had learned was considered one of the best of all time for the finals. Then I proceeded to watch T2 lead Legit, Elamite Warrior, and newbie Snipedown to not only win Natiobal Championships that year, but also contest for the number one seed for the entire following year. He helped make Competitive Halo my favorite eSport. It's very sad to see him go but damn did he leave a mark on Halo.

And who will ever forget the phrase "Hi, I'm Tom "Tsquared" Taylor, and I've got the tips that'll have you fraggin' like a pro."

Definitely raising a glass to you tonight, @@Tsquared. Wish you the best in your future endeavors.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Love or hate him, this brought a lot of people to MLG/Competitive Halo in the mid 2000's.

I remember watching that when it came out. Good times.

Goodbye T2.

I know certain people complain about me and Bravo but the truth is we have a freaking blast working together because we're good friends and have known each other for years. For right now we play a big role in the HCS and its development and we've been the go to guys for a lot of these events because there hasn't been anyone else. Now that H5 is around the corner I expect to see so many fresh faces enter the space (thanks to spectator mode) that we won't be needed as much anymore, or at least that's the way I see it happening but we all know things can change, etc, etc. 

The problem when you and Bravo cast together is the same problem that EU LCS had when either Deman+Joe Miller, Deman+Quickshot, or Joe Miller+Quickshot cast together in the early days of the league.  All three of those names came into the League scene as Play by Play commentators.  Riot tried to shift Quickshot into the color commentary role for late S3/early S4 while they worked on getting Deficio more comfortable in his skin, so to speak.

But when they put any pairing of those three together, all of the casting was dumbed down.  It focused entirely on the action, without any reflection on the reason.  There was no analysis of why the players were doing what they were doing, nor any relevant predictions of what they were going to do next, or what they NEEDED to do in order to keep their lead for victory/take over the lead from the team ahead.

The difference that separates the you+Bravo pairing from the above situation is that...Bravo actually comes from a high-level competitive background in Halo.  He SHOULD be able to slip into the color commentary role while you handle the Play by Play...but instead, you two both focus on Play by Play while casting together, with the only analysis being sort of clichés like "Snipedown is going to be sniping" and the like.

While play by play is great for new viewers and for hype moments (and the two of you handle the hype moments VERY well) -- for veteran viewers during the rest of the broadcast, we're left hungry for more information.

And on the other subject of your post... I know a former coach with casting experience who wants to get into color commentary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank you for giving us the TD/Str8 11 game series in 2009, still one of the best series I've ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm really not prepared for the days when all of the OG's from CE/2 are gone..but that will also mean I'm probably too old to still care about competitive Halo.

Salute, Tsquared.