CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Dankest post of 2015

Fixed that for you fam  :flames:  :weback:  :rekt:  :saucey:  :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would much rather play a new slew of maps than keep playing two small maps that are super fast paced or the one bigger map with two snipes that we have played in three halo games now.. Remember H3? You had such a variety that we were always seeing game types removed and added. Personally I think that kept the game fresh and new. We had two forge maps in H3 and one was okay (Amp) and the other (Ons) was amazing. Maps like Pit, Sanc, and Narrows need a place in MCC or at least H5 when choosing what to play. Now if you have to replicate that feel of a larger team based map by using forge then go for it. I don't care how stupid it looks as long as it plays well then im chill and so should you guys!

Here is my take on the maps issue:

I love the maps that were used for Season 1. While they did become a bit repetitive towards the end, they are classic (no pun intended), and great for HCS. That being said, it would be great to see some new maps for Season 2, in addition to those that were used for Season 1.

What bothers me most about the maps is the aesthetics. They look bland, and as a casual player, I would not be interested in watching them being played, let alone play on them. That is my personal issue with the maps. I have no issues with forge maps being added, but to me it all lies in the aesthetics. That may be foolish because I think that, but its weird that I do. 

I wish 343i would add more maps in time for Season 2, but lets be real, they don't want to add maps anyways for MCC with all their focus on Halo 5. Just my personal stance on the issue.  

I would like to see a new map that plays king and ball well come and replace Warlord Ball and King. Those gametypes are fine, but no map should play more than three gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not saying your wrong or right. I was actually joking but since we started this I'll share my thoughts.

I didn't cast nearly as much at the Grand Finals and I think the event was better for it. I think it's important that we have people from the community stepping up, getting in front of the camera, and doing good work. That's why I (along with others) pushed for guys like Simms and Valen to cast at more events. 

WE NEED HOMEGROWN TALENT

I came into this (Halo) at a severe disadvantage and I acknowledge it and embrace it. I know my role, as well as what's asked of me, when it comes to casting Halo and I do my best to do a good job for the community because right now they deserve it. 

I actually laugh when I read "<insert caster> is so much better than Goldenboy" because I WANT THAT. I have no self interest in becoming a household name for Halo, like Puckett did back in the MLG days because who does that help? It's the same reason I'm glad that in COD there are new casters on the rise that are taking over the spots of the old-guard (whether or not they are willing to let that go is a different topic altogether). My casting days are numbered and I'm enjoying working with friends as much as I can.

I know certain people complain about me and Bravo but the truth is we have a freaking blast working together because we're good friends and have known each other for years. For right now we play a big role in the HCS and its development and we've been the go to guys for a lot of these events because there hasn't been anyone else. Now that H5 is around the corner I expect to see so many fresh faces enter the space (thanks to spectator mode) that we won't be needed as much anymore, or at least that's the way I see it happening but we all know things can change, etc, etc. 

Ideally, I want every event to be a tri-cast for the finals because I feel like Walshy is the best natural commentator Halo has at the moment and he should be right there with us because he complements me and Bravo so well.. Unfortunately, we don't always have the equipment to make that a reality. Honestly, I've even considered stepping down from casting the finals at IG and just let Walsh and Bravo run with it because I know they'll kill it and see how it goes.

Anyway, I just thought that I'd share that with you. I love this community (the good and the bad) and I want what's best for the HCS and its future, which is very bright, so I thank you for the feedback and the honesty but I think it's good that I share where my mind is at and what I want for the future of Halo esports and the people who represent it.

:wutface:

I cant wait to have our thursday discussion in a couple weeks like every event with austin hope all is well sir.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I cant wait to have our thursday discussion in a couple weeks like every event with austin hope all is well sir.

Same here dude! See you soon!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Simms is the man, but please for the love of God, don't push Valen on us. Not a good commentator.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Agree on Tesla. But do you really want to watch the same 3 maps over and over again for a whole season?

Hell no. But on the other end, I don't want to see pros play on a, in my opinion, underdeveloped map like tesla. Even I'm sick of playing the same maps over and over but atleast they play well(besides lockdown slayer

:wutface: :wutface: :wutface: :wutface: :wutface: :wutface: :wutface: :wutface: :wutface: :wutface: :wutface: :wutface: :wutface:

Thanks for you responding, you know I root for you and know you put 100% in for the cast and the community.

As for the homegrown talent, totally agree with you. Would like to see a lot more in the field, but at the same time with 343i having control of the league, they do pick the casters and who will be shown. I know for a fact that they only allow the people they want (which makes sense). Which in the end, isn't going to motivate veterans or new comers if there really no place to break in with the lack of spectator mode until Halo 5 or that possible person being vocal towards 343i decisions. Hopefully with the hype of the new game and spectator mode, we can get some old casters back and potential fresh talent to make HCS even better for years to come.

Anyways, can't wait for IG Atlanta, only 2 weeks out now!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Same here dude! See you soon!

you are a really good caster and thank you for helping Halo grow.

I think you are spot on about growing more halo casters. Our community can be very rough on new casters. When Valen tried to cast he got some very ugly responses. I recall Fizzor helped cast an AGL back in Halo 4 and he got some ugly and nasty feedback as well.  Halo is VERY hard to cast. Its very fast action at times and there is no spec mode. Depending on the setup you are watching 8 screens at once.

I am very glad that Strongside is giving it a shot. Ghostayme is a good caster as well. I am hoping T2 gives casting a shot as well.

Ignore the posts that think they know everything.

I find it very disappointing that certain Beyond staff think that they have all the answers that will "save halo".

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Theres a pretty awesome forged Beaver Creek floating around the forums. Why has that remake not been considered?

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9068-first-beaver-creek-gameplay-footage/

They said no remakes from the beginning, think they want fresh maps.

I find it very disappointing that certain Beyond staff think that they have all the answers that will "save halo".

When did we say we have all the answers? I'm just preaching what many have said before. We all want competetive Halo to grow in the end, don't think anything we said was crazy.

Theres a pretty awesome forged Beaver Creek floating around the forums. Why has that remake not been considered?

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9068-first-beaver-creek-gameplay-footage/

343 said that they did not want a remake forge map. I believe that it was one of the rules for map submissions for season 2.

Which is surprising given that Tesla has gain the most traction among the pros since Tesla is a remake of Midship.

Wait, did they really say that but are considering Tesla? That makes no sense...

Yeah, Tesla is what is throwing me off with the no remakes thing. I run through that map and clearly see a Gray Midship with some weird foliage...

• Upvote (+1) 1

My impression is that @@GoldenboyFTW usually thanks in a good way for the feedback on this forum. And with the amount of shit talk he must endure in all the Twitch chats he must be one of the coolest guys on the planet. I think he is a great caster and my only complaint is that he is "to kind" and give average pro players to much praise.

Walshy combo'd with anyone and I won't mind. I know he can't cast every series but he's my favourite caster by leaps and bounds. The other guys are great, I just love the knowledge that Walshy brings.

Wait, did they really say that but are considering Tesla? That makes no sense...

I am fairly certain they said no remakes. Maybe some forger can verify. I thought it was maybe if 343 does a map pack they did not want to confuse viewers/players.

I honestly think that H2A mechanics is probably the best we have had since Halo 3. (I would say halo 2A is better than h3).

What H2A lacks is no ranking system and few maps. I have no problem with 343 delaying halo 5 till they fix up Halo MCC and release 2 map packs for H2A. 

I think Halo MCC needs to be fixed regardless of Halo 5. It is an awesome thing to be able to play any of the old Halo games online. And I hope 343 continues to support MCC after H5 release.

The only advantage of Halo 5 is it will bring in new viewers and attention.

I hope you guys understand this and we don't "rush" out maps and put out lower quality maps / gametypes at Atlanta (a big event in terms of points) just for the sake of change. I know we are all tired of 3 maps, but understand where I am coming from.

I don't get it. Rush out lower quality maps? The only low quality map is tesla and that's the one all the pros want. You have like 6 really well forged maps to choose from.

And to learn how to play it will only take a few games. Plus everyone will have more than enough time to learn it too. So it's no big deal really.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I'm not sure what to think of the forge maps, but personally, I do not like them... yet. This leads me to my next point. As a pro, I like to focus on the gametypes that I KNOW I am going to be playing at an event. It may sound selfish in a way, but it's only because it's so close to a LAN event. There are online events every weekend, but those are equivalent to 1/4 of a LAN event, so I would be willing to put more time into looking into these maps during that time as opposed to preparing for Atlanta. I'm not sure if that Naded quote someone posted a few pages back is actually Naded, but I agree with that paragraph. I think the 11 gametypes we have are fine for NOW (for Atlanta) and then afterwards, we should go more in depth and narrow it down to 2-3 maps and improve the spawns, lines of sight if need be, etc. There are 2 months in between LAN events and I think that will be more than enough time to get a great forge map or two for online cups, Indianapolis and finals.

I do think we need at least another map, because like someone said above, I do like gametypes like Warlord King and Warlord Ball, but having 5 gametypes on one map is just way too much. I hope you guys understand this and we don't "rush" out maps and put out lower quality maps / gametypes at Atlanta (a big event in terms of points) just for the sake of change. I know we are all tired of 3 maps, but understand where I am coming from.

A pro that doesnt blindly support Tesla?

No way!!! 

I'm not sure what to think of the forge maps, but personally, I do not like them... yet. This leads me to my next point. As a pro, I like to focus on the gametypes that I KNOW I am going to be playing at an event. It may sound selfish in a way, but it's only because it's so close to a LAN event. There are online events every weekend, but those are equivalent to 1/4 of a LAN event, so I would be willing to put more time into looking into these maps during that time as opposed to preparing for Atlanta. I'm not sure if that Naded quote someone posted a few pages back is actually Naded, but I agree with that paragraph. I think the 11 gametypes we have are fine for NOW (for Atlanta) and then afterwards, we should go more in depth and narrow it down to 2-3 maps and improve the spawns, lines of sight if need be, etc. There are 2 months in between LAN events and I think that will be more than enough time to get a great forge map or two for online cups, Indianapolis and finals.

I do think we need at least another map, because like someone said above, I do like gametypes like Warlord King and Warlord Ball, but having 5 gametypes on one map is just way too much. I hope you guys understand this and we don't "rush" out maps and put out lower quality maps / gametypes at Atlanta (a big event in terms of points) just for the sake of change. I know we are all tired of 3 maps, but understand where I am coming from.

Many of the maps that were selected have gone thru some sort of testing by forgers and 343 (from my understanding).

I think pros do not want to take the time to learn new maps and see them develop.

Maps take time to develop. You probably know this better than anyone. If we go back to any Halo "season" and see how a gametype played at the beginning of the game release vs. at the end of life-cycle of a game it was very different. Understanding of the game grows and new strategies merge. For those of us who follow Halo very closely we like to see how teams "play" a map. What new strategies a team has when playing a map. 

The first time Final Boss did a green room setup in Oddball Lockout it got me very excited. I think for some of us who have been playing/watching Halo since Halo 2 days we feel have exhausted the maps lockout,sanctuary, and warlock. For example I just don't see what new strategies if any that can develop on these maps.

I like Goldenboy as a caster. I love the excitement and enthusiasm he brings. Simms and Bravo bring that as well. I agree with every one else. If we had one of those three, combined with Walshy, Side, Ghost, Tsquared (depending on what he does for S2 and beyond) and so on, we would have a great combination of excellent play by play and strong insight into the strategies and nuances of high level competitive play.