CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is Cloud9 ever going to officially announce picking up Pistola or.. 

They want it to be a surprise.

• Upvote (+1) 7

For $70/month and un-reliable service and shitty support?

Yes. If you ever have the pleasure of dealing with Comcast of Time Warner Cable you will understand.

Here is an accurate description of the experience: 

I can't understand

4238924607.png

:saucey:

I know that if someone has it worse doesn't mean your problems aren't valid, there's just sooo many comcast posts screaming first world problems especially with the way r/technology goes on about it and you saying 30 down 5 up is a "half-way decent speed". You're right but speeds seem fine to me mate.

P.S 343 I REALLY needed dem dedicated servers :/

I can't understand

4238924607.png

I know that if someone has it worse doesn't mean your problems aren't valid, there's just sooo many comcast posts screaming first world problems especially with the way r/technology goes on about it and you saying 30 down 5 up is a "half-way decent speed". You're right but speeds seem fine to me mate.

No Fibre in Cardiff then? Dang.

I'm getting this with BT atm.  

4238937555.png

I can't understand

4238924607.png

When you compare American prices and speeds to the rest of the world it is clear that we are being screwed over by large corporations. Thats basically the complaint. Pair that with horrible customer service, outages, and droppage (speed is advertised as 5 up 30 down but you only get 2up 10down), etc. It becomes a massive joke.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No matter what your opinion of the player is; this is amazing.

This is the type of stuff our community SHOULD be doing.

I'm pretty sure Walshy already did that or raised money for one.

He probably wouldn't feel the need to point it out cause it's walshy, so I will.

EDIT: the guy said this is what the community SHOULD be doing, walshy is a part of the community and HAS done it or the community gave money to what walshy organized. Just in case he thought this hasn't happened before. Please tell me why what i'm saying is wrong, I wanna learn from it.

EDIT2: and by "point it out" I don't mean walshy posting it to twitter as if flamesword is doing something wrong, I mean mention that the community is doing this.

but i'm not a rapper

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 16

No Fibre in Cardiff then? Dang.

I'm getting this with BT atm.  

4238937555.png

That's the thing lol, i'm not in Cardiff i'm in the centre of Newcastle smh and I still don't have it (why the fuck am I connected to Wales). HOWEVER my area (gosforth newcastle) may be the first to get 1gb this summer cause i'm probably the last person in the UK that isn't countryside to get hooked up so we're the first with the new tech.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/01/bt-confirm-uk-rollout-1000mbps-g-fast-ultrafast-broadband-2020.html

When you compare American prices and speeds to the rest of the world it is clear that we are being screwed over by large corporations. Thats basically the complaint. Pair that with horrible customer service, outages, and droppage (speed is advertised as 5 up 30 down but you only get 2up 10down), etc. It becomes a massive joke.

Now we're talkin. Understood Sauce.

That's the thing lol, i'm not in Cardiff i'm in the centre of Newcastle smh and I still don't have it (why the fuck am I connected to Wales). HOWEVER my area (gosforth newcastle) may be the first to get 1gb this summer cause i'm probably the last person in the UK that isn't countryside to get hooked up so we're the first with the new tech.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/01/bt-confirm-uk-rollout-1000mbps-g-fast-ultrafast-broadband-2020.html

When on speedtest make an account, go to your settings and press "refine location" and that should sort it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most internet connections are shared between family members, roomates, etc.

Doesn't matter if you have greats speeds, if you have several people in the same connection downloading, streaming, etc. 

That's why serious players should invest in a router with good QOS so they can choose what device to prioritize in their network to avoid latency spikes (if not ISP related).

• Upvote (+1) 1

These are some of the better numbers I've seen for here.

4237852252.png

This is not unlimited btw, and with the phone and satellite, costs $150 a month

3884215840.png

Where are you in Montreal? That's insane, call the police bro I had those speeds 15 years ago with Bell... I kept Fibe TV though (5 receivers, 1 pvr, 30 à la carte) + this Videotron Internet unlimited is like $150 a month, and no home phone because cell but you're definitely paying way too much, those speeds alone shouldn't be more than $15 a month, and they'd still be ripping you off

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just caught up on the last 30 pages. love the pro-on-pro violence that is going down here  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 7

You people know that those speed tests you're all running mean absolutely fucking nothing... Right? Especially the ones from people who live in apartment complexes, school dorms, and town houses.

It's stupidity like this that makes people think their 14 down, middle of the US connection =  a good host... Snipedown... 

Actually the one I linked is the speed I pay for. And our isp tells us to check that to see if its right when we call them.

Uhhhh.... What? What has ever given you the impression i think i'm better then Royal 2? Theres probably never been a better Canadian player... Maybe ever. There's probably only 1 other Canadian that could compete at that level if practiced and given a shot on a good team. And that's Veldex.

Uh... Yea no.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty sure Walshy already did that or raised money for one.

He probably wouldn't feel the need to point it out cause it's walshy, so I will.

EDIT: the guy said this is what the community SHOULD be doing, walshy is a part of the community and HAS done it or the community gave money to what walshy organized. Just in case he thought this hasn't happened before. Please tell me why what i'm saying is wrong, I wanna learn from it.

EDIT2: and by "point it out" I don't mean walshy posting it to twitter as if flamesword is doing something wrong, I mean mention that the community is doing this.

but i'm not a rapper

I dont know all the details, but Im pretty sure Walshy helps run that whole organization (hes friends with the founder). So saying he "already did that" doesnt make too much sense, since he's sort of on the inside of the whole thing. Not to diminish all the work Walshy has put into it. But the reason people are giving Flame credit is because he independently ran a fundraiser for the organization, even though he has no affiliation with it. Maybe that clears up some confusion?

• Upvote (+1) 5

4238783981.png

As we are sharing speed results, this is the current best I can get in my area until 2017.

Edit: I instead of we

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA.

I dont know all the details, but Im pretty sure Walshy helps run that whole organization (hes friends with the founder). So saying he "already did that" doesnt make too much sense, since he's sort of on the inside of the whole thing. Not to diminish all the work Walshy has put into it. But the reason people are giving Flame credit is because he independently ran a fundraiser for the organization, even though he has no affiliation with it. Maybe that clears up some confusion?

Thanks for filling me in. The people who didn't like what i typed need to understand what "i'm pretty sure" means and probably should try filling me when i'm asking what's wrong so i'm not ignorant. but. yeah. our community has been doing things like that so.......

Thanks for filling me in. The people who didn't like what i typed need to understand what "i'm pretty sure" means and probably should try filling me when i'm asking what's wrong so i'm not ignorant. but. yeah. our community has been doing things like that so.......

If you have any questions let me know!

Walshy is on the Board of Directors, but has contributed to Kart's in the past which he is incredible proud about and showed pictures everywhere.

Stay tuned, we will be delivering Strongside's very soon!!

Video about Flamesword's delivery!

• Upvote (+1) 8

Most internet connections are shared between family members, roomates, etc.

Doesn't matter if you have greats speeds, if you have several people in the same connection downloading, streaming, etc. 

That's why serious players should invest in a router with good QOS so they can choose what device to prioritize in their network to avoid latency spikes (if not ISP related).

I can say that fibre basically removes this. One of my friends has Fibre-to-the-premises 100down40up and it's uncomfortable stable. I'm talking his housemate, she spends 99% of her time at home watching dumb shows in 1080p high definition and he plays a buttload of League of Legends, which is notorious for it's dependancy on a stable connection, and he gets perfectly stable ping no matter what is happening. I could be watching YouTube on my phone, she'll be streaming shows and he can play LoL with perfectly stable ping.

Fibre for president.