CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

yeah the arena ranks were not bad in theory. however Halo players prefer the simple 1-50 ranking. I think the Halo 5 ranking system is lacking. I dont see a "starcraft" type ranking fitting our community. It works great for starcraft but for the halo community its all about getting that 50. Did not like that halo 5 semi-pro, pro ranking system.

The halo 2 leveling + halo 3 exp ranking would be the ideal system.

edit: I think they said they would be leader-boards for halo 5. I think that would be the crowing achievement. Trying to be a top player on the leader-boards.

This

It works great for starcraft but for the halo community its all about getting dat 50. Did not like that halo 5 semi-pro, pro ranking system.

fixed.  

Off topic:

I liked the ranking system, I just felt it was too unforgiving, took too long to rank up, and tiers were pointless. Make the tiers a separate rank, and instead of generic titles, give them halo related themes (minus semipro and pro maybe?)

On topic: who are rc's last two members? Also where did blaze and elumnite end up, do we know?

I hope to find my way into the competitive scene again.

I have yet to attend an event in HCS so playing at that level was refreshing. 

with a little practice I know I'll be great. 

Had some rough matches today, but I'm not even worried about it honestly. I adapt and learn quick. Ready to play again

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Had some rough matches today, but I'm not even worried about it honestly. I adapt and learn quick. Ready to play again

Destiny Championship Series wasn't doing it for you?  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really like Fizzor. I think it be cool if he could be the coach of Warriors V2. Did Halo confirm that all streams are going on to be on the Halo channel? Since I think Halo twitch channel would bring more viewers than IG. I know IG wants to grow but if Halo wants to stream it at least have like IG have a constant logo on the screen so they get proper promotion

All through season 1 I was saying the Halo twitch channel should be at the very least using the host feature for the LAN events. Let IG or UGC or whoever broadcast the event, but if the halo channel hosted those streams I believe it would be a nice boost to viewership. Also if the halo Twitter account would hype up the events that would probably help as well. But what do I know? I'm just a fan. They're the geniuses that made Halo 4 and launched a flawless MCC.

I'm stoked to see Pro Players pushing out content, I don't think they realize how much fans want to know about them. Most players take the wealth of potential revenue they have for granted by not realizing that we just want to see more of them, in game and out of game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Destiny Championship Series wasn't doing it for you?  :prayers:

lol Couldn't complain, I was getting viewers n built up a following while Halo was unplayable. But I can't leave my roots  B)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Definitely would like to see T2 coach a team. He coached Status Quo when they got 2nd at nationals I believe and he's always been a smart player.

Team Randa or even Ninja's team should consider asking him to coach. He's teamed with both Ryanoob and Naded in the past which is a plus. (Also Legit and Ninja)

I was thinking something similar - but I think that Team Randa is already in talks with established orgs - same with Ninja's team. I don't know what it takes to start an Org, but I don't think it's something you can just up an do. T2 is going to have to put a lot of work into it. However, if there's anyone who can do it, I think it's T2. 

On a side note, how cool would it be if Str8 Rippin became an huge org that expanded to other games? I'd freak if there was a top LoL or CS team that was under the Str8 Rippin brand. 

T2 should try the Golden Ticket idea.

id like to see T2 turn str8 into an org. not sure how i feel about T2 coaching though, T2 replacing spartan or doing the golden ticket idea sounds much better to me.  

I think I just negged you on my phone by accident, I'm sorry I'll fix it as soon as I can

I think I just negged you on my phone by accident, I'm sorry I'll fix it as soon as I can

rip   :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Loving all the streams atm, its a bit hard with the time difference and work the next day but I've been watching and trying to interact as much as I can on my phone in bed. I definitely need to sub to @@Arkanum simply for that incredible face emote, gets me every time.

Great to see we are getting back on track as a whole. Youtube, Streamers, HCS, Season 2 and then Halo 5... Its going to be a good year, im pumped to say the least.

Really excited to see if EU and US can start to play and practice against each other alot more with the announcement of dedicated serves for custom games in H5, yes there will still be latency issues but I think it will make life so much easier and finally bridge the gap between the 2 sides of the pond.

But this is all later in the year, right now its all about IG and the kick off of S2. With all these new squads and some bad ass rosters IG is going to be awesome!

:weback:  :flames:

Yep, same here. But that doesn't seem to stop Roy, I often catch the tail end of his stream in the first couple of hours of work because he just keeps going. The dude is a machine!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yep, same here. But that doesn't seem to stop Roy, I often catch the tail end of his stream in the first couple of hours of work because he just keeps going. The dude is a machine!

100% agree, actually threw him a sub on Saturday because I watched him Friday night and when I got up Saturday he was still going on a 24 hour mission. Massive respect to him

• Upvote (+1) 1

100% agree, actually threw him a sub on Saturday because I watched him Friday night and when I got up Saturday he was still going on a 24 hour mission. Massive respect to him

I was a part of that epic stream, sub as well just because of that. But Roy easily hosts the best "Pro" streams. He's so interactive with his viewers. Constantly talking to his chat, and playing with games with his chat. He really deserves a major stream following. 

If anyone hasn't tuned into Roy on a night he's stream, twitch.tv/roy.

Always a good time.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Jesus.... I go off for vacations for 3 weeks...and the storm really hit everyone. Season 2 is looking interesting with everyone now streaming and doing youtube  vids...last night I even saw a Roy vid ! 

I'm sticking with CLG to get that top 1, cloud can be that little thing that pushes them to get it(even though I thought there was nothing wrong with Heinz)

All through season 1 I was saying the Halo twitch channel should be at the very least using the host feature for the LAN events. Let IG or UGC or whoever broadcast the event, but if the halo channel hosted those streams I believe it would be a nice boost to viewership. Also if the halo Twitter account would hype up the events that would probably help as well. But what do I know? I'm just a fan. They're the geniuses that made Halo 4 and launched a flawless MCC.

Completely agree. The hosting feature is there for a reason and it doesn't hurt Iron Games or UGC or whatever third party is running the event. Since way more halo fans are following halo on twitch it would be good to host it there - would definitely lead to bigger viewership numbers

The Halo stream was used for G4G, and the finals. It sounds like from here on out the Halo stream will be hosting all competitive Halo tournaments.

The Halo stream was used for G4G, and the finals. It sounds like from here on out the Halo stream will be hosting all competitive Halo tournaments.

Would be nice to see it host all the LAN + cup tournaments. Would be better if they would also host misc. pros when there's no tournament going on.

As much as I hate to say this. The "death" of Halo may actually turn out to be a really good thing for our community.

Look at where we are in all honesty. I see more Pro player involvement on the forums and with the community in general, We have major Orgs sponsoring teams, the huge rise in streaming has allowed us to watch scrims and online tournaments easily.

I feel Halo has a better chance to grow now than it ever did before. I still have reservations about H5 but in all honesty I think with the right moves and more promotion Halo could potentially be bigger than it was during MLG. It might seem crazy but it feels like there's more to work with now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It takes all of us to make the community grow. Spectators, content producers, promoters, everyone. I feel like with HCS we have a stable tournament environment. Everything may not be perfect, but we are getting back to where we might have been once before. Very exciting stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It takes all of us to make the community grow. Spectators, content producers, promoters, everyone. I feel like with HCS we have a stable tournament environment. Everything may not be perfect, but we are getting back to where we might have been once before. Very exciting stuff.

Yeah man the potential is huge, however the only thing that is hurting us is the LAN discrepancies on the Xbox 1.

In the tri-state we have a fairly large competitive scene and usually had a LAN tourney every other month hosted through NJhalo. A ton of amateurs and a handful of local pros always came to these events- they usually timed them up 2 weeks before a national event (MLG at the time) so it served as good LAN practice for anyone attending the national event. There was always good competition and it served as a great way for new up and comers to make a name for themselves. 

I called NJhalo multiple times and he stated that they would not be hosting any tourneys till h5... He said because of the MCC problems that it really hard to LAN because you technically have to be connected to the internet and it is overall just a mess./pain in the ass. 

Now my question is LANing MCC just a problem, or is it a problem for any game on the XB1?