CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Still seems fine with the monthly salary, because not every org is gonna win.

Win a tourney at 20k they take 20% 4k

Still walk away with 4k each and take care of everything right? 

The problem with this philosophy:

They pay for everything, and assuming they aren't giving salaries, you are literally paying them 2k(4k to org minus 2k for expenses) to represent them. Obviously, with salaries and the idea that you're not always going to place that high...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll ask the Denial guys what I can and can't go into so I can spread some more light on how orgs work for the most part.

Yeah id love to see how the big names do it compared to smaller sponsors. Im sure they dont want exact figures of income but those can always be vague such as "salary" etc

Mainly just hoping to know you guys are making a good living for the effort you're putting in, you know along with streaming as well.

Yeah id love to see how the big names do it compared to smaller sponsors. Im sure they dont want exact figures of income but those can always be vague such as "salary" etc

Mainly just hoping to know you guys are making a good living for the effort you're putting in, you know along with streaming as well.

Salary is worth it we're in the upper hundreds per month and it goes more as per performance base and other ways of income that comes into effect.

So there's room for growth on top of our base number.

+ prize money, twitch revenue, donations.

It's not too bad of a pay.

and as an org grows, the players grow which leads to even more benefits.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The problem with this philosophy:

They pay for everything, and assuming they aren't giving salaries, you are literally paying them 2k(4k to org minus 2k for expenses) to represent them. Obviously, with salaries and the idea that you're not always going to place that high...

Yeah I understand what youre saying, I guess it can be a double edged sword depending on how well you do obviously. 

It still is a business after and theyre looking to make money off merch and other things, my philosophy is as long as it keeps you playing halo and not worrying to death about money, youll be able to stream and make a decent living doing what you love. 

Though temporary itll be a hell of a ride with an org vs on your own

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly about time. If I were one of the best in the game and also one of the more liked pros, I feel I'd have mass videos out. And just do so much more with the fans and community as well. Easier said than done, of course. but when so many people look up to you the smallest reach (lol) out and extra interactions go so far.

He is very good to stream viewers I must admit. He shows he truly cares. Some people don't give two shits but he seems to really appreciate everyone. Which makes this being his first video more surprising.

What is the point of PGLs? Is there money involved?

Also, anyone know why 2gre doesnt stream anymore?

Honestly about time. If I were one of the best in the game and also one of the more liked pros, I feel I'd have mass videos out. And just do so much more with the fans and community as well. Easier said than done, of course. but when so many people look up to you the smallest reach (lol) out and extra interactions go so far.

He is very good to stream viewers I must admit. He shows he truly cares. Some people don't give two shits but he seems to really appreciate everyone. Which makes this being his first video more surprising.

Look at Ninja, he has a massive following and the ability to sell himself as a brand and constantly talks about how he makes more than enough to live on. If you could be him, wouldnt you make tshirts and controller cases and sell yourself? Why not?

Look at nadeshot, hes monetized his name by making youtue videos and hes already a millionaire (I believe) just from playing and making videos. All of Ninjas vids have THOUSANDS of viewers, why not make more right?! Lots can be done for the game, however I guess this is off topic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The difference between roy though is he also has a job, so i think hes been focusing on his stream the most because thats the thing people want to see most. Roy is honestly just an all around good guy and he'll get more active in due time, he loves his fans.

Look at Ninja, he has a massive following and the ability to sell himself as a brand and constantly talks about how he makes more than enough to live on. If you could be him, wouldnt you make tshirts and controller cases and sell yourself? Why not?

Look at nadeshot, hes monetized his name by making youtue videos and hes already a millionaire (I believe) just from playing and making videos. All of Ninjas vids have THOUSANDS of viewers, why not make more right?! Lots can be done for the game, however I guess this is off topic.

Nadeshot has done a great job branding himself, and the other members of Optic are as well. They each have their own line of apparel, each have their own branding/logos. More Halo pro's should look into that aspect. If @@OGRE2 had his own line of apparel I am sure MANY here would buy something. There is so much more they could be doing to make money besides relying on winning tournaments with decent but non-sustainable prizing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll ask the Denial guys what I can and can't go into so I can spread some more light on how orgs work for the most part.

I really appreciate that man

I think people should ONLY support ethical gaming orgs, we don't need any slave labor BS amirite

I trust orgs like denial, EG, optic, fnatic, anything goodgame agency related basically

The difference between roy though is he also has a job, so i think hes been focusing on his stream the most because thats the thing people want to see most. Roy is honestly just an all around good guy and he'll get more active in due time, he loves his fans.

Indeed. He is a solid person no doubt. People like him would get more out of fans liking and appreciating his material too. That's what i was getting at.

Better late than never, we'll take it.

You guys also have to remember a lot of us did have plans to produce content, and MCC threw a giant wrench in the gears. It was almost impossible, it's doable now so I expect it to get fairly better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think people should ONLY support ethical gaming orgs, we don't need any slave labor BS amirite

I trust orgs like denial, EG, optic, fnatic, anything goodgame agency related basically

Agreed. And like you said I feel the ones here now are pretty legit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also, anyone know why 2gre doesn't stream anymore?

The other day during the All-Star game, he said he doesn't have a capture card at the CLG house, so he hasn't been able to stream since he moved out there.

There's also orgs who are growing who do incredible things even in their infancy. Don't forget the little guys.

Lunatik and Orbit are just a couple of them :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys also have to remember a lot of us did have plans to produce content, and MCC threw a giant wrench in the gears. It was almost impossible, it's doable now so I expect it to get fairly better.

You appreciate your viewers too mikwen. I like u ;). Your MCC point makes sense for just the recent past. You guys all do as you wish obviously, but Halo has been around for a long time.

You appreciate your viewers too mikwen. I like u ;). Your MCC point makes sense for just the recent past. You guys all do as you wish obviously, but Halo has been around for a long time.

I left out that some of us are incredibly lazy and like not having to do anything but play video games.

I am included in that.

and I seriously appreciate that, I need to be more consistent. ^^^^

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you forgetting that people PAY hundreds of dollars just to play these games? there is no slave labour here. lol

EDIT: If you go to the Halo: MCC twitch page, the top streamers are girls. New tactic--- screw youtube, just be a girl on twitch. 

CLG has a problem finishing kills, and 2gre seems to be the only one that follows the flag carrier back to the base.

team randa is impressive. Just so aggressive

CLG has a problem finishing kills, and 2gre seems to be the only one that follows the flag carrier back to the base.

team randa is impressive. Just so aggressive

a bit too raw if you ask me. very scrappy and aggressive team from what I have seen. Dont see any directed attempt of controlling power weapons and making collective pushes.  they depend on their slaying ability

There's also orgs who are growing who do incredible things even in their infancy. Don't forget the little guys.

Lunatik and Orbit are just a couple of them :)

#INTEL ?  :kappa:

a bit too raw if you ask me. very scrappy and aggressive team from what I have seen. Dont see any directed attempt of controlling power weapons and making collective pushes.  they depend on their slaying ability

That's why I like them :ghost:

Joysticks Forward all the time

top8 is going to competitive