CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this website for a while and I finally decided to make an account! :) Can somebody tell me what was Ogre 2's reaction to halo 5? Somebody said it was bad and he won't compete in that game?

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this website for a while and I finally decided to make an account! :) Can somebody tell me what was Ogre 2's reaction to halo 5? Somebody said it was bad and he won't compete in that game?

He basically stopped playing after a few games, and didn't give it a chance... whereas Heinz played a lot and tried to play it differently, and adapted. In conclusion, Heinz >  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Welcome to the site.

A message to all the other lurkers; join up and get posting, the more the merrier :) (except 10 man ffa in mcc, that is stupid).

• Upvote (+1) 1

From what I remember watching him, he didn't really take the time to learn the controller layout and kept ground pounding when trying to crouch jump not realising that clamber had made crouch jumping obsolete in the beta (343i have said they have now changed the button layout which is good), got mad and didn't really play it again.

I was going to try and find the stream but because of Twitch's stupid new rule where they delete old VOD it's gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Seems like a halo reach and 4 combined"(In essence the games that killed halo, excluding NBNS)... Went back to h1.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He basically stopped playing after a few games, and didn't give it a chance... whereas Heinz played a lot and tried to play it differently, and adapted. In conclusion, Heinz >  :goat:

Really? Hmm he must really disliked it. 

Welcome to the site.

A message to all the other lurkers; join up and get posting, the more the merrier :) (except 10 man ffa in mcc, that is stupid).

Thank you! :)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

From what I remember watching him, he didn't really take the time to learn the controller layout and kept ground pounding when trying to crouch jump not realising that clamber had made crouch jumping obsolete in the beta (343i have said they have now changed the button layout which is good), got mad and didn't really play it again.

I was going to try and find the stream but because of Twitch's stupid new rule where they delete old VOD it's gone.

Dang, that pretty much confirms he doesn't want to take the time and learn the new stuff. :/

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Dang, that pretty much confirms he doesn't want to take the time and learn the new stuff. :/

Learn what? How to sprint laps around Midship and ADS using the BR? Game is codified trash and I would of done the same in his shoes. He almost retired in part because he said "There hasn't been a fun Halo to play" in recent years, H5 is a continuation of the same shit that has ruined this series whether people want to admit it yet or not. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 6

tumblr_lgvvg3VCo81qh643ao1_500.gif

Sufficiently awkward question - check.

Their bickering is unparalleled.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Learn what? How to sprint laps around Midship and ADS using the BR? Game is codified trash and I would of done the same in his shoes. He almost retired in part because he said "There hasn't been a fun Halo to play" in recent years, H5 is a continuation of the same shit that has ruined this series whether people want to admit it yet or not. 

There's more to H5 than that... some people have done really nifty things with ground pound, thruster, and stabilizers. "Continuation of same shit" really only applies to Sprint, as ordnances/loadouts are out, while static weapon spawns, equal starts, weapon launching, etc. are in. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I enjoyed the beta.

THE MOST NEGATIVE PERSON IN THE WORLD ENJOYED THE H5 BETA

• Upvote (+1) 9

Will sprint be used in competitive play though? Honestly don't know the answer to that but I can only hope not. Since they announced Sprint will be optional I could only think that the purpose of that was for the HCS settings, but then again Sprint was optional on Reach and yet was still used for a long amount of time, so I guess only time will tell. 

Also I think H5 has had some very mixed reviews, with many people saying they love it, and many people saying they hate it - I think it will be successful though, HCS has been run pretty well by 343 so far. Yes the games themselves haven't been great, but they've done a pretty good job at running the eSports side of things. 

There's more to H5 than that... some people have done really nifty things with ground pound, thruster, and stabilizers. "Continuation of same shit" really only applies to Sprint, as ordnances/loadouts are out, while static weapon spawns, equal starts, weapon launching, etc. are in. 

Competitive settings have always had equal starts, Halo 5 does plays like a continuation of Halo 4+CoD more than the original Halo trilogy and I laugh at anyone who thinks it will be the "revival" of comp Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Will sprint be used in competitive play though? Honestly don't know the answer to that but I can only hope not. Since they announced Sprint will be optional I could only think that the purpose of that was for the HCS settings, but then again Sprint was optional on Reach and yet was still used for a long amount of time, so I guess only time will tell. 

Also I think H5 has had some very mixed reviews, with many people saying they love it, and many people saying they hate it - I think it will be successful though, HCS has been run pretty well by 343 so far. Yes the games themselves haven't been great, but they've done a pretty good job at running the eSports side of things. 

It should be, because putting a wedge between communities is the last thing that the overall Halo community needs. Not just the sub communities.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I had a blast playing Halo 5. The last night of the beta was amazing for me. I hit semi pro. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1