CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I still believe there's a possibility that Lethul clones himself 3 times and creates a new team called The Lethul Looks.  :lxthul:

Most realistic prediction right here folks.  :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everyone's been making team predictions, might as well jump in:

7. Elevate: SpartanTheDogg, Gabriel, Contra, Shooter - Young talent with a ton of skill, I think Contra slides in well here and gives them the slaying power to start punching above their weight.

Can 100% tell you Munoz won't be dropped from eLevate.  And if he ever is, they'll do worse as a team.

Edit: And Spartan/Gab bring enough potential slaying power.  That team just needs to learn how to play smart Halo.

I still believe there's a possibility that Lethul clones himself 3 times and creates a new team called The Lethul Looks.  :lxthul:

:lxthul: weapon

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team predictions are too hard to make now, but I can see some likely pairings:

Mikwen & Chig stick together. Both play their best when together. 

I can promise you Kyle and I will be teaming no matter what happens.

New CoachMayne right here boys!  :kappa:

-1th correct prediction in the thread  :goat:

Disclaimer- I really respect what 343 and ESL are doing for Halo. This was made, not because of a mistake, but because of how it was handled at the event. 

Someone write a summary for people who don't want to watch me talk for 15 minutes.

I actually remember on stream hearing someone on CLG say they couldn't hear their team mates during the game. Not sure which match up it was, but I know it was Shrine TS and it was a stalemate.

Some comments on this video. 

1. Before our first match against Noble Black with the Astros (which I agree were pretty awful that first day, and I'm SO thankful that we switched to in ear headphones along with plantronics. With the crowd sunday they were the only thing keeping us from hearing them. By far the best crowd I have been a part of.) we went over to their side because of our issues with the outside players not being able to communicate well with each other. They also had the issue, it was not just red side.

2. After switching to the in ear headphones and plantronic set up we also switched over to the turtle beach mix amp. Much different than the astro mix amp as it allows more specification with what you want to hear. I was playing a free for all and had NO idea where sound was coming from. I realized this and started to look at the mix amp. I realized that I could boost specific things if I wanted, also that I had no surround sound. I usually dont use surround sound on astros because I don't like it but I switched that on and I had no problem figuring out and deciphering sounds. 

3. I agree ESL could have been a bit more helpful with the Astros while they were being used, but they also were on strict schedules and without the older mix amps being there at the time I'm not sure what more could have been done. Our solution was to use like 90% voice on the mix amp and had the white noise lowered. Bad situation but it didn't cause any upsets really in the tourney so i'm thankful for that.

F/A for season 2, have a few things in the works but we'll see what happens.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bad situation but it didn't cause any upsets really in the tourney so i'm thankful for that.

You winning a event is a upset

tstare.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hearing about the audio issues, it makes sense why the more objective-oriented players under performed (comparatively) this tournament - players like Ryanoob, Heinz, & Aries. That style of play relies on communication a lot more than simply going out on your own and slaying. 

I actually remember on stream hearing someone on CLG say they couldn't hear their team mates during the game. Not sure which match up it was, but I know it was Shrine TS and it was a stalemate.

Fairly certain that was me telling Mat to go to our wall in ring on Shrine TS when we were both their wall. He couldn't hear me say it a few times, so I decided to go to our wall instead (10 seconds after I told him to go). I wanted him to go there to watch and see if a guy goes ring 3 their side since I was already their wall. He didn't hear me, which meant a delay in someone going to our wall, and I ended up getting caught off guard by the guy ring 3 and getting killed. The sound was pretty poor all event. Friday - lots of white noise and you could hear commentators. Saturday / Sunday, either people didn't talk loud enough where half their call out would not be picked up, or they would talk too loud and it just became static. It made you feel lost at times because you really didn't know where anyone was / couldn't small talk with your teammates much. No use in complaining during the tournament because that was what we were given (after we "fixed" the Friday issue). Like Ryan said, not an excuse, just facts.

• Upvote (+1) 9

@@Heinz

I think the worst part was that they kept telling us it was extensively tested and both teams had issues.

This is the finals, teams should not have issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Heinz

I think the worst part was that they kept telling us it was extensively tested and both teams had issues.

This is the finals, teams should not have issues.

I did not know about the extensive testing, but what I'm disappointed in (going by what you said) is that since both teams were having trouble, they were basically ok with it? I don't think that's how it works. I do hope that two sound proof booths are invested in for the sake of Halo. The players, team performance and crowd will all be a lot better for it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did not know about the extensive testing, but what I'm disappointed in (going by what you said) is that since both teams were having trouble, they were basically ok with it? I don't think that's how it works. I do hope that two sound proof booths are invested in for the sake of Halo. The players, team performance and crowd will all be a lot better for it. 

What I thought whilst watching ryanoob's video was they would be happy with everyone playing sitting on the floor, or upside down, to them the disadvantage is ok as long as everyone has it and that's a shame it worked out like that.

Sucks to hear you guys had issues, from the fans and spectator pov the event was amazing to watch. Hope these issues get cleared for S2 so you guys can all have a fair shot when playing.

I really really hope they invest in sound proof booths for S2. They seem so much nicer for the players and it looks professional.