CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wonder if he's referring to the whole post, the new pros, or the "refreshing change of pace". 

All I know is, a Halo game that God doesn't compete is gonna depress the fuck out of me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont know much about gaming organization contracts- what they require/restrict from players, payout situation, etc- but i don't see why they would pass it up.

Anyone who has attend an event, what is the rough estimate on how much it costs for the weekend? Does a 1000 to 1500 sound right?

Thats a little high. If you figure $350 for a flight, split a hotel so maybe $50-$75 for that, plus (in MLG days the team pass of $200) you'd have $50 for a team pass, and maybe another $50-$75 for food. Looking at around $500-$600 per event.

For some weird ass reason, when Cntra retweeted something, it said Cntra US or uS or something after it. Idk if that's a twitter bug showing regions or if it's a sign to an org that usually has US after it (Envy?)

Idk... doesn't show it now though. 

I wonder if he's referring to the whole post, the new pros, or the "refreshing change of pace". 

All I know is, a Halo game that God doesn't compete is gonna depress the fuck out of me.

To me it seems, he was referring to the "wave of new pros" comment. No way to really tell though.

Wish Goofy would turn on his stream while playing with Ninja and the boys, used to love watching him compete.

Thats a little high. If you figure $350 for a flight, split a hotel so maybe $50-$75 for that, plus (in MLG days the team pass of $200) you'd have $50 for a team pass, and maybe another $50-$75 for food. Looking at around $500-$600 per event.

Okay cool so lets say $700 TOPS for an event. 

That means in order to break even the team needs to place where the prize money is $2800- i dont think people attend events to break even either. 

So in order to double there money they need to place where the prize money = $5600... and that is before taxes.

my question is who gets the prize money if they are with a gaming org- The players or organization?

That means in order to break even the team needs to place where the prize money is $2800- i dont think people attend events to break even either. 

So in order to double there money they need to place where the prize money = $5600... and that is before taxes.

my question is who gets the prize money if they are with a gaming org- The players or organization?

Yeah thats something I don't know. I actually wonder how orgs are profitable. I can't imagine they sell that much merchandize to balance salaries of players or competition expense reimbursement. I guess just from their own sponsorships of companies. (EG sponsored by Razer, and Monster etc.)

• Downvote (-1) 1

Depends on the org

Pretty sure most good orgs don't take prize money from the players

Probably all of the above.

In general organizations get about 50% of all tournament winnings and stream money. i haven't seen first hand any contracts in the halo scene but i know that this is pretty standard for esports in general. Top players can negotiate slightly better terms and conditions obviously but this is the baseline that I've seen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Depends on the org

Pretty sure most good orgs don't take prize money from the players

lol you'd be surprised

In general organizations get about 50% of all tournament winnings and stream money. i haven't seen first hand any contracts in the halo scene but i know that this is pretty standard for esports in general. Top players can negotiate slightly better terms and conditions obviously but this is the baseline that I've seen.

50% of the prize money?

That's bull shit for the players especially since they likely already have to split it 4 ways for each player on the team .

In general organizations get about 50% of all tournament winnings and stream money

if that's true then why would anyone sign with an org?

50% of all your income?

they would have to be paid a handsome salary if that's the case

that doesn't sound right to me

50% of all your income?

I'd believe it would be 15%, maybe 20% tops. It would also be split 4 ways by the players; 5 ways if there is a coach involved. 

Active posts: 4

It would also be pretty refreshing if the best Halo player ever was actually involved with the community. Just wanted to point that out.

I thought we were suppose to neg rep everything he writes?

• Downvote (-1) 4

I'd believe it would be 15%, maybe 20% tops. It would also be split 4 ways by the players; 5 ways if there is a coach involved. 

I dont think most coaches take an even split.

50% of all your income?

Yeah my guess is that they are on salary for 30k a year, about $15 dollar an hour w/ 40 hour work week.. So if they had all expenses paid for events and could take 50% prize money that decent i guess.... Prize money in essence is commission. 

However there are pros like ROy and LBX who have full time Jobs so id imagine the pay isnt that great...

Any Pros would care to shed some light? If you are even allowed to discuss it haha