CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think aim down sights and clamber are the worst new things. (sprint trusters ect. were there in other Halos too)

If we don't start to get loud about it now and Halo 5 has good sales (which is happening since 99% of this forum will buy the game) aim down sights and clamber will be in the series and they will stay. My only hope right now is a good H3A but if it has any of these new H5 features it will be confirmed trash too.

I'd prefer if ADS had no change to spread and because of the small time it takes to zoom it  annoys me but it's not that big of a deal IMO. I personally think it looks pretty cool for most guns. 

And I love clamber. It makes maps a lot more vertical without having to make the jump height too high which in turn means jumping is a viable option when strafing (does that make sense?).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guys, guys, guyssssssssssssss. Discuss H5 in the H5 thread :wutface:

For the most part we're talking about whether or not Halo 5 will be fun to watch for HCS 

For the most part we're talking about whether or not Halo 5 will be fun to watch for HCS 

Kinda pointless at this point, I don't think we know the full picture/scope of H5's HCS potential and they're still putting out surveys and such. 

A lot can change from the Beta to full release. 

Regardless, this is the HCS S2 thread, seeing pages of H5 talk feels out of place.

On topic: Got super drunk last night, missed all the scrims.

Who scrimmed last night and what were the results? Something about Optic getting spanked?

Did Cntra's team decide they don't want an org sponsor or something?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Kinda pointless at this point, I don't think we know the full picture/scope of H5's HCS potential and they're still putting out surveys and such. 

A lot can change from the Beta to full release. 

Regardless, this is the HCS S2 thread, seeing pages of H5 talk feels out of place.

On topic: Got super drunk last night, missed all the scrims.

Who scrimmed last night and what were the results? Something about Optic getting spanked?

Did Cntra's team decide they don't want an org sponsor or something?

*hangover* yeah about last night....

I'm just glad S2 seems to be going better than S1. More Halo the better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So how about forge maps for season 2? Has 343 shown any sign that they are going to add some forge maps? Saw that Eden map and it looks like it could definitely work for HCS.

If they are going to add some, it'll have to be soon so players can start practicing on them.

So how about forge maps for season 2? Has 343 shown any sign that they are going to add some forge maps? Saw that Eden map and it looks like it could definitely work for HCS.

If they are going to add some, it'll have to be soon so players can start practicing on them.

Testing is being done today with someone from 343 and community cartographers. Which maps specifically are going to be tested is currently unknown, but shouldn't take too long for that to be announced.

Also if I'm correct here, I believe actual games will be played on the maps this time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Testing is being done today with someone from 343 and community cartographers. Which maps specifically are going to be tested is currently unknown, but shouldn't take too long for that to be announced.

Also if I'm correct here, I believe actual games will be played on the maps this time.

Yea its kind of up in the air i do know that they are testing 100% HCS gametypes thats all they care about atm. Only one canvas is allowed though so that disallowed quite a few maps but from what i understand they were open to anybody who had a good idea or if the map showed any promise at all. They are desperately searching for more maps - they want more too - so i think we can rest easy knowing that someone will certainly make something for them that is up to snuff

The "Official HCS" account spent the better part of yesterday in H2A forge as well, that's the first time that account has been online in over 3 weeks. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know what time the tourney starts today?

what toruney?

can anybody post the maps being considered? (youtube walk-thru)

Did any competitive Halo have a map choice before the game, like in CS:GO?(Where they get to veto maps/gametypes from a pool). Obviously this would require more than the little amount of maps we have the now but this could spice things up. 

Edit: English

Did any competitive Halo have a map choice before the game, like in CS:GO?(Where they get to veto maps/gametypes from a pool). Obviously this would require more than the little amount of maps we have the now but this could spice things up. 

Edit: English

I want to say that MLG did this for a single tournament back in Reach. I could be wrong though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want to say that MLG did this for a single tournament back in Reach. I could be wrong though.

yes did it in last Halo Reach tournament.

I like the veto system. I think should have 15 gametypes and then have the veto system. Increases the meta-game and mind games between players. Also makes for good drama.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yes did it in last Halo Reach tournament.

I like the veto system. I think should have 15 gametypes and then have the veto system. Increases the meta-game and mind games between players. Also makes for good drama.

Thanks for the reply, I think it would make good drama but however it could become trivial. Due to the community wanting to pros to stream more, pros could learn from the other pros' stream about their strengths and weaknesses. This would create more tighter games at LANs and encourages more scrims in general.

So how do you guys feel about Team Randa passing up orgs for a separate more independent route?

I think they were good enough to go with a good org, def. curious to see this announcement, whenever it happens. 

So how do you guys feel about Team Randa passing up orgs for a separate more independent route?

I think they were good enough to go with a good org, def. curious to see this announcement, whenever it happens. 

Where was this "announcement"?

I dont know much about gaming organization contracts- what they require/restrict from players, payout situation, etc- but i don't see why they would pass it up.

Anyone who has attend an event, what is the rough estimate on how much it costs for the weekend? Does a 1000 to 1500 sound right?