CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think Halo 5's Spartan Abilities are a welcome, refreshing new twist on the Halo formula that has only been improving since Bungie's last hurrah, Halo Reach.  I think if we all took a deep breath and gave it a serious chance, we'll all learn that it is truly what is best for HaHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry I can't honestly finish this sentence with you all thinking I might be serious.

:goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 is gonna bring a whole new change of pace. It'll definitely be refreshing because tnwillnprobably also bring a wave of new pros. You all do realize we've been watching the same 10 kids run train on everyone right? It'll be good for the community to see them get dethroned.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo 5 is gonna bring a whole new change of pace. It'll definitely be refreshing because tnwillnprobably also bring a wave of new pros. You all do realize we've been watching the same 10 kids run train on everyone right? It'll be good for the community to see them get dethroned

Well I have been rooting for those "same 10 kids" (Mainly EG) since 08. That and some of those 10 kids have been on top across 3/4 Halo's so I think we will still see them on top in H5.

I genuinely feel like Halo 5 is going to kill any momentum gained over the next season. Game is just not good to watch. It's average at best to play. Can't see people like Ogre 2 sticking it out as he played about 5 games of the beta and gave up on it.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

If Season 2 ends in July, there is still enough time for a Season 3 before November if they wanted to.

I cant believe we're going to not have Midship or Beaver Creek in H2a

All of your precious pros will play halo 5, solely cause they have love for the franchise. It takes a few games to adapt and to enjoy.

As for MaceX42s post, I totally agree. These Spartan abilities will separate play style and create a ridiculously dynamic gameplay. I'm excited to see what 343 does for the competitive game types. Looking forward to it. I just hope halo 5 draws a greater community.

Side question: is there a Japanese/Korean halo scene? They do gaming the biggest, if they aren't playing halo, why aren't they playing halo?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

All of your precious pros will play halo 5, solely cause they have love for the franchise. It takes a few games to adapt and to enjoy.

As for MaceX42s post, I totally agree. These Spartan abilities will separate play style and create a ridiculously dynamic gameplay. I'm excited to see what 343 does for the competitive game types. Looking forward to it. I just hope halo 5 draws a greater community.

Side question: is there a Japanese/Korean halo scene? They do gaming the biggest, if they aren't playing halo, why aren't they playing halo?

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 3

xbox, let's call it "American exclusive", this is no popular outside of the US.

Also, All of your precious pros will play halo 5, solely cause they have love for the franchise money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think people writing off h5 already is laughable. we played an alpha. when it releases, there will have been about 8-10 months of development time full of tweaks/improvements/changes that we won't know about until release.

also, we don't even know what the comp settings will be, which is a pretty big part of it. and not having to look at the same 3 maps will be refreshing by itself, regardless of how the game plays

how do you think CoD competitive/traditionalists felt when people started jet-packing and climbing and crap all over AW maps? (I don't know anything about CoD). I would guess they reacted similarly to the halo community, yet I'm pretty sure they're doing fine right now.

*insert quote about being pessimistic here*

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

xbox, let's call it "American exclusive", this is no popular outside of the US.

Also, All of your precious pros will play halo 5, solely cause they have love for the franchise money.

I didn't want to put it like that in fear of negs lol.

And to Boston SK - You're probably so right. If people want to quit, let them. There is always room for the next generation to take the reigns.

Keep in mind... the majority of our playtime was probably only Slayer during the beta so the final gametypes will not all be as standoffish and slows. If you judged H2 only but Slayer on Lockout, Sanctuary and Beaver Creek you'd probably think it was slow as well. Also we only ever had radar on for slayer so HCS Slayer won't be as stalematey for that reason alone. 

Slayer is only slow in bad Halo games

• Downvote (-1) 1

Slayer is only slow in bad Halo games

I'd say slayer is slow in every game except CE for the most part. But don't you like Halo 2 and 5? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know the majority of you probably won't share these opinions with me but I just want to make it clear that there actually are reasons that some of us like Halo 5 and it's not just blind loyalty to 343 or whatever. 

That is true but if we don't draw a line somewhere and say: "stop this is not Halo anymore" the series will get worse and worse. I am okay with the fact that people like Halo 5 but every time they release a new game with new cheesy stuff everyone buys it. That way we will never be heard and god knows what they start putting in the game after Halo 5.

The Halo community is always like: "They never listen to the community! :salt: "

Why the hell would they listen to a community that buys the game regardless? If they get the ca$h there is no reason to listen to anyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd say slayer is slow in every game except CE for the most part. But don't you like Halo 2 and 5? 

I think H5 would be a good slayer game if powerup timers are like CE

H2 Slayer wise is garbage and obj is it's strong point, but obj in Halo is kinda meh for me

If they want it to be an "Arena Experience" then the Slayer needs to be on point

Keep in mind... the majority of our playtime was probably only Slayer during the beta so the final gametypes will not all be as standoffish and slows. If you judged H2 only but Slayer on Lockout, Sanctuary and Beaver Creek you'd probably think it was slow as well.

This is fair. Although if Halo 5's objective gametypes are bad (with more gimmicky bullshit like no flag drop and oddball throwing) then the game is in deep doo-doo. Bomb better be coming back regardless, that's a definite.

H2 Slayer wise is garbage and obj is it's strong point, but obj in Halo is kinda meh for me

If they want it to be an "Arena Experience" then the Slayer needs to be on point

I wouldn't mind going with an all-objective gametype rotation if slayer is bad but the rest of the game is workable. I'm fucking tired of 4v4 slayer, those games almost feel like an intermission between intense CTF/ball/bomb games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That is true but if we don't draw a line somewhere and say: "stop this is not Halo anymore" the series will get worse and worse. 

Agreed. I just personally feel Halo still feels like Halo to me. Your welcome to disagree. I can explain why I feel this way if you want.  

This is fair. Although if Halo 5's objective gametypes are bad (with more gimmicky bullshit like no flag drop and oddball throwing) then the game is in deep doo-doo. Bomb better be coming back regardless, that's a definite.

Completely agree. But I'm hopeful 343 is dumb enough to once again ruin other wise fines objective gametypes like they did in Halo 4 but the incompetence of 343 can never be underestimated so we'll see. 

100% agreed.

Meh I think Slayer is slow on some H2 maps, but I don't think it's garbage. 

100% agreed. I've never understood why there are like 5 slayer game types played in an 11 game series while there is 6 obj combined. IMO it should be like 2 slayer, 2 ctf, 2 koth, 2 oddball's, 2 Assault and and 1 extraction or something.  But if 343 are continue to have half the HCS gametypes be slayer than it needs to be a million times better than it was in the beta. 

I wouldn't mind going with an all-objective gametype rotation if slayer is bad but the rest of the game is workable. I'm fucking tired of 4v4 slayer, those games almost feel like an intermission between intense CTF/ball/bomb games.

Yup me too. Unless Slayer is like CE slayer I'd be fine if it wasn't in HCS at all. But the likely hood of that happening is probably pretty small unfortunately. 

Agreed. I just personally feel Halo still feels like Halo to me. Your welcome to disagree. I can explain why I feel this way if you want.  

I think aim down sights and clamber are the worst new things. (sprint trusters ect. were there in other Halos too)

If we don't start to get loud about it now and Halo 5 has good sales (which is happening since 99% of this forum will buy the game) aim down sights and clamber will be in the series and they will stay. My only hope right now is a good H3A but if it has any of these new H5 features it will be confirmed trash too.

• Upvote (+1) 2