CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would have to disagree with you on R2 being the worst on CLG. I do agree on selfishness and attitude, but come on that's what makes him R2. He's a monster at slaying. On the Heinz ordeal; I mentioned at a time that he struggled to get kills, but you have reminded me that he doesn't need to go positive in the k/d category to be effective. He has always been a support player. Always having lots of assists in a game.

he's a good slayer, but he's not pistola. I think two slayers who perform like ola and snakebite would work better with ogre 2 and heinz. Just personal opinion

he's a good slayer, but he's not pistola. I think two slayers who perform like ola and snakebite would work better with ogre 2 and heinz. Just personal opinion

I'm on the fence, I really like the Snakebite/Royal 2 duo. People seem to forget how young they are still, they can only get better =p.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To those that say stats mean nothing I would be apt to disagree in that stats show consistency to "slay" which in a FPS is a very key aspect of the game......if no one on a team has a consistency to slay I would be prone to say that team is not going to far very well in a match that's just the nature of the game.....that's why you see it a very common practice that these top teams all consist of good slayers but are always packing 1 or 2 (using old halo terminology so please don't flame me) "Main Slayers" who serve the role (I.E. Royal 2, snakebite, Roy, snipe down, etc....). The gaps between the top slayers as far as k.d. Is usual minimal to say that someone was first versus 5th really doesn't mean a whole lot but the fact that they were providing consistent slaying is what matters and leads to wins

• Upvote (+1) 3

and that they could've done better with anyone else is just another classic ignorant move by previous teams and they'll be confused as to why they won't out-place me in Atlanta.

582.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

To those that say stats mean nothing I would be apt to disagree in that stats show consistency to "slay" which in a FPS is a very key aspect of the game......if no one on a team has a consistency to slay I would be prone to say that team is not going to far very well in a match that's just the nature of the game.....that's why you see it a very common practice that these top teams all consist of good slayers but are always packing 1 or 2 (using old halo terminology so please don't flame me) "Main Slayers" who serve the role (I.E. Royal 2, snakebite, Roy, snipe down, etc....). The gaps between the top slayers as far as k.d. Is usual minimal to say that someone was first versus 5th really doesn't mean a whole lot but the fact that they were providing consistent slaying is what matters and leads to wins

This argument as been going on for years. Imo the bottom line is stats tell part of, but not the whole story, simple as that. If you know enough about the game and players, you'll know how good a player really is and what they bring to the table.

I would also like to hear more of these event recap videos from other players, c'mon pros, let's see that content.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It is a very common error in MCC's coding. The reticule fucks up in all the titles on the disc. I'm not sure why there is skepticism or any questioning at all of Contra's ability/mental state. If anything, that was the team's fuck up to assume he was "choking" under the pressure. Why was that a fuck up? Because it lowered their confidence in their teammate, ultimately lowering their confidence in the team which finally affected their individual gameplay as well. Do people make up stories as to why they are missing? Of course, "it's online" or "this controller is broken" is used a shit ton. But a lot of the time....its true.

• Upvote (+1) 1

waiting for  :lxthul: and APG posts regarding this.   AdRBEsy.gif

LMAO, I'm not going to say anything. It's in the past :)

• Upvote (+1) 8

At GFG it was Contra, and his slaying power that allowed them to place as well as they did.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I gave you a Neg by mistake, meant to give a Plus... Will resolve by giving two thumbs up on previous posts...

That's ok, I'm not a rep hound lol.

Thank you for saying it at least.

This argument as been going on for years. Imo the bottom line is stats tell part of, but not the whole story, simple as that. If you know enough about the game and players, you'll know how good a player really is and what they bring to the table.

I would also like to hear more of these event recap videos from other players, c'mon pros, let's see that content.

Yea i think you nailed it. To say stats don't matter is a little bit dishonest but if you only evaluate play based on stats there will be a lot of things that you miss in analysis. Personally i like to use stats as my starting point, then try and watch vods and develop a sense or feel for how i think people performed. Once i combine the two i usually end up with an understanding of how someone performed that I'd be willing to voice to others.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What bias do you think people looked at it from? If anything I'd argue your post came from a pro-bias of the 2gre-Ola connection. Again, it's not that we're offended, in fact you got offended when people disagreed. Despite all of that, it's not really a big deal or an issue and I suggest we just move on. Very kind of you , and entirely necessary, to mention my 'beige existence' and my search for a team. Do you often resort to 'witty' tongue in cheek personal attacks?

Oh all the time comrade, I enjoy being sardonic. Everyone is biased in their opinions Phade, I'm biased to the fact I feel OLa for Heinz would make CLG a stronger team. You're biased to your opinion that you feel Heinz is being unfairly targeted by me, and I don't understand the intricacies of team strategies, that are only defined by practice, practice, and more practice. I don't realise the various tactics that are intellectualised by going over various scenarios during team play. How with the more practice and the intelligent design by those who study the game. It allows you to beat a team of the same calibre of your own, because you've run through all the variables that could happen. Boss Nasti would be proud of you ;) and Curse the day some idiot calls you a Stopwatch for Hire :) I like Gaming because It's fun, and I like posting because it's fun :) I don't like being called out by some autocratic geezer... Who tells me what to do :( Opinions... All opinions are biased of varying levels, just don't be hypocritical :)
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Flamesword is quickly turning heel

tumblr_mkyowhCqVB1r2ahfqo1_500.gif

To be fair you have called him out ever since he made the originally Optic halo team back in April 2014. 

• Upvote (+1) 1